Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,270 times)

Neila

Neila

no....I don't read anything....I don't watch any trailers.....
no no no......

solace97

solace97

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2024, 04:16:01 PMWelp, way too many rounds of spoilers hitting in rapid fire succession for me today.

Already caught glimpses of some of the leaks from multiple sources without completely realizing what I was looking at at first and saw way more than I'd have liked to have known regarding this movie before going in, especially considering that I haven't even seen a frame of footage for myself yet.

I think I'm gonna tap out of the forums until a trailer and/or some official info drops, and then take it from there. I hope there's still some surprises in store come August, 'cause as it is I feel like I have already learned a lot more about this movie than I would have liked to today.

See ya in a bit, folks!

I know...its hard to resist the spoilers...but you clicked anyways  ;)

DaveT937

DaveT937

Quote from: solace97 on Mar 14, 2024, 04:56:01 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2024, 04:16:01 PMWelp, way too many rounds of spoilers hitting in rapid fire succession for me today.

Already caught glimpses of some of the leaks from multiple sources without completely realizing what I was looking at at first and saw way more than I'd have liked to have known regarding this movie before going in, especially considering that I haven't even seen a frame of footage for myself yet.

I think I'm gonna tap out of the forums until a trailer and/or some official info drops, and then take it from there. I hope there's still some surprises in store come August, 'cause as it is I feel like I have already learned a lot more about this movie than I would have liked to today.

See ya in a bit, folks!

I've managed to resist the urge to click so far and do like the stance the PO crew have taken on not reporting the details of the spoilers. Although I do get Corp and team have a duty as a news site. It's tough.

Nightmare Asylum

See ya in a bit, folks!

Not true at all, actually. I didn't click anything to spoil myself. I haven't read any of the articles/watched any of the major spoilery videos (told myself yesterday morning after watching Mike's video about the Facehugger details that I was going to make that my cutoff), but that sure didn't stop someone I know (not a user here) from DMing me what I assume must be the vast majority of the spoilers thinking I'd be interested in reading them, and I caught some pretty significant key words in that message before I realized what I was even looking at... A recommended tweet from some random scoop site that I don't even follow that plastered a bit more info with a correlating image landed on my Twitter feed soon afterwards, and that helped fill in some of the blanks, too.

I guess now that I know what I'm assuming is pretty much all of the major reveals in store for Romulus, there isn't much point in me taking a hiatus until the trailer. Still going to avoid the spoiler specific threads, in case there's something I might have thankfully/hopefully missed but... at this rate I'm not sure if I've actually missed anything.

Pretty bummed 'cause after having all of Covenant spoiled before release, I was hopeful that I'd be able to go into this one pretty much in the dark (we didn't have the director spilling all the beans himself time around!) but that all flipped on its head when seemingly the entire movie's worth of details made it out there in the span of a morning yesterday. Thanks, Mr. H!

Very glad that I quite like what I'm hearing, at least, but man it would have been nice to be able to play along with the ride from now to August and get to take it in over time through the marketing and actual release of the film.

Cosmic Incubation

Oof, yeah I feel your pain Nightmare.

I haven't been spoiled yet thankfully, so I'll definitely be treading lightly in here and online in general until at least the trailer.

DaveT937

DaveT937

Any idea where Mr H got the details from?

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 14, 2024, 03:25:04 PM

See ya in a bit, folks!

Not true at all, actually. I didn't click anything to spoil myself. I haven't read any of the articles/watched any of the major spoilery videos (told myself yesterday morning after watching Mike's video about the Facehugger details that I was going to make that my cutoff), but that sure didn't stop someone I know (not a user here) from DMing me what I assume must be the vast majority of the spoilers thinking I'd be interested in reading them, and I caught some pretty significant key words in that message before I realized what I was even looking at... A recommended tweet from some random scoop site that I don't even follow that plastered a bit more info with a correlating image landed on my Twitter feed soon afterwards, and that helped fill in some of the blanks, too.

I guess now that I know what I'm assuming is pretty much all of the major reveals in store for Romulus, there isn't much point in me taking a hiatus until the trailer. Still going to avoid the spoiler specific threads, in case there's something I might have thankfully/hopefully missed but... at this rate I'm not sure if I've actually missed anything.

Pretty bummed 'cause after having all of Covenant spoiled before release, I was hopeful that I'd be able to go into this one pretty much in the dark (we didn't have the director spilling all the beans himself time around!) but that all flipped on its head when seemingly the entire movie's worth of details made it out there in the span of a morning yesterday. Thanks, Mr. H!

Very glad that I quite like what I'm hearing, at least, but man it would have been nice to be able to play along with the ride from now to August and get to take it in over time through the marketing and actual release of the film.

Oh no.. did someone tell you that the Xenos talk now?!

/s

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 14, 2024, 06:44:34 PMOh no.. did someone tell you that the Xenos talk now?!

/s

Jeri confirmed.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: DaveT937 on Mar 14, 2024, 06:39:38 PMAny idea where Mr H got the details from?

Someone who went to a test screening in Sacramento, CA. That's where the only test screening has happened from what it sounds like. Hence why it didn't know about it being down in Los Angeles.

Ingwar

Ingwar

That's why I'm not a fan of test screenings. Having them spoilers are inevitable.

Mike’s Monsters

I'm not sure what benefit it brings to the leakers, the folks who send stuff to people like Mr H. He will make a profit off their leaks, and all they can say is that they gave him the leak. I don't understand the point.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 14, 2024, 07:28:34 PMI'm not sure what benefit it brings to the leakers, the folks who send stuff to people like Mr H. He will make a profit off their leaks, and all they can say is that they gave him the leak. I don't understand the point.

H might have made a deal with the audience member.

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 14, 2024, 07:26:31 PMThat's why I'm not a fan of test screenings.

Neither is the Sir.

MudButt

MudButt

H promised them immortality in exchange for leaks.

BigDaddyJohn

That is a very good deal.

DaveT937

DaveT937

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 14, 2024, 07:11:53 PM
Quote from: DaveT937 on Mar 14, 2024, 06:39:38 PMAny idea where Mr H got the details from?

Someone who went to a test screening in Sacramento, CA. That's where the only test screening has happened from what it sounds like. Hence why it didn't know about it being down in Los Angeles.
Odd that the screening has happened AFTER the pickups, no?

Surely they'd want the feedback, then act on it, or do I misunderstand the amount / kind of feedback they take from test screenings?

Thanks for the context Mike.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed