Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 52,201 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm not exactly feeling the trailer either.  I don't think it looks dogass or anything, I just think that my fandom had been brought so low that it's going to take something miraculous to recover it to what it once was. 

I actually have found many of the recent outings in the EU to be decent, so hopefully this movie will be as well. 

Fandom is not on life support anymore..........but it is still in critical condition. 

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 21, 2024, 02:03:42 AMI also really love that they're using practical effects I mean yeah they clearly use CGI when they needed it but it's not all the time like in Prey, even though I really like that movie, I did have a problem that it didn't use the practical effects, even though they have them. It would've been cheaper if they didn't use CGI for the face.

Both CGI and practical effects are great tools in filmmaker's belt and mix of them is the best option nowadays in my opinion. And Prey is actually very good example of using both. The couldn't go too far into CG with its budget, do they had to get creative.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 21, 2024, 04:51:23 AMI'm not exactly feeling the trailer either.  I don't think it looks dogass or anything, I just think that my fandom had been brought so low that it will it's going to take something miraculous to recover it to what it once was. 

I actually have found many of the recent outings in the EU to be decent, so hopefully this movie will be as well. 

Fandom is not on life support anymore..........but it is still in critical condition. 
I think the hype killed it for me. I didn't take the leaks or spoilers into account when watching it because that's whatever, but yea, it's not getting me pumped for it unlike trailers for Prey, AvP and even Prometheus.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 21, 2024, 04:37:16 AMFingers crossed that the film is actually good.. because that teaser is not doing it for me. I've watched it several times, so there's something there. I just don't know what it is.

Well, its just teaser really, maybe that's why. It doesn't show much. For me it's just okay, my hype didn't increased nor decreased. But what it showed also assured me that it will be proper horror, and finger crossed it will be good horror.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Mar 21, 2024, 05:13:26 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 21, 2024, 04:37:16 AMFingers crossed that the film is actually good.. because that teaser is not doing it for me. I've watched it several times, so there's something there. I just don't know what it is.

Well, its just teaser really, maybe that's why. It doesn't show much. For me it's just okay, my hype didn't increased nor decreased. But what it showed also assured me that it will be proper horror, and finger crossed it will be good horror.
We need more good Alien horror. Games included.

tonton

tonton

What's this ringed planet they're in front of I wonder

carnotaurus1350

I just hope there is a sense of time with the gestation and growth of Xenos. I hate how Covenant fully threw that out the door

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: carnotaurus1350 on Mar 21, 2024, 05:23:59 AMI just hope there is a sense of time with the gestation and growth of Xenos. I hate how Covenant fully threw that out the door

That's an ongoing problem imo in Alien films. How do you put these characters in a situation where enough time can pass for a chestburster(s) to realistically gestate and grow? It's obviously not impossible to get around, but it does limit you somewhat.

With the Lope impregnation in Covenant for example, it happened late in the movie so they had to make the gestation ridiculously quick.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 21, 2024, 05:15:47 AM
Quote from: jacobo1122 on Mar 21, 2024, 05:13:26 AM

We need more good Alien horror. Games included.
We need games there have a similar vibe as alien isolation, or at least a shooter that has a Xeno be an actual threat rather than relying on big health points or numbers

Stitch

Stitch

I liked the teaser. Good aesthetic, got the right vibe. Didn't give away too much of the plot. Made me want to see more.

Job done really.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Very nice to finally get the teaser trailer & the tone of it looks great! Back to some fundamentals here. Also, the poster is dope, just hope to see a few other styles for promos as well!

Overall, excellent material for the time being & doesn't give too much away, which can be appreciated I think. Can't wait to see this "in theaters"! 8)

SiL

SiL

People are saying you can see a Runner chasing the two people in the shot where they throw the flare. In the background, down the hall.

Mike’s Monsters

It ain't no runner.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 06:05:13 AMPeople are saying you can see a Runner chasing the two people in the shot where they throw the flare. In the background, down the hall.
I will freak out of this is true, the Runner it's my favourite Alien after Big Chap

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 06:05:13 AMPeople are saying you can see a Runner chasing the two people in the shot where they throw the flare. In the background, down the hall.
I just watched it in slow motion zoomed in. It's not a runner, it's a mop & bucket.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed