660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,068 times)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Sure, ideally. But most fisherman aren't well-versed in wrestling sharks, and big game hunters don't plan to enter hand-to-hand combat with leopards.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's because when you fish for sharks (some do), you're probably not using a simple fishing rod, nor are you alone. Same story with big game hunters. I don't know particulars but I would imagine if they're smart, they'll use a sniper rifle.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Or a high-tech energy gun. Anytime only picked a hand-to-hand fight with Dutch because at that point, in his eyes, Arnold was a crippled, shaved monkey with delusions of grandeur. He was just screwing around and tenderizing his hide. Doesn't mean he has any real fighting skill.

samoht

samoht

ALIENS.
Forever and always.

I like them because they appeal to me more. They are a lot more disturbing and more interesting than predators in both their aesthetic and there behaviour.

There is a lot of mystery which surrounds them which intrigues me.

I also feel that they have lots of potential surrounding them in terms of story's and fan art. Which, unfortunately has been abused by noob directors, ADI and various other parties.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 12, 2011, 01:27:02 AM
Being a hunter doesn't mean you don't know how to fight.
And it doesn't mean you do -- although for some reason Predator fans have always had this image of Predators as insanely skilled hand-to-hand combatants, when none of the movies show this.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No argument there.

I guess it's just because it seems to suit the idea of the Predator as the ultimate hunter.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: SiL on Mar 12, 2011, 03:00:51 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 12, 2011, 01:27:02 AM
Being a hunter doesn't mean you don't know how to fight.
And it doesn't mean you do -- although for some reason Predator fans have always had this image of Predators as insanely skilled hand-to-hand combatants, when none of the movies show this.

Agreed.

I think people somehow interpret them as elite warriors of the universe other than Hunters. I blame Comic books and AvP 1.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

True, i really couldn't careless if they could fly.

The better alien in my book is well the xenomorph.

Always will be.

Better movies too.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Only enjoyed Aliens, I got to say, I personally think ALien, Alien3 and Alien Ressurection are kinda poor compared to the Predator movies.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 12, 2011, 06:24:59 AM
Only enjoyed Alien and Aliens, I got to say, I personally think Alien3 and Alien Ressurection are kinda poor compared to the Predator movies.

Fixed.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: samoht on Mar 12, 2011, 06:44:33 AM
Only enjoyed Alien and Aliens, I got to say, I personally think Alien3 and Alien Ressurection are kinda poor compared to the Predator movies.

Fixed.

All this appears to be in order.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Mar 12, 2011, 06:48:35 AM
Quote from: samoht on Mar 12, 2011, 06:44:33 AM

Fixed.

All this appears to be in order.

Yes. Very much so.

Glad the issue was corrected.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

I'm pretty sure the space trucking hillbillies never excited. The movie was boring and Ripley at the time was one of my least favourites. Well, all in my opinion.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 12, 2011, 06:52:03 AM
The movie was full of suspense and Ripley at the time was one of my favourites. Well, all in my opinion.

Fixed again.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: samoht on Mar 12, 2011, 10:31:12 AM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 12, 2011, 06:52:03 AM
The movie was boring and Ripley at the time was one of my least favourites.
Fixed again.
Quite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed