660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 473,196 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The thing is, there's little that's 'worthy' about killing someone so much weaker than you anyway. Dutch was just being toyed with.

In the case of AvP material you have a point, as Aliens are foes that can match a Predator, but Dutch was so much weaker and slower than the Predator. The only reason he survived was because Anytime was playing with him and wasn't really serious about killing him.

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 28, 2009, 01:09:43 AM
The thing is, there's little that's 'worthy' about killing someone so much weaker than you anyway. Dutch was just being toyed with.

In the case of AvP material you have a point, as Aliens are foes that can match a Predator, but Dutch was so much weaker and slower than the Predator. The only reason he survived was because Anytime was playing with him and wasn't really serious about killing him.
he just got lucky. i think the pred just really wonted to drag it out because he broke his stuff, and wanted him to suffer. i'm only half serious about that last part. but just smacking him around doesn't seem like he considered him a wearthy adversary. if e did he would have tried a lot harder to kill him faster.

oh despite what this post says i am pro pred on this topic. i just had to bring up my opinion on this.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Dutch was weaker, but he led the Predator along. He managed to damage Anytime's equipment and for a time, he evaded Anytime rather nicely.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Certainly. That doesn't change Anytime's perspective on the matter, though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sure it does. If you consider yourself the Ultimate Hunter yet face a prey that manages to give you a run for your money, you'll take it more seriously to the point where you consider it worthy.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Still just a play thing, though. Not a worthy opponent.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I think from the hunter's perspective Dutch was worth killing. The pred didn't see any of the humans equal to himself, but in human category Dutch was a uniqe warrior. And during this hunt (which was for humans) the 'dangerous' part was when they had their weapons with which they could harm the hunter. In the end the pred (nevertheless Dutch was squarely a formidable foe without firearms) thought he won, and just as you said, he met his end because of this. But I think it doesn't make Dutch worthless to kill, so the pred really wanted to kill him. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is hard to tell if there's a point here. It's about the concept of hunting, and if it holds a meaning (And ss it was mentioned before, their way of thinking is much more different than ours).

A55tricky

A55tricky

i feel bad that these topics exist. i mean before aliens and predators where brought together everyone was just a fan of aliens and predators. different movies and ideas that made them great. now that it's aliens vs predator everyone feels the need to choose. i love them both but i found myself choosing pred and bad mouthing aliens in a way. i looked back at that and feels like i had was part of some kind of skinhead brain washing. i don't hate aliens but my post made it seem like i did. even my last post i had to point out i was for preds when we where just talking about the the dutch vs anytime fight. i'm sorry for that alien fans.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I remember that I used to feel a lot of hostility towards Preds because of how bad the vehement fanboyism for them was on Planet AvP.

keylight-di

keylight-di

The first - Dutch wasn't toyed. He was found as an equal opponent, who proved in a previous fight his value. It was not fun, even though we've seen. If he wasn't equal, there weren't any duel. Dutch challenged Anytime, Anytime accepted the challenge. It wasn't hunting, it was duel. And it was very seriously. True hand-to-hand combat.

The second - if hunting is them life, them philosophy, it's nothing strange, that they looks for the most worthy and most hard-to-kill opponent.
If the opponent is stronger,  the thrill of the hunt is the bigger and  the honor to win the trophy  is more magnificently. It is simple, even according to human rules.

The third - as a hardcore fan both species, I have the smallest comfort in discussion.
I can understand both kind of fan, but both kind of fans don't understand me.
Funny, I think. We - here - in AvP community - should be like friends, not rivals. I suppose, that every fan should understand this fascination, love and obsession, even if it doesn't concerns his/her beloved species. We are like rejected lovers with a broken heart.
So let's there be peace and understanding. Even if someone is non-canon fan, with head full of books and comics.
(I hate this time difference, which precludes me the most interesting moments of the discussion  ;)).

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 28, 2009, 09:43:39 AM
The first - Dutch wasn't toyed. He was found as an equal opponent, who proved in a previous fight his value. It was not fun, even though we've seen. If he wasn't equal, there weren't any duel. Dutch challenged Anytime, Anytime accepted the challenge. It wasn't hunting, it was duel. And it was very seriously. True hand-to-hand combat.

You really think that Dutch was a equal opponent to the Predator? Man... Dutch didn't have any change againt the predator in a hand-to-hand combat and the predator knew that. Dutch was like his personal bitch at that time, he was beating the crap of him just because he is a sadistic bastard thats all, and he was enjoying every second, didn't you hear the way he screamed? He seemed pretty happy to me and you can notice that he was having a great time.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Dark Pred on Dec 28, 2009, 02:38:30 PM

You really think that Dutch was a equal opponent to the Predator? Man... Dutch didn't have any change againt the predator in a hand-to-hand combat and the predator knew that. Dutch was like his personal bitch at that time, he was beating the crap of him just because he is a sadistic bastard thats all, and he was enjoying every second, didn't you hear the way he screamed? He seemed pretty happy to me and you can notice that he was having a great time.
Yes, I do.
And I'm right. Or don't you remember, who won this duel? ;)
Maybe Anytime had his great time, but not with this reason you talk about. ;)
Dutch had his chanse and he used it.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 28, 2009, 02:51:57 PM

Yes, I do.
And I'm right. Or don't you remember, who won this duel? ;)
Maybe Anytime had his great time, but not with this reason you talk about. ;)
Dutch had his chanse and he used it.

Dude, you really have a f**ked up view of how preds are but I can deal with it.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

on the pred topic.

I think anytime did a good job of ticking off Dutch by killing his team. Dutch was forced to act creative because he hardly had any weapons left and he had to use the enviroment to kill the predator like it was it to hide in but any was until the end of it. Anytime had his fun and Dutch won by out smarting a superior life form. also dutch got lucky that anytime wanted more fun or else he would of died having his head pinned to the log. ;D

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 28, 2009, 09:43:39 AM

Personally, I think the hunter fought with Dutch as someone who is the most capable of beating him from that team. He was the stongest prey he could found, and as Dutch managed to make him bleed, the pred was very impressed with him. The thrill grew higher, that's why he enjoyed fighting with Dutch (and was screaming). He fought hard, and he wanted Dutch to do so; but not simple sadism, what made him happy.
Nevertheless I think the hunter thought that he would won, and was over-confident (because of which he met his end).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed