Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,232 times)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I love that this feels like a return to Alien in terms of psychological-spiritual horror. The Alien films have felt either mostly like action flicks (Aliens, Alien Resurrection) or grand Odyssey epics (Prometheus, Alien Covenant) which I do love mind you. But Alien (1979) had a spiritual horror that hasn't quite re-emerged, Romulus gave me those Gigerian Vibes again, especially the cryotube with blood and screams, and the facehuggers chasing down people in confined spaces.

I confess that I love each Alien film: its aesthetic, style, and interpretation of the Xenomorph. But the original  Alien is my favorite, and to see hints we may get some of that former g(l)ory "brings warm feelings to my heart." (Yoda, Attack of the Clones).

SM

SM

Meh, they will never top this facehugger swarm.

Local Trouble

I'm not sure which has better CG.

E. Shaw

SM

SM

No way - Alien 3 was practical effects all the way.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2024, 02:11:08 AMMeh, they will never top this facehugger swarm.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kd0tQ4VHK_Y/UGM5fueIQCI/AAAAAAAAI_o/rxmtsd3l6NY/s1600/a3g_07.png
Nothing will top the swarms of facehuggers in Alien Resurrection PS1 😨

Corporal Hicks

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Awe yea!

Acid for Blood

A good breakdown. I did enjoy the Romulus trailer but I'm not a massive fan of "teaser trailers" in general. They don't usually give a coherent sense of the story. Like, I remember really enjoying the 2015 Christmas Day Covenant trailer a lot more than this. So I'm holding off any judgement/excitement until we get the full trailer - presumably 5 weeks from today, 26/04? 🤞

PortugueseXeno

I just found this theory on the LV-426 subreddit and it is really good and interesting.

"Fede confirmed in an interview https://youtu.be/H2PYIrvnX8I?si=E1SDlOnf6uHES9nH @6:01 that the station is split into two Halfs. An older part of the station (called Remus) and a newer part that has more Aliens era technology (called Romulus).

Hence Romulus and Remus in Roman Mythology who both fed off a beast, the wolf. In this case, the station is experimenting on a "beast" which is whatever they've brought onto the station.

In Roman Mythology, Romulus kills Remus in a dissagreement and founds the kingdom of Rome. Perhaps a kind of dissagreement arises on the station between both sides causing them to fight, ultimately leading to an outbreak and the forming of an Alien "Kingdom" on the station. Romulus, the newer more advanced side of the station perhaps let lose their experiments on the older Remus on orders from Weyland. Or maybe it's simply refering to how Romulus leads to the death of the station.

I'm also betting that the reason the outbreak happens is because of an unhinged android that loses it OR has been ordered by Yutani to let the Alien lose. When the crew arrive, they find the android still alive who further uses them as his play things.
"

bulletproof2k

Judging by the footage, it's pretty good, maybe we'll see something new.  ;)

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Loved the teaser and I'm hyped for some zero g also. Hoping there are some new creature designs, I'm a big fan of the trilobite, neomorph and even the newborn. Would like to see something different other than another queen.

FYI, there's a dipping bird on Andrew's desk in Alien 3 assembly cut.

The acid blood in zero g was used to great effect in the dead orbit graphic novel. Hope for the same in this.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah zero G hasn't been talked about much. It could give us really cool and new scenes.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 22, 2024, 09:13:09 AMI just found this theory on the LV-426 subreddit and it is really good and interesting.

"Fede confirmed in an interview https://youtu.be/H2PYIrvnX8I?si=E1SDlOnf6uHES9nH @6:01 that the station is split into two Halfs. An older part of the station (called Remus) and a newer part that has more Aliens era technology (called Romulus).

Hence Romulus and Remus in Roman Mythology who both fed off a beast, the wolf. In this case, the station is experimenting on a "beast" which is whatever they've brought onto the station.

In Roman Mythology, Romulus kills Remus in a dissagreement and founds the kingdom of Rome. Perhaps a kind of dissagreement arises on the station between both sides causing them to fight, ultimately leading to an outbreak and the forming of an Alien "Kingdom" on the station. Romulus, the newer more advanced side of the station perhaps let lose their experiments on the older Remus on orders from Weyland. Or maybe it's simply refering to how Romulus leads to the death of the station.

I'm also betting that the reason the outbreak happens is because of an unhinged android that loses it OR has been ordered by Yutani to let the Alien lose. When the crew arrive, they find the android still alive who further uses them as his play things.
"

Remus - Old
Romulus - New

Romulus kills Remus. Brother kills brother.

Spoiler
New mutant Alien kills old Big chap. Please god no. :'(
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Indeed, it has been done too many times already. Or maybe it's the other way around,
Spoiler
Big Chap kills the mutant. But that would be too jurassic worldly for my taste.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed