Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 32,354 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 16, 2024, 04:28:51 PM
Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 16, 2024, 11:49:10 AMhttps://twitter.com/thevscooper/status/1756019538250850357

And what he reported earlier last year:
https://twitter.com/thevscooper/status/1709618879100567563

If that's true and it's set in the future, are they supposed to appear in wheelchairs ?
Idk about Harrigan but it's been made clear that Dutch has that Predator DNA augmentation via 2025 so he can still have a go in the fight. It's been said in the audio tapes that the Predator DNA made his cells stop aging, so at least we are talking about an extended lifespan and vitality.

I know that Drug War it was like what 2022 and Harrigan still managed to track down a rogue Predator in Brazil. But I don't think he can keep up years later, he don't got that Predator augmentation.

BigDaddyJohn

Pretty sure every one of those ideas could be (and will be) easily ignored in feature films though.

SiL

Trachtenberg didn't even realise the origin of the pistol had been covered in the EU, I wouldn't put much hope in him knowing or caring what the game says.

Mike’s Monsters

That's VScooper seems to only scoop up bullshit from what I can tell.

There's no truth to any of that. It's too easy to use that nostalgic stuff to get fans talking.

BigDaddyJohn

As much as I love Arnie and Danny, I'll pass on that one.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Feb 16, 2024, 08:32:48 PMTrachtenberg didn't even realise the origin of the pistol had been covered in the EU, I wouldn't put much hope in him knowing or caring what the game says.
I recall in the behind the scenes, it was mentioned that the Predator tree movement was inspired by Predator Hunting Grounds, so there is a slight hope that he might be aware of the story.

It would be crazy if they ignored some of these ideas, some of them are film worthy but studios be thinking backwards.

SiL

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 17, 2024, 12:01:16 AMIt would be crazy if they ignored some of these ideas, some of them are film worthy but studios be thinking backwards.
I don't know, the Amengi bullshit can gladly stay in the trash.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Feb 17, 2024, 12:25:08 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 17, 2024, 12:01:16 AMIt would be crazy if they ignored some of these ideas, some of them are film worthy but studios be thinking backwards.
I don't know, the Amengi bullshit can gladly stay in the trash.
Agreed. Personally I like my Predators Smarter. The idea of them being used for entertainment and stealing technology does not really paint them in an intelligent light.

Huntsman

Hoping to see an overhaul of the storytelling so it's less predictable.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 16, 2024, 04:52:03 AMSo, a Predator in a future setting you say....

Spoiler
[close]

I know the concrete jungle game wasn't well-received by critics due to its controls. But personally, I enjoyed it throughly.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 16, 2024, 08:32:48 PMTrachtenberg didn't even realise the origin of the pistol had been covered in the EU, I wouldn't put much hope in him knowing or caring what the game says.

The films and the EU are separate things as far as Fox is concerned. I mean yes, the comics have influenced the films (i.e. Pred 2 and the AVP films), but by and large, the EU isn't treated as canon in the films (that's why I tend to shy away from going into too much details about the EU). Ideally, certain storyline and characters are picked up in the films but the EU doesn't really determime or dictate how the films will turn out.

Is that a good or bad thing? Well, good in the sense that the creators of the predator films feel they have the freedom to tell the stories they truly want unconstrained by prior storylines in the EU.

Bad I suppose  for the AVP films, heck some stories and characters in the AVP EU, even the videogames, have better plot and characters than the AVP films. Yes, the AVP films did touched on elements from the EU, but they were mostly their own thing. But in hindsight, the producers would have been better off just straight up adapt an AVP plot entirely from the EU instead of the trash they made.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Feb 17, 2024, 01:23:03 AMand stealing technology

I love them stealing tech, but not as the exclusive source of their technology. South China Sea does it well where the Predator has several tools and weapons prised from the hands/claws/tendrils of prey on other worlds.

SiL

The Predator is garbage but I did like the Predator picking up a gun when he had nothing else to use.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 17, 2024, 11:14:20 PM

I love them stealing tech, but not as the exclusive source of their technology. South China Sea does it well where the Predator has several tools and weapons prised from the hands/claws/tendrils of prey on other worlds.

Always wanted to read this f**king book. Never been able to find it.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 17, 2024, 11:35:20 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 17, 2024, 11:14:20 PM

Always wanted to read this f**king book. Never been able to find it.

There's a digitised copy available here:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=66424.msg2600739#msg2600739

BigDaddyJohn

Well thank you very very much sir.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed