Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,369 times)

Cosmic Incubation

It sucks to wait cause of excitement, but I'd much rather them save the trailer for Alien Day tbh.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd rather have it before Alien Day, because I don't want a bunch of leaks from CinemaCon to be my first real exposure to the material.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm very comfortable in having it before Alien Day.  ;D

SiL

SiL

I'm happy for trailer before AD so long as there's something nice on AD as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Mar 11, 2024, 10:00:49 PMI'm happy for trailer before AD so long as there's something nice on AD as well.

My hope/guess would be, trailer early April (with The First Omen), then con-exclusive footage at CinemaCon a week or so later, and then some sort of BTS sizzle reel or something online for the fans on Alien Day.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: SiL on Mar 11, 2024, 10:00:49 PMI'm happy for trailer before AD so long as there's something nice on AD as well.

That's the thing. I agree with that, but with how sparse Alien Day has been, if the trailer drops before then, then what will we even get? No trying to sound pessimistic, but it'd most likely be nothing.

I just don't have much expectations for AD anymore so I'd rather have something to make it feel actually big and special and give it some legitimacy.

But that's just me. I get wanting to see something as soon as possible too.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Trailer first then perhaps a short video message from Fede on Alien day.

Nightmare Asylum

To be fair, Alien Day has been pretty sparse these last few years because there hasn't been anything to promote. It was a pretty big deal in 2017 with Covenant coming soon.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 11, 2024, 10:03:09 PM

My hope/guess would be, trailer early April (with The First Omen), then con-exclusive footage at CinemaCon a week or so later, and then some sort of BTS sizzle reel or something online for the fans on Alien Day.
If the start an Viral Campaign like it was with Prometheus and Covenant we could get pur first trailer this month and some viral video on AD. But to be honest, I don't think that it's going to be the case for Romulus

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 11, 2024, 10:12:25 PMTo be fair, Alien Day has been pretty sparse these last few years because there hasn't been anything to promote. It was a pretty big deal in 2017 with Covenant coming soon.

No films to promote, I agree.

But yeah I loved all the stuff they did for Covenant. Which is why I'd love to see them do that again, for Romulus. It would make sense to lump the premiere of the trailer in with all that.

But again, I just have low expectations. Would love to be pleasantly surprised tho.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Was just inputting a digital code into my MoviesAnywhere account when I noticed that Alien: Romulus has a page on there, with the following synopsis listed:

QuoteIn this ninth entry in the immensely popular and enduring film series, a group of young people on a distant world find themselves in a confrontation with the most terrifying life form in the universe.

https://moviesanywhere.com/movie/alien-romulus-2024

Not sure if we've seen that synopsis with that specific wording previously anywhere, but interesting that it directly mentions a planet rather than a space station.

EDIT: Searched around, looks like that synopsis has indeed been used (and posted here) before. Nothing new, then.

Nightmare Asylum

Posted this in the thread for the new info that sheds light on how Romulus connects to the prequels, but I think I'm bowing out of leaks/spoilers at this point. We're getting so close to the film's release now and I want to try to stay in the dark as much as I possibly can come August.

I'll be watching the trailers and looking at anything officially released, but I think the details regarding the new features of the Facehugger is going to be the last bit of info I take in from sources outside of the official marketing campaign.

Will probably be frequenting the more general threads like this in the coming months rather than the ones honed in on super specific information.

BigDaddyJohn

There are more and more details released just now, specifically about "new" creatures. That I absolutely don't want to know about.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2024, 01:12:50 PMPosted this in the thread for the new info that sheds light on how Romulus connects to the prequels, but I think I'm bowing out of leaks/spoilers at this point. We're getting so close to the film's release now and I want to try to stay in the dark as much as I possibly can come August.

I wish I had this option sometimes.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Welp, way too many rounds of spoilers hitting in rapid fire succession for me today.

Already caught glimpses of some of the leaks from multiple sources without completely realizing what I was looking at at first and saw way more than I'd have liked to have known regarding this movie before going in, especially considering that I haven't even seen a frame of footage for myself yet.

I think I'm gonna tap out of the forums until a trailer and/or some official info drops, and then take it from there. I hope there's still some surprises in store come August, 'cause as it is I feel like I have already learned a lot more about this movie than I would have liked to today.

See ya in a bit, folks!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed