Gladiator II

Started by Ingwar, Nov 01, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Author
Gladiator II (Read 51,886 times)

nanison

nanison

Gladiator 2 love it

Films should go back to numeral sequel titles!

Ingwar

Ingwar

I must say I'm not a big fan of numeral titles. Don't know why. Maybe because it reminds me of those cheap b-class movies.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 07, 2024, 05:07:51 PMI must say I'm not a big fan of numeral titles. Don't know why. Maybe because it reminds me of those cheap b-class movies.

Or Superbowls?

PullthePlug

PullthePlug

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 07, 2024, 04:12:11 PMGrain of salt. As Ingwar said, World of Reel can be questionable...

Might be some footage or even a teaser trailer for attendees, not so sure about a public release.

Quote from: World of ReelThere's buzz of  a possible trailer drop for Ridley Scott's "Gladiator II" this coming week at CinemaCon. That would make a lot of sense given the CBS and Paramount have already installed artwork for the film in Vegas (above). Also, knowing how fast-paced Scott is with post-production work, I wouldn't be surprised if the sequel is already in the can. "Gladiator II" is set for release on November 22, and, yes, it looks like that will be the official title.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/4/7/gladiator-ii-trailer-this-week

Yeh, can't see a trailer happening either. They might do a repeat of Napoleon - no trailer just a clip to get people talking.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I can see getting a teaser trailer released publicly this early if they are really trying to push Gladiator II as a big end of year event movie, like what Dune: Part Two was supposed to be last year and what Avatar: The Way of Water was the year before.

There might be a bit of trepidation surrounding it after Napoleon bombing, but I think this, just by nature of being baked in as a sequel to Gladiator, is going to have a lot more mainstream appeal and interest in it right off the bat once the general public becomes aware that it's coming.

Plus, don't all the kids care about ancient Rome now after some TikTok trend or something?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 08, 2024, 11:59:23 AMI can see getting a teaser trailer released publicly this early if they are really trying to push Gladiator II as a big end of year event movie, like what Dune: Part Two was supposed to be last year and what Avatar: The Way of Water was the year before.

There might be a bit of trepidation surrounding it after Napoleon bombing, but I think this, just by nature of being baked in as a sequel to Gladiator, is going to have a lot more mainstream appeal and interest in it right off the bat once the general public becomes aware that it's coming.

Plus, don't all the kids care about ancient Rome now after some TikTok trend or something?

The "how often do you think about the Roman Empire?" trend? Is that still going?

But yeah, it's one of the most expensive films ever made, so an early start on the markerting campaign might not be unrealistic.

Screenrant is also now pushing the idea of a trailer release this week, although they post a lot of dodgy stuff as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 08, 2024, 01:56:17 PMThe "how often do you think about the Roman Empire?" trend? Is that still going?

Maybe they never stopped thinking about it. The children yearn for ancient Rome.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Caligula did just get a new release.  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Alien: Covenant tie-in confirmed:

Andrea90

Andrea90

Maybe a trailer will be released?  :-X

Ingwar

Ingwar

Ingwar

Ingwar

Eboracum (York)? That would be great ... however we simply don't know :)

If I'm not mistaken the production started in Morocco and then moved to Malta. According to this article additional filming location was also set to take place in United Kingdom, but I'm pretty sure it didn't happen (correct me if I'm wrong). Obviously that wouldn't stop Arthur Max from turning Malta into Northern England :).

https://www.kftv.com/news/2023/06/08/ridley-scotts-gladiator-2-enters-production

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 10, 2024, 10:49:28 AMObviously that wouldn't stop Arthur Max from turning Malta into Northern England :).

They did film Germania in Britannia in the first film after all.

I never heard about any filming anywhere in the UK. Maybe what happened was, the delay the strike caused, made them decide to shoot the Eboracum scenes in Malta rather? Much nicer filming in Malta in mid-winter than filming in Northern England in mid-winter. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed