Started by Ingwar, Nov 01, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Author
Gladiator II (Read 51,873 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

No wonder Pedro Pascal has never been on a set as impressive as this ;D

Wweyland

Wweyland

I've been saying they should franchise the hell of this, with comics, games and Gladiator 3.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Apparently an early footage has blown execs away. Now we know why ;D

But being serious, I don't believe that Scott and studio would have allowed the budget to balloon from 165 to nearly 310 million. Doesn't sound legit.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Paul Mescal for AnOther Magazine:

QuoteAH: And now you're doing your first huge movie.

PM: Gladiator comes across your desk and there's no way you say no to it. But with this scale of film, and to work with Ridley Scott, it's a no-brainer. Up until this point there have been very few larger films that remotely interested me.

AH: But this is Gladiator. This is not your average blockbuster.

PM: It feels really right. And also there's the capacity to learn. It's the first time that I've felt a pressure of, "God, I'm worried about box office receipts." It's a different metric. But Ridley shoots at a very different rhythm – he's quick and it's kinetic and wonderful. He knows exactly what he wants. It honestly reminds me of sport in a way that is really satisfying.

https://www.anothermag.com/design-living/15405/paul-mescal-interview-all-of-us-strangers-andrew-haigh-andrew-scott

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Kind of an odd excuse. Years ago I heard there was some kind of fallout between Zimmer and Scott since they never worked together again. Not sure if there is any truth to that rumour?

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1765397489920684484

Ingwar

Ingwar

To be honest I prefer Williams (Kingdom of Heaven!) :) to deal with the sequel even though I love Zimmer's original score.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Some new footage and pics of the Gladiator II set. I like how they built a statue of someone's foot.

https://twitter.com/OnlyAromat/status/1768193443174461754

You mess with The Senate and People of Rome, you gonna get yer ass kicked.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Russel Crowe says he heard Gladiator II was a "very difficult shoot":

QuoteRussell Crowe says 'difficult' Gladiator 2 shoot could make for 'great film'

Hollywood A-lister Russell Crowe has said he's heard rumours Gladiator 2 was a "difficult shoot " – but said "difficult shoots may make great films".

The sequel starring Paul Mescal is set for release on Thanksgiving later this year.

But asked what starring in a Ridley Scott movie might do for Mescal's career, Russell joked: "Well, it depends on what Ridley Scott movie you're in.

"There's plenty of Ridley Scott movies that have done absolutely nothing for the people.

"He's already finished that film and they're in post-production and from what I've heard he really got on famously (with Ridley Scott).

"I've also heard it was a very difficult shoot, but in a funny way when you're doing something big it quite often is the case you know, and quite often difficult shoots may make great films.

"So I don't know anything about the story. You know, my character, you know, passed away at the end of the first one you may remember. So it really has absolutely nothing to do with me.

But Russell said he's certain Mescal had a "great experience" on set.

"But I'm sure that he's had a great experience. I remember, you know, for me when I look back in that period of my life that was, you know, it was an incredibly exciting thing for me to be on a film set with Ridley, which I've done five films really and he's probably still my favourite director to work with, because he can really see the world that he's trying to capture and you know, if you buy into what he's doing, it's amazing experience.

"So I'm sure he's had an amazing experience with Paul and wish them all the best," he told Brian Dowling and Katja Mia on Virgin Media's Six O'Clock Show.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/russell-crowe-gladiator-sequel-shoot-32446548

Ingwar

Ingwar

Well, the first one was a clusterf**k of a production. Starting with the lack of proper script (script was being literally written during filming) and ending with the actor's death (alcohol related). If that's not very difficult shoot then I don't know what is ;D

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I don't know, Ridley's historical epics haven't been great in a while: Robinhood, The Last Duel, and Napoleon. I fear Gladiator 2 could be like the sequel to The Robe starring Richard Burton, Demetrius and The Gladiators did not do well because the principle character died like Maximus died, and placing a minor or supporting character in the limelight doesn't fair well, look at The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Cars 2, and Finding Dory. There are characters that thrive as supporting characters making quips, lore dumps, and etc.

I think Scott should have left alone his best epic film. It should be standalone, its Maximus who was the heart beat of the story, and now his heart has stopped as he is in Elysium.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 10:45:02 PMI don't know, Risleu's historical epics haven't been great in a while, Robinhood, The Last Duel, and Napoleon. I fear Gladiator 2 could be like the sequel to The Robe starring Richard Burton, Demetrius and The Gladiators did not do well because the principle character died like Maximus died, and placing a minor or supporting character in the limelight doesn't fair well, look at The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Cars 2, and Finding Dory. There are characters that thrive as supporting characters making quips, lore dumps, and etc.

I think Scott should have left alone his best epic film. It should be standalone, its Maximus who was the heart beat of the story, and now his heart has stopped as he ud in Elysium.
The Lost World did it very well in my opinion but yes, Ridley should have left alone Gladiator. It's a film that doesn't need a sequel

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Last Duel rules.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

[/quote]
The Lost World did it very well in my opinion but yes, Ridley should have left alone Gladiator. It's a film that doesn't need a sequel
[/quote]

The Lost World is very good till The Hunters join Hammomd's Team IMHO, then it turns into a different movie.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 26, 2024, 10:49:59 PMThe Last Duel rules.

Well it is based on a true story. But I had hard tome revisiting the same scenes over and over with only some variation; made it feel lovr budget to mr. I get why Scott had to, but the execution missed what Groundhog Day and Esge of Tommorrow did well. Again IMHO.

aliens13

aliens13

[/quote]

The Lost World is very good till The Hunters join Hammomd's Team IMHO, then it turns into a different movie.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 26, 2024, 10:49:59 PMThe Last Duel rules.

Well it is based on a true story. But I had hard tome revisiting the same scenes over and over with only some variation; made it feel lovr budget to mr. I get why Scott had to, but the execution missed what Groundhog Day and Esge of Tommorrow did well. Again IMHO.
[/quote]
I will say that The Lost World it's very good until the protagonist escapes from Sorna

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed