Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 8,592 times)

Kane's other son

Quote from: Highland on May 23, 2024, 02:35:54 AMStills are always crap though. Dunno why they don't just show us something slightly different. All the Aliens/Alien fans are on board anyway. Kind of going for the remember this angle a lot, when quite literally nobody forgot  :laugh:

Because the marketing is not geared towards Alien(s) fans but towards the general audience, and they are telling the general audience that this is like the movies they already love.

Jaws the Revenge

Jaws the Revenge

Well Said Kanes Son. It suddenly dawned on me after being concerned about a couple  of the Production Stills. That they are really for us fans. We are a given demographic who will pay to see this on the first day. Its the masses who need their neurones fired with memberries.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Kane's other son on May 23, 2024, 09:58:24 AM
Quote from: Highland on May 23, 2024, 02:35:54 AMStills are always crap though. Dunno why they don't just show us something slightly different. All the Aliens/Alien fans are on board anyway. Kind of going for the remember this angle a lot, when quite literally nobody forgot  :laugh:

Because the marketing is not geared towards Alien(s) fans but towards the general audience, and they are telling the general audience that this is like the movies they already love.

I totally get it. I think they should play on the horror aspect a bit more ( like the teaser) since that imo is really what's going to drag in the extras.

I actually like the tone of the teaser a lot. I'm just not sold (yet) on the visuals. Still looking forward to it a though.

The Cruentus

Problem with trying to reach wider audiences is one may get results like AVP. These movie monsters come from r-rated movies, take that away and you dilute it.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm pretty sure we won't have that problem here.

The Cruentus

True, saw plenty of blood in that stasis pod.

aliens13

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 23, 2024, 03:05:56 PMTrue, saw plenty of blood in that stasis pod.
We saw more blood in the Romulus trailer than in the whole AVP movie 😆😂

The Cruentus

Certainly true for the pg version  :laugh:

And probably more than in the unrated version since technically the blood was cgi.  ;D

GrimmVision

Yeah, the colors and shadows in the teaser look magnificent and are definitely much more in line with the feel of the first two films as well as Isolation.

Even going back to look at production stills for Prometheus and Covenant, they feel different to what we got on screen. The stills were brighter, less doom and gloom vs. the edited, finalized films.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

yeah... make 🥚morphing great again

🥲👍

solace97

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: solace97 on May 23, 2024, 05:04:14 PMMEGA

Finally, politics I can get behind! 🤣 *starts designing the hat*

Immortan Jonesy

I say it's an interesting twist...and a satisfying end to the character arc🙈

Scott Conover

I think most of you guys missed it, but the hive in the corner is likely a reference to the alien creatures from Aliens. Pretty cool easter egg they snuck in for the fans.

SiL

Like, Aliens Aliens? Man that's rad, I love that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed