Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,476 times)

BigDaddyJohn

April feels right.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 26, 2024, 11:23:54 AMCinemaCon, on the other hand, is set for April.

This is way more likely than Wondercon for me, for sure.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Well, i sure hope Alien: Romulus gets a nice theatrical run at the box office, but looking at that Horizon: An American Saga trailer...

That will put butts on seats, and to be fair the trailer has a lot of heart and it does look pretty epic.

I wouldn't be surprised if these Horizon movies revive the Western genre.

Horizon will probably be the Top Gun: Maverick of this year and bring out all the boomers to the theaters.

Hopefully, Alien proves itself to be a good counter-watch to Horizon, because otherwise it will get overwhelmed at the box office.

Horizon Part 1 will be released on June while Part 2 will release on the same day of Romulus' release.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 26, 2024, 07:16:28 PMHorizon will probably be the Top Gun: Maverick of this year and bring out all the boomers to the theaters.

Horizon: An American Saga looks fantastic and I bet it will indeed have that sort of appeal, but I also think there's a fair chance that Gladiator 2 could play that card as well.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 26, 2024, 07:40:41 PMHorizon: An American Saga looks fantastic and I bet it will indeed have that sort of appeal, but I also think there's a fair chance that Gladiator 2 could play that card as well.

I am pretty optimistic about the Gladiator 2 quality (which is a hot take), but i don't think Gladiator will have that much of a nice box office run.

But Horizon really has the vibes and potential to be the next Top Gun.

Top Gun had the cool and superficial fantasy of being a jet fighter pilot, which americans (and countless people all over the world, myself included) eat up for breakfest.

Horizon will probably tap into that "patriotic" and grandiose feel of americans settling in and paving the way for future generations, not to mention that given how few westerns have been lately, it will probably feel like a special event, not to mention that the production of this movie looks great.

I am confident in Alien: Romulus quality, but i would be lying if i didn't say that Horizon Part 2 scares me when it comes to Alien's box office.

If Horizon Part 1 proves itself to be a good movie with a good word of mouth, then the box office and opening weekend for Horizon Part 2 will probably be even better.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 26, 2024, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 26, 2024, 07:16:28 PMHorizon will probably be the Top Gun: Maverick of this year and bring out all the boomers to the theaters.

Horizon: An American Saga looks fantastic and I bet it will indeed have that sort of appeal, but I also think there's a fair chance that Gladiator 2 could play that card as well.

Happy about Horizon, pretty big production for my home state.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 26, 2024, 08:20:14 PMI am confident in Alien: Romulus quality, but i would be lying if i didn't say that Horizon Part 2 scares me when it comes to Alien's box office.

I hope people won't get turned off too much by their last experience with Alien Covenant, which was far from massively celebrated, and that it will not keep them from going in theaters.

MudButt

MudButt

Alien: Romulus & Horizon will likely have very different audiences during opening weekend. Definitely some crossover but I wouldn't worry too much about Horizon taking away from the box office for Romulus.

If Romulus has a good marketing run and above all else is a good movie it has a great shot at making good money. I imagine the budget is between Prey & Covenant (65 -100 million) so it won't require much to make some money.

But of course.. box office has been incredibly strange especially this past year. Even the best movies lose money sometimes.

carnotaurus1350

Dammit, I cannot wait until we get a trailer for this.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 26, 2024, 11:23:54 AMCinemaCon, on the other hand, is set for April.
Mark your calendar  ;)

https://cinemacon.com/schedule#horizontalTab5

Nightmare Asylum

My one concern with CinemaCon is that oftentimes, what is shown there does not release online.

I really don't want my first experience with footage from Romulus to be reading someone else's second-hand account of it. So hopefully it is timed along with an online release of the trailer as well, if that is when people get their first look at the film.

BigDaddyJohn

Mmm yeah that would be disappointing, I hope the hell not.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 28, 2024, 12:42:24 PMMy one concern with CinemaCon is that oftentimes, what is shown there does not release online.

I really don't want my first experience with footage from Romulus to be reading someone else's second-hand account of it. So hopefully it is timed along with an online release of the trailer as well, if that is when people get their first look at the film.

Wasn't this the case with Covenant?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 28, 2024, 02:26:57 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 28, 2024, 12:42:24 PMMy one concern with CinemaCon is that oftentimes, what is shown there does not release online.

Wasn't this the case with Covenant?

Honestly, not entirely sure. My memory of a lot of that is pretty hazy, since I was pretty weird about how I approached a lot of Covenant's marketing materials before release, I think as a result of the burn from Prometheus I was feeling at the time (my thoughts on Prometheus were pretty constantly fluctuating around then, and they were probably at their lowest point a few years removed from release as Covenant was brewing). I wasn't really on board with Covenant from the get-go, and had pretty much the entire movie spoiled for me before release and didn't like the way any of it sounded on paper, so I was just kind of casually reading spoilers in general before its release.

Funny, how much I ended up loving it in spite of everything.

Corporal Hicks

Not quite what I was thinking but we got some behind-the-scenes footage at CCXP, then they screened the trailer and some footage at 20th Century Fox Showcase, then we got the actual release of the trailer later that month.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed