Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,400 times)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Spoiler
Having the Big Chap return feels like Jurassic World having Rexy return from the original Jurassic Park. This worries me a little, since the JW films were not the best, too meta for my taste.
[close]

irn

irn

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Mar 24, 2024, 02:50:54 PM
Quote from: Eal on Mar 24, 2024, 02:10:08 PM
Spoiler
Is that supposed to be Kane's Son? If so, I'm very curious in Álvarez and Sayagues' justification for how they recover it. I suppose they already have the flight recorder and know the path of her shuttle (presuming Big Chap is in the trail of her shuttle still), that makes the whole thing plausible and less contrived.

Then again...I'm reminded that in Alien 3 we're expected to believe that an egg magically appeared aboard a random corridor in the Sulaco where we never see the queen. It's not like the writers and producers of the Alien series are known for carefully planning their stories and avoiding plot contrivances.
[close]

I still find the recovery implausible.  Not to beat a dead horse, but if you have enough information to find something as small as a Xeno in space you have enough information to locate the derelict.

Lets not forget that the Xeno was not a stationary object when we last saw it.

Spoiler
Maybe it was in a debris field around LV-426 caused by the Nostromo explosion. Still very implausible they find it though.
[close]

Eal

Eal

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 24, 2024, 03:11:47 PM
Spoiler
Having the Big Chap return feels like Jurassic World having Rexy return from the original Jurassic Park. This worries me a little, since the JW films were not the best, too meta for my taste.
[close]

Spoiler
That was Rexy? I forgot everything about that movie. I only remember the Rex being more like a glorified cameo than a crucial plot element to the story.
[close]

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Eal on Mar 24, 2024, 03:18:21 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
That was Rexy? I forgot everything about that movie. I only remember the Rex being more like a glorified cameo than a crucial plot element to the story.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah they played up its the Original Rex from JP in all three Jurassic World films.
My concern is having Chappie featured is a sign they are trying to hard for nostalgia. I forsee the Xenomorph spawns of Chappie in the film being depicted as smarter and superior to those in other films because they are DNA descendants of Chappie. [\spoilers]
[close]

Eal

Eal

Quote from: irn on Mar 24, 2024, 03:17:39 PM
Spoiler
Is that supposed to be Kane's Son? If so, I'm very curious in Álvarez and Sayagues' justification for how they recover it. I suppose they already have the flight recorder and know the path of her shuttle (presuming Big Chap is in the trail of her shuttle still), that makes the whole thing plausible and less contrived.

Then again...I'm reminded that in Alien 3 we're expected to believe that an egg magically appeared aboard a random corridor in the Sulaco where we never see the queen. It's not like the writers and producers of the Alien series are known for carefully planning their stories and avoiding plot contrivances.
[close]

I still find the recovery implausible.  Not to beat a dead horse, but if you have enough information to find something as small as a Xeno in space you have enough information to locate the derelict.

Spoiler
Maybe it was in a debris field around LV-426 caused by the Nostromo explosion. Still very implausible they find it though.
[close]

Spoiler
It wouldn't be in the debris fields as that's too big of an area to cover and her shuttle was quite a bit away when she blew it away with the thrusters. Assuming the Alien stayed relatively in the path of the thruster trails after it's blown away, albeit constantly moving backwards down the path, all they would hypothetically have to do is follow the trail and scan the area for organic matter.
[close]

The bottom line is this, though: It's less about it being convenient for me, and more about my enjoyment of the story sprouting from it.

Alien: Isolation is another good example: The plot and main character choices are pretty contrived and convenient, especially given the natural consequences it would have on Aliens and Alien 3, but the game is enjoyable so most folks including me just don't care. It does bug me, to be sure, but it's not enough to make me dislike it.

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 24, 2024, 03:30:54 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah they played up its the Original Rex from JP in all three Jurassic World films.
My concern is having Chappie featured is a sign they are trying to hard for nostalgia. I forsee the Xenomorph spawns of Chappie in the film being depicted as smarter and superior to those in other films because they are DNA descendants of Chappie. [\spoilers]
[close]
The nostalgia-bait is kind of already there, given the look of the technology and sets. Unless you were already considering that and just pointing out that
Spoiler
chappie being present
[close]
escalates the member-berries to 1000.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Mar 24, 2024, 09:19:18 AMMaybe Alien Resurrection is a $9 2L goon bag of merlot.

It's two goon bags. You're not quite sure how certain decisions got made and you're sure somebody is upset.

Space_Dementia

LOVED this teaser trailer! It captures the tone/grittiness of the original movie and reinforces were are returning to the horror.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Eal on Mar 24, 2024, 03:38:42 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
It wouldn't be in the debris fields as that's too big of an area to cover and her shuttle was quite a bit away when she blew it away with the thrusters. Assuming the Alien stayed relatively in the path of the thruster trails after it's blown away, albeit constantly moving backwards down the path, all they would hypothetically have to do is follow the trail and scan the area for organic matter.
[close]

The bottom line is this, though: It's less about it being convenient for me, and more about my enjoyment of the story sprouting from it.

Alien: Isolation is another good example: The plot and main character choices are pretty contrived and convenient, especially given the natural consequences it would have on Aliens and Alien 3, but the game is enjoyable so most folks including me just don't care. It does bug me, to be sure, but it's not enough to make me dislike it.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
The nostalgia-bait is kind of already there, given the look of the technology and sets. Unless you were already considering that and just pointing out that
Spoiler
chappie being present
[close]

Spoiler
I tend to agree although I don't think big chap is there purely for nostalgia. It really depends on execution and the nuance of how it all plays out, but there is something interesting there in looking at the resilience/adaptability of the Xeno DNA. If chappie can survive in a technical sense (no decay of organic matter), what's to say the xenos killed in any of the films are technically are not still alive? Can they reconstitute? Or do they feed into another life cycle in some twisted way. A persistent, continuous and infinite evolution of an organism. Maybe a natural path of a Xeno that no longer feeds is to return to a state of black goo given enough time, and in a sense the xenos are all just continued evolution of the same organism which has existed for eons.

[close]

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 24, 2024, 11:22:34 AM
Spoiler
According to my sources, Big Chap is still somewhat alive when it gets recovered... apparently it's kind of sad to see, like a deformed and wounded animal. But yeah, Big Chap got harpooned AND fried by the pod's jet propulsion system, frying the Xenomorph for a moment before the vacuum of space would have frozen the wounds. Stuck in a perpetual state of pain and suffering until the Network picked him up...

But yeah, the nostalgia is mounting higher and higher for me as more gets revealed. Of all the sci-fi franchises I nerd out over, Alien has always been my top obsession. I'm legitimately thrilled about this movie and everything it's going to show us.
[close]

This comment is from the scified forums, and it has some spoilers that may have or have not been discussed here, but i think they share a little more details.

Spoiler
I really hope that is a joke. Its supposed to be an Alien, not supernatural. Not to mention the chances of coming across something floating in space is extremely unlikely and too coincidental. It was said in Aliens that Ripley was lucky to be found as despite going through the "core" systems she was not noticed until a salvage ship found her by sheer luck.
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 24, 2024, 07:28:43 PM
Spoiler
I really hope that is a joke. Its supposed to be an Alien, not supernatural. Not to mention the chances of coming across something floating in space is extremely unlikely and too coincidental. It was said in Aliens that Ripley was lucky to be found as despite going through the "core" systems she was not noticed until a salvage ship found her by sheer luck.
[close]

Spoiler
And the Narcissus likely had a transponder constantly broadcasting it's location. And even then it still took 57 years to find it
[close]

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Eal on Mar 24, 2024, 03:38:42 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
chappie being present
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah my concern isn't its impossible for Chappie to be found, as you lay out that is plausible. My issue is when writers incorporate an original element from the classic original film in the franchise it does not bode well for storytelling, I mentioned Rexy in Jurassic World films, but there is also Vader's Mask & The Millennium Falcon in The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, and those films are not well received. I am sure my concern is going to prove unwarranted, reverse engineering the creation of Xenos from Chappie sounds like a cool concept, I just worry when major nostalgia eggs are added to movies because it can mean a lack of unique ideas. [\spoiler]
[close]

Eal

Eal

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 24, 2024, 07:52:05 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 24, 2024, 07:28:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
And the Narcissus likely had a transponder constantly broadcasting it's location. And even then it still took 57 years to find it
[close]

Spoiler
Or they knew where the shuttle was upon finding big chap, sabotaged it, and felt confident that the shuttle would be lost forever. And maybe what we see in Aliens and Alien Cubed is just an after effect of the work at Renaissance Station being destroyed, as well as an extreme policy of compartmentalization that usually happens in secret government agencies and corporations doing confidential RND. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, basically.
[close]

Local Trouble

A lot of people are going to owe ralfy a big apology after this.

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Do you think they will find Kane's body floating around as well. 😏

Slutty Badger

Quote from: TheDerelict on Mar 24, 2024, 09:16:32 PMDo you think they will find Kane's body floating around as well. 😏

Funnily enough, Kane's body was supposed to appear in  a deleted scene in the original film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed