Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,403 times)

Mike’s Monsters

What they're running from has been removed from the shot.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 21, 2024, 06:13:06 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 06:05:13 AMPeople are saying you can see a Runner chasing the two people in the shot where they throw the flare. In the background, down the hall.
I just watched it in slow motion zoomed in. It's not a runner, it's a mop & bucket.

Mop and bucket are chasing people? Well, that sounds scary, actually.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 21, 2024, 06:13:06 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 06:05:13 AMPeople are saying you can see a Runner chasing the two people in the shot where they throw the flare. In the background, down the hall.
I just watched it in slow motion zoomed in. It's not a runner, it's a mop & bucket.
Me too, I was just checking it. No Runner 😐 I'm in love with the trailer, I saw it more than 20 times today and still amazes me. I'm already full hype, this movie will be awesome

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 21, 2024, 06:14:03 AMWhat they're running from has been removed from the shot.
Makes more sense than running from janitorial duty. Cheers for cheering that up.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 21, 2024, 06:08:31 AMIt ain't no runner.
Yeah the screenshots weren't terribly compelling.

Mike’s Monsters

Not sure if anyone picked up on this design detail yet. So I brightened up the shot to help a bit.

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1770701104919253154?s=46

It may have already, but there's too many messages to read through at this point. 😅

solace97

solace97

I kept thinking I was seeing an eye socket and a skull under there but it also looks like that Xeno got a scar

Mike’s Monsters

The Xeno does indeed have a scar on the face and dome.

hamilton_milo

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 21, 2024, 06:48:45 AMThe Xeno does indeed have a scar on the face and dome.

Spoiler
Big Chap, yay or nay? Or is this shot of a different Xeno?
[close]

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 21, 2024, 06:38:49 AMNot sure if anyone picked up on this design detail yet. So I brightened up the shot to help a bit.

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1770701104919253154?s=46

It may have already, but there's too many messages to read through at this point. 😅
Pretty cool detail, but if it's Big Chap.. ooo does not bode well for me.

Mike’s Monsters

This shot is our new Xeno.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Then the name should indeed be Scarface. I'm game for that.

SM

SM

Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 21, 2024, 05:31:27 AM
Quote from: carnotaurus1350 on Mar 21, 2024, 05:23:59 AMI just hope there is a sense of time with the gestation and growth of Xenos. I hate how Covenant fully threw that out the door

That's an ongoing problem imo in Alien films. How do you put these characters in a situation where enough time can pass for a chestburster(s) to realistically gestate and grow? It's obviously not impossible to get around, but it does limit you somewhat.

With the Lope impregnation in Covenant for example, it happened late in the movie so they had to make the gestation ridiculously quick.

David pulling some shenanigans with the medpatch aside, gestation wasn't ridiculously quick; implantation was.

They escaped, flew back to Covenant, docked, took Lope to the infirmary, Upworth patched up his face, Daniels stapled Walter/ David's face, made breakfast while T took Mother offline till 8 bells.  Danny is woken at what appears to be 4 bells by Mother (two hours after she was supposed to be back online) with an alert that there's an unidentified lifeform.

So maybe the Alien was born earlier (likely since it's full size the first time we see it), but it's implied a number of hours have passed at minimum since Lope was attacked.

Add to that, we don't know actually how long implantation takes.

Oram makes a better case for very short gestation, due to not much stuff happening in between being attacked and the burster popping out, and it being just before dawn on a planet with a short day night cycle.

hamilton_milo

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 21, 2024, 06:52:45 AMThis shot is our new Xeno.

Pleased with that! Happy to see a thick inner jaw again. They got a bit teeny between AR - AvPR, which looked a bit goofy imo.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 21, 2024, 06:53:44 AMThen the name should indeed be Scarface. I'm game for that.

Can we make it a thing? I've been sitting on it since November lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed