[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 03:26:28 PM

Author
[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film! (Read 40,754 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

True. Life could probably exist and even thrive on planets with gravity significantly different from Earth's, but it would suck for us.  LV-426, despite its size, has a surface gravity that's pretty damn close to ours.  Definitely better than the moon, Mars or Titan.

GrimmVision

Right, at least two of the planetoids I mentioned need to be terraformed to get to a point where the air is breathable. But they can still get to a point, with human intervention, where life can eventually be stable. Also, in addition, all of them have seemingly perfect gravity for humans, without human intervation, which makes me believe that in the Alien Universe, it is more than common to find planets and moons with the capacity for life. And with FTL travel within this universe, those planets and moons that can bear life may as well be as close to us as Mars or Jupiter are to us now with our currents space travel capabilities.

Which is why I'm saying I don't believe it to be chance that WY decided on LV-426 to be the site of Hadley's Hope. You guys really don't think there's more insidious intentions behind such a decision? Especially when LV-223 is right next door?

Also, the Engineers couldn't survive on LV-223 without suits, which is why their pyramids acted as terraforming stations with breathable air cleaner than Earth's. Humans and Engineers can breathe 223's atmosphere for at least a couple minutes before succumbing to carbon dioxide poisoning, as mentioned in Prometheus.

Local Trouble

Why would the company establish a colony on LV-426 and leave the derelict alone for over 20 years?

SiL

LV-223 being next door isn't in the movies.

Hadley's Hope isn't set up as any sort research station. If WY had plans for the Aliens, Burke never would have been able to do what he did.

It was a moon with sufficient gravity and atmosphere to be terraformed into something useful. It was off the beaten track so may have just been intended to help expand interstellar flight plans, nothing more.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Calling a habitable exoplanet "something useful" is a major understatement, even if it offers nothing else of value (e.g. minerals, acid-bleeding rape monsters, etc.).

That's why I raise my eyebrow whenever anyone asks why a colony was put on LV-426.

SiL

I'm talking in sci fi movie terms, gimme a break!

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Do we know if Hadley's Hope was self-sustaining in terms of food and supplies? Would they need supply drops every so often to keep them afloat, maybe made by WY? Who's to say that WY wasn't visiting the Derelict within those 50 years of supply drops after Hadley's Hope was established? Fiorina 161 had supply ships visiting it every so often. Maybe Burke screwed things up for WY by intervening after hearing Ripley's story and sending the colonists to the Derelict, way out past where they would normally ever explore.

And yes, it's not established in Prometheus that LV-223 is right next door but it was meant to be. There is a possibility for that to be nullified in further installments.

Local Trouble

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 24, 2024, 01:25:10 PMWho's to say that WY wasn't visiting the Derelict within those 50 years of supply drops after Hadley's Hope was established?

Then what was the nefarious purpose of the colony in this scenario?

SiL

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 24, 2024, 01:25:10 PMWho's to say that WY wasn't visiting the Derelict within those 50 years of supply drops after Hadley's Hope was established?
The movie, wherein a random corporate lackey is able to undo the entire operation by sending the colonists out to those coordinates to investigate and the company does nothing to intervene.

If WY knew about the derelict and was actively exploiting it, the movie wouldn't happen.

Local Trouble

And the Jordens would have been more likely to find something like this:

GrimmVision

The same reason WY themselves didn't go out to inspect the original transmission but clearly knew of it in Alien.

Hadley's Hope did have science labs outfitted with research stations and holding containers just large enough for Faceguggers! Just sayin' ;D

Kane's other son

Aliens only works if the ones responsible for the Nostromo incident buried the story and no one knew what was on LV-426 during the following 57 years.
It makes zero sense for the company to know about the derelict all those decades and wait for Ripley to resurface before sending some dumbass, unprepared prospectors to check it out.

The Cruentus

They did not know of the Alien, they just knew something was there on lv-426 and wanted it investigated. If they actually knew the Alien was there, they would send a team like they did in Alien 3

Kane's other son

The implication being that Burke acted on his own, being a slimy weasel of a yuppie, and W-Y central only mobilised later on, sending their team to Fury 161.
In any case, it's pretty clear that no one knew there was something on LV-426 before Ripley came back with her story of a monster with acid for blood.

GrimmVision

I don't know. I've just never bought that WY didn't know what they were doing by building Hadley's Hope on LV-426.

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 24, 2024, 02:21:40 PMThey did not know of the Alien, they just knew something was there on lv-426 and wanted it investigated. If they actually knew the Alien was there, they would send a team like they did in Alien 3

Okay, but you still subscribe to the theory that WY built Hadley's Hope on LV-426 with ulterior motives! :laugh:

We can accept that the very ship where all of this started is just a bit of a jaunt out of the way from where Hadley's Hope happened to be built, but there are those folks who've brought up WY finding
Spoiler
Big Chap's body in space
[close]
in Romulus is a bit much for them to wrap their heads around. I suppose we could all suspend our belief a bit more  ;)

Getting back to Romulus, if there is no Queen stated or shown to be on board the Renaissance, can it be inferred that the multitude of Facehuggers are a product of Eggmorphing? Even though she was never seen, Creative Assembly explicitly stated there was a Queen somewhere on Sevastopol.

If
Spoiler
Big Chap's black goo
[close]
were the reasoning for Aliens on the station, then I assume it'd skip the Egg/Facehugger stage altogether, being born of humans more like a Neomorph with direct infection.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed