Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 879,482 times)

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2024, 11:28:12 PMI have never seen Thelma and Louise.
It's literally his third best movie, after G.I. Jane and Hannibal.
His best movie as I'm sure everyone would agree is Black Hawk Down. He just makes awesome films. War films, historical films, biopics etc.
would be good if he made a space movie or two. I know he made that one film about Jason Bourne on Mars but I really want something with monsters in it you know. That would be cool.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Criterion disc's gorgeous.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Stalag 17

An oldie but a goodie.

Been so long I'd forgotten who the stoolie was.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on May 15, 2024, 04:55:26 AMStarted watching Godzilla x Kong but got pulled away with other commitments.

The tone in those first 5 minutes though - oh boy - they've really gone full circle crazy and so far removed from the serious tone of 2014 Godzilla.

Spoiler
Kong having a shower???
[close]

Finished this and holy cow, what a piece of crap - they've taken up the campy aspect to an 11 in this one. Wingard's direction is purely comical and the soundtrack choices at time clearly trying to capture the whole Thor & GOTG vibe yet seeming so out of place. The CGI whilst spectacular makes the titans seem so comical in movement giving zero sense of their size.

@Local Trouble see. There you go. Frame this one.

Darkness

Darkness

Godzilla Minus One
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

I kinda liked Minus One. Thought it was good with what they did with the budget.

New Empire, I guess if you like seeing monsters duking out for 2 hours, it's okay but there was very little human stuff.

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

2010: The Year We Make Contact. Really good sequel to the landmark original 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Frankenhooker

Uhhhh....

Prez

Prez

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Prez on May 20, 2024, 03:54:22 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 20, 2024, 01:16:52 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk0UZYk4pj8

Filmed about 30 mins from where I live in Adelaide.

Did you see the film? I had a hard time interpreting, maybe I'll see it again on another day. The ending reminded me a little of this scene from Annihilation ???

Spoiler
[close]

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 20, 2024, 04:10:34 AM
Quote from: Prez on May 20, 2024, 03:54:22 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 20, 2024, 01:16:52 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk0UZYk4pj8

Filmed about 30 mins from where I live in Adelaide.

Did you see the film? I had a hard time interpreting, maybe I'll see it again on another day. The ending reminded me a little of this scene from Annihilation ???

Spoiler
[close]

Yet to see it actually but I want to.

SiL

SiL

Chebi: My Furry Friend (Чебурашка) 2023

An abomination if you're familiar with the character and his history, but a pleasant family film if you can judge it on its own merits.

Prez

Prez

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Not a patch on the original trilogy but for me and the family, still a very flawed, somewhat enjoyable sendoff for Indy. Some nice little nods to the older films. That said it was a bit sad seeing ol Harrison hobbling around. I thought Waller-Bridge's character was fine.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: Prez on May 20, 2024, 08:35:15 PMIndiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Not a patch on the original trilogy but for me and the family, still a very flawed, somewhat enjoyable sendoff for Indy. Some nice little nods to the older films. That said it was a bit sad seeing ol Harrison hobbling around. I thought Waller-Bridge's character was fine.

I watched it yesterday too. :D
Clearly not as good as the trilogy but here too I have to say, not as bad as most people think.

Waller is a bit overstrong here, and the fact that

Spoiler
she would even let Indi die at the beginning because she tricked him while fleeing the killers and left him behind doesn't fit at all with the rest of the film.
[close]
Indi sometimes seems almost awkward against her. But he's just gotten old and that's how it's communicated in the film. therefore it fits.

The ending is a bit over the top but that also fits into the Indiana Jones universe.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Neila on May 21, 2024, 06:45:35 AM
Quote from: Prez on May 20, 2024, 08:35:15 PMIndiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I watched it yesterday too. :D
Clearly not as good as the trilogy but here too I have to say, not as bad as most people think.

Waller is a bit overstrong here, and the fact that

Spoiler
she would even let Indi die at the beginning because she tricked him while fleeing the killers and left him behind doesn't fit at all with the rest of the film.
[close]
Indi sometimes seems almost awkward against her. But he's just gotten old and that's how it's communicated in the film. therefore it fits.

The ending is a bit over the top but that also fits into the Indiana Jones universe.

Agreed on that.

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on May 19, 2024, 07:41:43 PM2010: The Year We Make Contact. Really good sequel to the landmark original 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Dare I say I enjoy this more than the original (and I love the original film too). The Leonov is an awesome design and I note that Babylon 5 seem to borrow heavily from it too. When Jupiter's `eye' starts growing is absolutely terrifying and incredible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed