Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 14, 2020, 11:34:10 PM

Author
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024) (Read 33,622 times)

Local Trouble

Any sightings of Bruce Spence?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 25, 2024, 07:17:12 AMAny sightings of Bruce Spence?

Alas, no Bruce Spence again. We do have a pretty sick aerial attack in this one though, so his spirit is kept alive.

Local Trouble

Nightmare Asylum

The Cruentus

What is the rating on this movie anyway? Because Fury road was quite mild to say the least.

Nightmare Asylum

In the US, an R. Same as Fury Road.

The Cruentus

I actually found Fury road fairly tame compared to the previous ones, didn't realise that one was R.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Local Trouble

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm not sure I'd agree about the "less famous actors" comment that's comparing it to Solo there – I'd argue that Anya Taylor-Joy is a pretty major star with incredible screen presence in her own right – and I don't know if it being a prequel specifically is really relevant in any way, but yeah, I think the comment about audience interest in this franchise in general outside of specific online bubbles being comparable to that of the similarly financially middling Blade Runner 2049 is probably pretty on the nose. Mad Max: Fury Road wasn't all that big a box office hit, either. That one didn't even open in first place.

Doesn't really effect me at the end of the day, though. I'm very happy with the movie we got, saw it twice already and I am very satisfied with the film. Of course I hope it does well enough that Miller is able to make The Wasteland as well, but if we don't get that one, at least Furiosa isn't clamoring for a direct followup of any kind. It's a very complete package, taken in tandem with Fury Road.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Fury Road wasn't a massive hit, either. It got trampled at the box office by one of the Pitch Perfect movies.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler

Incredible. The above shot shown in the spoiler tagged storyboards might just be my favorite shot in the movie.

It's so insane that we aren't getting an art/making of book for this one.

EDIT: Another storyboard, this one from a key moment near the end of the film:

Spoiler

426Buddy

426Buddy

I dont really go to the theater but I think this looks pretty great. And thats coming from someone who thought Fury Road was just ok.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I absolutely refuse to go to the theaters nowadays but this movie is tempting and I've heard it's really good. I just don't want to hire a babysitter. Or drive to the next town. But it also boggles my mind that Garfield is doing better financially?

Local Trouble

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on May 28, 2024, 12:30:28 AMI absolutely refuse to go to the theaters nowadays but this movie is tempting and I've heard it's really good.

Didn't you see Dial of Destiny in the theater?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed