Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 34,359 times)

Nightmare Asylum

The Predator franchise has a universe in that there are multiple stories that do share a continuity, but it isn't really a "Universe" in the sense that there's all kinds of crossover between installments. You could pick up any individual movie in the series and watch it totally standalone without having seen any of the others and not really miss anything beyond some Easter Eggs/callbacks.

Prey 2 will likely be the first one to shift that, in that it will be a continuation of Naru's story.

Huntsman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 15, 2024, 10:20:54 AMI would totally endorse a far future, technologically very advanced, big city setting. With a wasteland around it.
Go full cyberpunk.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm more interested in the wasteland than I am in the futuristic city, when it comes to Predator. Something grungy and dilapidated that the Predator can blend into and lose itself in even when it isn't cloaked.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

SiL

I don't know why, but I feel Predator should be contemporary and past. Future Predator doesn't seem as interesting to me outside of AvP.

Not that it affects my anticipation for this movie in the least, I was just struck by how much hearing "the future" made me feel weird when I heard it.

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, it's something strange. As obvious as it may sound, we will have to see the movie to know how such an idea is executed. Anyway, it's interesting to imagine what kind of future it's going to be.

RoguePred1987

I want all the things; future, past, live-action, animated DTV's, give me everything.

When you think about it, Prey's working title of "Skulls" didn't really have anything to do with the movie. It was more of a ref. to the franchise as a whole. "Badlands" though seems a little more specific, so maybe there could be some sort of wasteland aspect to it. I don't necessarily think they'll go as far as Mad Max but something almost like Judge Dredd might not be completely out of the question. Or they could very well be on another planet with a wasteland-type theme to it.

Immortan Jonesy

A cyberpunk setting would be lit if done right.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 16, 2024, 01:56:11 AMA cyberpunk setting would be lit if done right.

This cover stuck in my head when I think of a cyberpunk setting. Wish I can get a poster from this, its poster worthy.

My thing is for a future setting is that the tech we have can powercreep on Predator tech, so there has to be new Predator tech and skills that can override ours. 2077 has some crazy tech that a Predator can have some trouble going up against but PCJ shows this easily can also be overcome. I just wonder how in a film format can display a full agile Predator doing leaps, acrobatics, and other powerful movements. How Cyberpunk are we going with Cyberpunk here is what I wonder, that is if we are going there.

PAS Spinelli

So, a Predator in a future setting you say....

Spoiler
[close]

MudButt

I kind of think that even though it's set in the future it might not be in a futuristic city.. maybe more of a futuristic wasteland. The title ''Badlands'' doesn't scream advanced city to me. I don't know how exciting I find a Predator fighting against advanced human weaponry from the future so maybe that's his workaround.

I could be and probably am very wrong though.

Nightmare Asylum

Hey 4chan, I hear David is going to be in Badlands.

Immortan Jonesy

Neill Blomkamp loved the 'Badlands' sets back in the day.

BigDaddyJohn

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed