Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 693,694 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup. Predators definitely handled that sort of situation in a better way.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

This is going off topic but here is my idea for how a team up might occur...

In a callback scene to the first film, a predator lifts a colonial marine by the throat, pins him to a wall, and looks him in the eyes.  He draws his blades and it appears the marine is finished, but then... his motion tracker starts beeping.  The predator glances at the tracker and knows what it means:  xenos are about to come calling.  After a moment of consideration, the predator releases the marine, not giving him another look as he gears up.  The marine picks up his pulse rifle, reloads, and takes a position next to his new ally.  It's game time.

SM

SM

Boy the marine really earned that.

Why didn't the Predator kill the armed marine, then kill the Aliens?

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Because there's too many aliens and he needs the extra firepower the marine can provide.

SM

SM

Weak.

Problem with Lex is she did nothing to earn the Predators respect.  She simply got lucky.  A Predator needs to be forced into alliance with a human.

Your marine did even less than Lex.  Predator could just use his shoulder gun to shoot the Aliens at range - and pick off stragglers with the marines pulse rilfe.  After he's ripped the marines head off.

Scree

Scree

Exactly the reason why fans or anyone else without any experience as a professional writer should never ever write or pitch an AVP movie or any movie.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I'm not pitching a movie.

QuoteA Predator needs to be forced into alliance with a human.

The advancing aliens have created that situation.

QuoteYour marine did even less than Lex.

Only because we haven't discussed that yet.  This marine is the protagonist.  The predator has been stalking him for quite a while and observed him in action.  The marine has just given him a good fight up to this point.  The predator knows the marine is damn good at what he does.

QuotePredator could just use his shoulder gun to shoot the Aliens at range - and pick off stragglers with the marines pulse rilfe.

These aliens are hard to kill. They're not the cannon fodder bugs that so many people complain about.  Also, due to events leading up to this moment, the predator may not be armed with his best weapons.  He may not be in a position to escape.  He knows from personal experience the marine is good in a fight and decides to use him.

QuoteAfter he's ripped the marines head off.

He may still try to do that after he's decided he doesn't need him any more.

SM

SM

QuoteThe predator knows the marine is damn good at what he does.

So was Dutch - doesn't mean the Predator was about to let him live, nevermind team up with him.

QuoteThese aliens are hard to kill.

They're still going down under pulse rifle and Predator gun fire - no matter how hard to kill they are.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But there was no reason for Anytime to keep Dutch alive. It's a different scenario.

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: SM on Jan 06, 2014, 10:06:55 PM
QuoteThe predator knows the marine is damn good at what he does.
So was Dutch

Exactly. He didn't even have to aim his gun and he still hit all those bad guys!  :D

enypsrozar

enypsrozar

didn't find avp tedious at all xenomorph36. I have both avp and avp:r, I only re-watched avp:r once. I like the background more I guess, along with the acting and storyline. I think the plot got a bit human-oriented with the second movie.

Russ

Russ

I loved AvP. Not so keen on AvP:R, but I'm cued up for a rewatch on that -- its been ages since I've seen it.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Fun fact. Doug Walker the Nostalgia Critic enjoyed Alien vs Predator.  :laugh:

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 06, 2014, 05:32:18 PM
Fun fact. Doug Walker the Nostalgia Critic enjoyed Alien vs Predator.  :laugh:
Another fun fact. Both James Cameron and Joss Whedon said that they liked AVP. Both of them are directors of some of the highest grossing movies ever.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: demonbane on Feb 07, 2014, 11:28:39 PM
Another fun fact. Both James Cameron and Joss Whedon said that they liked AVP. Both of them are directors of some of the highest grossing movies ever.

James Cameron I knew about, he said that after seeing the movie.. Joss Whedon, now I'd like to see where he said that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed