Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 166,264 times)

Corporal Hicks

So yeah, we're unlikely to actually see the trailer from these surveys these days! I do believe he either saw the trailer or someone who did has sent him details.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2024, 09:35:13 AMSo yeah, we're unlikely to actually see the trailer from these surveys these days! I do believe he either saw the trailer or someone who did has sent him details.
I mean considering the pay is like $5 they might be willing  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2024, 09:13:21 AM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 09, 2024, 02:06:21 PM"Saw the trailer through a survey but it has a watermark because its not supposed to be shared. Trust me this movie finna be fire"

This isn't impossible. Way back in the day, when Prometheus was coming out, that is exactly how we first saw and leaked the Prometheus trailer - through a survey website.

SiL

SiL

The quality has not improved on these surveys ten years later.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Praise from someone who uses the phrase "finna be fire" dampens my excitement a little...

(Also, I tried to find that comment and HOLY HELL. Wading through all the bullshit in that comment section reminded me why I unsubscribed from Mr. H a long time ago.)

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Well, after all of Mike's hints and the leaks/rumors from V-Scooper on twitter, i think i know where this movie is headed.

So, apparently there was some confusion as to whether the characters will board an abandoned spaceship or a space station, so here is what i think is the secret of the premise.

The characters will board an abandoned spaceship that is currently undergoing Special Order 937.

That is right, i think that this movie will shows us what the next phase of that order was and what Ash was suposed to do (go to).

The abandoned spaceship will probably be on an automatic route towards the Romulus space station, which will kick off the actual second act of the movie.

So what do i think the Romulus space station is, well, i think it's a sort of black site (like some other guy posted here), where Weyland makes secretive research and experiments with alien lifeforms, etc...

The supposed Xenos in cryo-statis (that were hinted by V-Scooper) are probably the organisms that were sent there by command of Special Order 937, through the work of Company androids.

Which means, that the Nostromo crew was simply one of many crews that ended up making contact with Xenos through the Company's influence, with the exception being that Ripley managed to defeat/override it, so Classic Ripley W!!!

The poor young thieves/scavangers of the new movie will try to steal some equipment from Weyland in order to get some money and resources but will end up unleashing their secret cargo, Xeno, so all hell breaks loose.

So yeah, i don't think this movie will have any Big Chap return, sorry @Nightmare Asylum , but it will expand upon The Company, their nefarious business and show us what would happen if Ash were to succeed in killing Ripley (and the others) and finish Special Order 937.

I think this movie is going to show us what would happen if Ripley failed and died.

Mike said that this movie has a very unique premise and that a lot of people (behind the scenes) think that this movie will be very special and that it united a lot of hardcore fans (from both VFX and practical effects) in order to make this a memorable movie event, so what could be more special (and inoffensive) than to bring back a very interesting plot point from the first movie and expand upon it, without actually retconning anything.

Sort of like what Noah Hawley did with Fargo's first season with the money bag...those that watched Fargo know what i meant.

Mike also said that there will be some sort of connection to the prequels, so they could easily throw some easter eggs such as Neomoprh corpses or the black goo being experimented upon within the Romulus space station, without actually using them as prominent plot points, therefore making this movie a back to basics in regards to ALIEN and ALIENS, without throwing away the prequels completely (for better or worse).

So this could also be an explanation as to why Romulu's facehuggers have some sort of hooks/barb-wired traps on its fingers, and what i mean by that is that they either were experimented on or they were simply from another Hive besides the eggs from the LV-426's Derelict and therefore adapted or evolved in a different way.

Not to mention that Prometheus and Covenant can also be mentioned as Weyland vessels that have made contact with alien lifeforms.

I have nothing to back this up but i am extremely confident about this prediction lmao

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 11, 2024, 02:48:59 PMWell, after all of Mike's hints and the leaks/rumors from V-Scooper on twitter, i think i know where this movie is headed.

So, apparently there was some confusion as to whether the characters will board an abandoned spaceship or a space station, so here is what i think is the secret of the premise.

The characters will board an abandoned spaceship that is currently undergoing Special Order 937.

That is right, i think that this movie will shows us what the next phase of that order was and what Ash was suposed to do (go to).

The abandoned spaceship will probably be on an automatic route towards the Romulus space station, which will kick off the actual second act of the movie.

So what do i think the Romulus space station is, well, i think it's a sort of black site (like some other guy posted here), where Weyland makes secretive research and experiments with alien lifeforms, etc...

The supposed Xenos in cryo-statis (that were hinted by V-Scooper) are probably the organisms that were sent there by command of Special Order 937, through the work of Company androids.

Which means, that the Nostromo crew was simply one of many crews that ended up making contact with Xenos through the Company's influence, with the exception being that Ripley managed to defeat/override it, so Classic Ripley W!!!

The poor young thieves/scavangers of the new movie will try to steal some equipment from Weyland in order to get some money and resources but will end up unleashing their secret cargo, Xeno, so all hell breaks loose.

So yeah, i don't think this movie will have any Big Chap return, sorry @Nightmare Asylum , but it will expand upon The Company, their nefarious business and show us what would happen if Ash were to succeed in killing Ripley (and the others) and finish Special Order 937.

I think this movie is going to show us what would happen if Ripley failed and died.

Mike said that this movie has a very unique premise and that a lot of people (behind the scenes) think that this movie will be very special that united a lot of hardcore fands (from both VFX and practical effects) in order to make this a memorable movie event, so what could be more special (and inoffensive) than to bring a very interesting plot point from the first movie and expand upon it, without actually retconning anything.

Sort of like what Noah Hawley did with Fargo's first season with the money bag...those what watched Fargo know what i meant.

Mike also said that there will be some sort of connection to the prequels, so they could easily throw some easter eggs such as Neomoprh corpses or the black goo being experimented upon within the Romulus space station, without actually using them as prominent plot points, therefore making this movie a back to basics in regards to ALIEN and ALIENS, without throwing away the prequels completely (for better or worse).

So this could also be an explanation as to why Romulu's facehuggers as some sort of hooks/barb-wired traps on its fingers, and what i mean by that is that they either were experimented on or they were simply from another Hive besides the eggs from the LV-426's Derelict and therefore adapted or evolved in a different way.

Not to mention that Prometheus and Covenant can also be mentioned as Weyland vessels that have made contact with alien lifeforms.

I have nothing to back this up but i am extremely confident about this prediction lmao
If this is the case, I'm very happy with it!

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 11, 2024, 02:57:34 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 11, 2024, 02:48:59 PMWell, after all of Mike's hints and the leaks/rumors from V-Scooper on twitter, i think i know where this movie is headed.

Mike said that this movie has a very unique premise and that a lot of people (behind the scenes) think that this movie will be very special that united a lot of hardcore fands (from both VFX and practical effects) in order to make this a memorable movie event, so what could be more special (and inoffensive) than to bring a very interesting plot point from the first movie and expand upon it, without actually retconning anything.

Sort of like what Noah Hawley did with Fargo's first season with the money bag...those what watched Fargo know what i meant.

So this could also be an explanation as to why Romulu's facehuggers as some sort of hooks/barb-wired traps on its fingers, and what i mean by that is that they either were experimented on or they were simply from another Hive besides the eggs from the LV-426's Derelict and therefore adapted or evolved in a different way.

If this is the case, I'm very happy with it!

Like i said, i could very well be talking out of my ass here, but from what little clues and hints we have gotten, i think it points to something similar to this.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Like what I read. I'm just wondering why they consulted more with James Cameron.

BigDaddyJohn

Verbally referencing the existence of the Prometheus or/and the Covenant is probably the safest and most likely way the prequels would be acknowledged in this movie.

I'd be fine with the Romulus station being a Weyland black site of some sorts.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Darkoo on Mar 11, 2024, 03:10:50 PMLike what I read. I'm just wondering why they consulted more with James Cameron.

Well, he is a legend when it comes to pioneering, not to mention that in his movie, the Aliens had more ambitious scenes and effetcs than the Big Chap in the first movie, so maybe that could be it.

There were some rumors that the Xeno from Romulus would be inspired by both the Big Chap and Stompy, so given how quick and mobile Stompy was in some instants, i could see a similar challenge being given to the Xeno in Romulus.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 11, 2024, 08:49:50 AMDaniel Richtman made a Romulus post 7 hours ago but it's locked behind his patreon.
DanielRPK's scope:
https://twitter.com/HollywoodHandle/status/1767256172590162088

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Darkoo on Mar 11, 2024, 06:46:18 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 11, 2024, 08:49:50 AMDaniel Richtman made a Romulus post 7 hours ago but it's locked behind his patreon.
DanielRPK's scope:

My guess for a game plan there would be to drop the first trailer so that it is ready to attach to The First Omen in early April (so a late March online release would track there), and then show some con-exclusive stuff that doesn't make its way online a week or so later at CinemaCon. Then, on Alien Day, drop some extra tidbits for the fans online (Maybe some of it might be mined from the CinemaCon stuff, maybe not. But probably some sort of BTS sizzle reel or what have you for Alien Day).

PortugueseXeno

DanielRPK's scope:

Don't do that, don't give me hope.

I can't do this anymore.

aliens13

aliens13

DanielRPK's scope:
Please, please, please be true 🙏 i can't wait anymore for the trailer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed