Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,495 times)

Sol

Sol

The Requiem Aliens had neck cancer.

HF

HF

The Alien for me.

I'm fascinated by the alien, a simple yet very complex creature. 6 movies and we know so little about it. Still today, all we can do is speculate and theorize about the creature's many mysteries and secrets. The more I learn about the creature, the more I'm fascinated by it. Everything about it is original and unexpected.

The Predator is not that interesting to me. We don't know that much about it, but the more I learn about them, the less I'm interested in the Predators. Sure they're very cool looking, the technology and overall creature design looks great, but I don't like how "Klingon" the Predators became. The jungle setting of the first movie was perfect to show how feral the Predators were. But as the settings changed, so did the Predators, and they lost that side I really liked about them.

rycher

rycher

They're not "better" than eachother because they are 2 totally different creatures.  But ya im an ALien fan.

Nychus

Nychus

In case I haven't already stated it here:

Alien. It makes sense biologically and the typical "human" shape they have can be explained by the host characteristic. So they're humanoid yet not really too human. That's my biggest problem with the Predator, I think that, while their design is perfectly executed, they're just not extra terrestrial enough. So they become nothing more than "body builders with helmets, dreadlocks and cool gadgetry". So, while it doesn't kill their charm, it does make them seem much more inplausible when compared to the Xenomorph creature. So, unless there are some kind of reptilian apes elsewhere in the universe that the Predators could evolve from, the Alien wins the round in terms of realistic appeal.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I for one would be interested in learning or at least getting some hints about where the Predator originated from. It may not be a spectacular one like they're bio-engineered weapons, but still.

Chris P

Chris P

Goodness everybody!  There is NO debate here!  Aliens are obviously way better.  Take these into consideration:

- Aliens are born ready to kill
- They grow up quickly, allowing more to become mature and ready to kill fastrer than the Preds
- Aliens don't need "weapons" to kick ass.
- Aliens are "strategically intellegant".  (who ever says they aren't smart are on something, look at ALIENS{the movie})
- Aliens fight like men, not cowardly sissies who need weapons for protection.
- If you can't defend yourself with your own two hands you're screwed in the end. (AVPR doesn't count,  It was way too cheesy with how the Pred could hold his own against multiple Aliens)
- Aliens are more original
- Cool lifecycle
- Variety:  (Alien....Facehugger, chestburster, runner, drone, warrior, preatorian, ravager, predalien, QUEEN!)
- Preds all look the same.  (LAME)!!!!!

I respect everyone's desicions, but there really is no debate here. 8)

avprgeeser

avprgeeser

;)i reckon they are both as cool as each other :).

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

Ive always been a much bigger fan of the predator, they're so strong and fast.

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

c'mon, do I really have to choose?

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: CP on May 17, 2008, 06:15:57 PM
Goodness everybody!  There is NO debate here!  Aliens are obviously way better.  Take these into consideration:

- Aliens are born ready to kill (No, chestbursters are weak)
- Aliens don't need "weapons" to kick ass. (Their tails and inner jaw are still 'weapons')
- Aliens are "strategically intelligent".  (who ever says they aren't smart are on something, look at ALIENS{the movie}) (but not as intelligent as predators)
- Aliens fight like men, not cowardly sissies who need weapons for protection. (Men use weapons)
- If you can't defend yourself with your own two hands you're screwed in the end. (AVPR doesn't count,  It was way too cheesy with how the Pred could hold his own against multiple Aliens) (You can't omit a movie because you didn't like how much the predator kicked ass)
- Aliens are more original (Arguable)
- Preds all look the same.  (LAME)!!!!! (And xenomorphs don't? Please tell me why grid needed to have a unique damage scar on his head so we knew who he was)

But personally, I just like both. I come to defend predators side more though because they can't get the time of day.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: wolfboy22 on May 17, 2008, 09:27:26 PM

FAST??!?!??  What?  Aliens are just as strong.  Predators are NOT fast!  They are big and bulky, heavy and carry so much crap that they rarely use!  They would pass out if they had to run 5K.  I don't say you're wrong, but they are NOT as fast as you say they are.  Sorry.  Aliens 1, Preds 0. ;D

Demosthenes

Demosthenes

Quote from: Chris P on May 22, 2008, 12:06:07 AM

FAST??!?!??  What?  Aliens are just as strong.  Predators are NOT fast!  They are big and bulky, heavy and carry so much crap that they rarely use!  They would pass out if they had to run 5K.  I don't say you're wrong, but they are NOT as fast as you say they are.  Sorry.  Aliens 1, Preds 0. ;D

Which cant actually be proven, sure I would love to say Aliens are fast, but preds are really all muscle. Unequiped pred racing a drone, who knows.

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

I guess you havent seen P1, P2, AVP and AVPR huh. Aliens maybe faster than predators but that doesnt mean there slow.

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

an their incredibly fraking agile, one thing that I liked on AVPR was when wolf was hoping 10 feets on one jump constantly at thye power plant.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: wolfboy22 on May 22, 2008, 01:42:13 AM

I guess you havent seen P1, P2, AVP and AVPR huh. Aliens maybe faster than predators but that doesnt mean there slow.

Predators are slow compaired to Aliens so isn't that all that matters here? We aren't talking about how fast a Pred is compaired to a human.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed