654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,645 times)

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: samoht on Mar 12, 2011, 10:31:12 AM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 12, 2011, 06:52:03 AM
The movie was full of suspense and Ripley at the time was one of my favourites. Well, all in my opinion.

Oops I broke it...

Quite...

Sharp Sticks

samoht

samoht

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 12, 2011, 10:14:10 PM
Quote from: samoht on Mar 12, 2011, 10:31:12 AM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 12, 2011, 06:52:03 AM
The movie was full of suspense and Ripley at the time was one of my favourites. Well, all in my opinion.

Oops I broke it...

Quite...

lol wut?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

There are things so genius about Alien that if brought to light would make someone feel like ripping out their intestines with a duck for dissing it.

But I'm not that mean...yet. (Grinds teeth)

Original Predator

I don't want this to be a pissing match about which is better.  I just want to know why you like one better than the other.  By the way they are both awesome monster in their own way.

I'll start.

I'm a Pred guy.

I like humanoid-like monsters overall.  "Creature's" second which is what I would personally classify the Alien. 

Predator has behaviors that I find interesting and scary.  His size and thought process on screen are more tangible to me. I can "picture" it better to think of if I actually saw a Pred I feel I have a grasp of him better overall and my imagination is more apt to it.

I love his technology, I love his "stalking" tactics. I love the noises and sounds that come from his kind (great job by McTerian and his staff with the "noises"), his "look" I think is classic, scary, intimindating etc... All the things that trip my personal imagination.

The Pred movies to me are more about being scared and hunted by the Pred.  You feel more helpless against them, which is cool.

The Alien movies which I love (1, 3- great 3,4- cool) are more about you hunting the creature, seeking it out after you discover it (especially 2-4), is how I feel about them.

I love that the Pred is mysterious and nobody really wants to "know" more about it, merely survive it's wrath, where the Aliens were actually sought to be captured and studied.

Two different "feels" to each monster. 

Both awesome.

But I like Pred the best.

Bloodee Jacob

We have tons of similar threads like this already right? I'll play along though because I don't mind answering them a lot. First off I don't consider either of them "monsters" because they are both an alien species. My likeness for Xenomorphs has grown a lot recently (after viewing the entire series) and they are a lot closer level right now then they were say a few months ago. I still prefer Yautja though. Maybe it's like 65 or maybe 70% Yautja and then 35 or 30% Xenos. I just find more fascination or likeness for the Yautja race because that they are a much more organized race you could say or in other words less savage. For example an Alien's instinct is to harvest, build a hive, and kill any intruder on their territory and always try expanding that territory of course. Where as the Yautjas can be very savage indeed but they actually have more boundaries to it most of the time. Basically Yautjas just seem more interesting and appealing. They are very intelligent, strong, fast, and agile. IMO there is just more to the race overall.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I love both creatures equally.  :) I can't choose one over the other.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 17, 2011, 09:15:34 PM
Words of wisdom PBA. Words of wisdom.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: TheMonolith on Mar 18, 2011, 04:44:19 AM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 17, 2011, 09:15:34 PM
Words of wisdom PBA. Words of wisdom.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Jack Nicholson as Deadpool

Make it happen, Alternate Universe were Jack Nicholson is still young and being considered for the role!

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 18, 2011, 05:20:50 PM
Jack Nicholson as Deadpool

Make it happen, Alternate Universe were Jack Nicholson is still young and being considered for the role!

"Hello, yes, I'd like a time machine please, and a copy of the Deadpool movie script. And get me Jack Nicholson."

CavatinaTheXeno

CavatinaTheXeno

Well it's obvious Aliens. Don't know what started it maybe the designs of them they hunt humans for meat and breeding lol.

One things is sure they look epic. :D

CelticScar

CelticScar

Predators because they have thier honor and religon thing, motivation to be the ultimate killers. While the Aliens are just like mad dogs, running around with no purpose. Predators are hunters, Aliens are just prey.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: CelticScar on Mar 22, 2011, 08:26:59 PM
Predators because they have thier honor and religon thing, motivation to be the ultimate killers. While the Aliens are just like mad dogs, running around with no purpose. Predators are hunters, Aliens are just prey.

Wut.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: CelticScar on Mar 22, 2011, 08:26:59 PM

:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed