Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,763 times)

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 22, 2008, 11:49:04 AM
Quote from: wolfboy22 on May 22, 2008, 01:42:13 AM
Quote from: Chris P on May 22, 2008, 12:06:07 AM
Quote from: wolfboy22 on May 17, 2008, 09:27:26 PM
Ive always been a much bigger fan of the predator, they're so strong and fast.

FAST??!?!??  What?  Aliens are just as strong.  Predators are NOT fast!  They are big and bulky, heavy and carry so much crap that they rarely use!  They would pass out if they had to run 5K.  I don't say you're wrong, but they are NOT as fast as you say they are.  Sorry.  Aliens 1, Preds 0. ;D

I guess you havent seen P1, P2, AVP and AVPR huh. Aliens maybe faster than predators but that doesnt mean there slow.

Predators are slow compaired to Aliens so isn't that all that matters here? We aren't talking about how fast a Pred is compaired to a human.

Yes, thank you for that.  Aliens are way faster than Preds, one, they're lighter, two, they are more Airodynamic.  Preds are all muscle, so they would have trouble running a dash and winning compared to an Alien.  Compared to a human, there is no competition.

Chris P

Chris P

FAST??!?!??  What?  Aliens are just as strong.  Predators are NOT fast!  They are big and bulky, heavy and carry so much crap that they rarely use!  They would pass out if they had to run 5K.  I don't say you're wrong, but they are NOT as fast as you say they are.  Sorry.  Aliens 1, Preds 0. ;D

I guess you havent seen P1, P2, AVP and AVPR huh. Aliens maybe faster than predators but that doesnt mean there slow.

Isn't that what we are comparing??? 8)  Aliens to Preds.

knoxjr

knoxjr

Aliens maybe faster then Preds but the Preds got some SWEET tech to help them own the Aliens.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Chris P on May 22, 2008, 02:31:28 PM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 22, 2008, 11:49:04 AM

Predators are slow compaired to Aliens so isn't that all that matters here? We aren't talking about how fast a Pred is compaired to a human.

Yes, thank you for that.  Aliens are way faster than Preds, one, they're lighter, two, they are more Airodynamic.  Preds are all muscle, so they would have trouble running a dash and winning compared to an Alien.  Compared to a human, there is no competition.

Didn't you see Anytime bouncing around like a monkey from tree to tree in Predator? Or Wolf jumping around the power plant in AvP:R?

Chris P

Chris P

@Doomrulz,

Yes, I saw them junp like monkeys.  Did you see Celtic, trying to get up to speed in AVP?  Aliens are still way faster than Preds, and way stealthier.  I'm not saying Predator is slow, i'm just saying they are'nt as fast as Aliens.  Even the Queen is faster.  AVP:  Did you see her booken it throught he Pyramid?  FAST!  For her size. 8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's b/c those Predators we're beefed up, Ian Whyte could barely move. Don't compare them to Aliens.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2008, 08:37:03 PM
That's b/c those Predators we're beefed up, Ian Whyte could barely move. Don't compare them to Aliens.

Why not? Sorry to say but the Pred portrayal in AvP is fair game in this discussion. The Preds in that movie were pretty dang slow. So knowing that there are some Preds at least that are bulky and slow just lends more credence to believe that Aliens are much faster. Aliens are also better in cramped spaces and I dare say just as good at sneaking up on people as Preds and they don't have cloak.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm saying it's not a fair comparison b/c those Predators were poorly designed.

If we were discussing the anture of the Aliens' behaviour, what are you going to use as a yardstick, Cameron/Scott Alien or BS Aliens?

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

Predators are not slow, AVP made them look slow but P1, P2 and AVPR gives a good perspective on how fast they really are. Aliens are fast ill admit that but preds are fast too.

DiabloGuapo

DiabloGuapo

Not as fast as the Flash ;D. I like them both, but I was raised on the Alien films. They both have incredible strength and speed. We've seen them both bash metal and concrete and run above human speeds(the Aliens more so than Predators). However, I like that the Aliens' weapons are natural and I like the concept that they are hive animals that can spread like a plague that is nigh-impossible to stop.

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

ok dude that is your opinion and I respect it but dont call preds slow ok.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: wolfboy22 on May 23, 2008, 01:43:13 AM
Predators are not slow, AVP made them look slow but P1, P2 and AVPR gives a good perspective on how fast they really are. Aliens are fast ill admit that but preds are fast too.

The only time when Wolf showed any type of speed was when he was jumping up the power station and that was vertical speed. When he ran away from the ship explosion he wasn't going that fast. Look, no one is disputing that Preds are fast here. We've said it a thousand times they are fast, faster than humans. But when you look at all of the movies they aren't nearly as fast as Aliens. Aliens can move like a biped and quadraped and quadrapeds are usually much more speedy than bipeds.

I'm a big fan of both the Alien and Predator. But the more times I watch both I realize that the Alien is much more interesting, the depth and complexity and brilliance of the alien and its life cycle has nothing of equal comparison in the Predator series. If you like all of that Pred gadgetry fine. It is really awesome. But it doesn't make him unique. There are loads of alien creatures similar to Preds in many Sci-Fi series. The Pred cloak is really cool, but you look at the Alien and it doesn't have to rely on a cloak to sneak up and kill people and it has been shown to be just as efficient. Strip away all the Preds weapons and gadgets and all they are is a big strong humanoid. Aliens on the other hand are big, strong, fast, and have a number of ways to kill you using various body parts, not to mention having pressured acid for blood something that AvPR completely ignored when Wolf fought the Aliens.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteThe only time when Wolf showed any type of speed was when he was jumping up the power station and that was vertical speed.

well what about when he chases down that copper that was hiding behind the bush, he cut him off pretty damn fast if you ask me...

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 03:33:59 AM
QuoteThe only time when Wolf showed any type of speed was when he was jumping up the power station and that was vertical speed.

well what about when he chases down that copper that was hiding behind the bush, he cut him off pretty damn fast if you ask me...

Yeah that was pretty quick, shame you don't see him running though, so you can't say he ran that fast. He could have jumped through the trees like he did at the power station. He seems to have an awesome vert.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 24, 2008, 05:18:26 AM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 03:33:59 AM

Yeah that was pretty quick, shame you don't see him running though, so you can't say he ran that fast. He could have jumped through the trees like he did at the power station. He seems to have an awesome vert.

true you dont see it, but what you show off-screen is as important as you show on-screen, i never really remember seeing an alien run flat out without the help of digital effects

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed