Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 166,476 times)

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 10, 2024, 11:55:48 AMI think the crew would be explicitly looking around in the area where the Nostromo was for the Nostromo, leading them to the exact area where the Alien still is. Much less of a coincidence when the characters are at that specific point in space with intent.

But that is still too much of a coincidence.

The Xeno is suposed to be drifting in space, it's not stuck in an exact coordinate like the derelict was, so it feels kind of forced for our characters to find it.

Like i said, space is supposed to be vast, so the "looking around in the area" makes space feel smaller.

Let Ripley keep her W and not (unintenionally) condemn some poor souls (cast of Romulus) who will now have to deal with her leftovers.

But i did love your idea of the evolving/molting Xeno.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I would be surprised if its just Big Chap, haven't facehuggers been confirmed in this? If so then I can't see how the huggers come into play without a queen. Eggmorphing would be the only option.

PortugueseXeno

Damn, the OST/soundtrack for the trailer of the Alien: Roleplaying game is incredible.

I wouldn't mind a teaser for Alien: Romulus to have something like this.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 10, 2024, 12:09:41 PMI would be surprised if its just Big Chap, haven't facehuggers been confirmed in this? If so then I can't see how the huggers come into play without a queen. Eggmorphing would be the only option.

Yep, there's a facehugger in the one promo pic we have from last year's Alien Day.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 10, 2024, 11:55:48 AMIf this premise does end up being the film's launching point, I don't think it would be that the Alien has been drifting and just so happens to bump into the salvage crew's ship by random happenstance. I think the crew would be explicitly looking around in the area where the Nostromo was for the Nostromo, leading them to the exact area where the Alien still is. Much less of a coincidence when the characters are at that specific point in space with intent.

I don't see how that's possible, given that the Alien was flung out of the Narcissus' engine at roughly the speed of light and incinerated.

OMG, please tell me that this is NOT the setup!

skhellter

skhellter

it's just people speculating. based on very flimsy things that have been said.

same thing we always do

Prez

Prez

This is all very, very fascinating and quite nostalgic too for me personally.

The reason being all this talk of Big Chap surviving reminds me back in 1979 when my elder brother having seen the film, told a much younger me how the Alien was indestructible - that is, it didn't die at the end. Now of course we know (after many more films) that yes they can be killed but I like the idea of Big Chap, whilst toasted up, somehow surviving and then adapting to something more which would tie in nicely with Ash's perfect organism monologue about Structural perfection.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I think it's an awful idea quite frankly and i'll be utterly staggered if that is what they go with.

Drew McWeeny's tweets are interesting though. He seems like he knows some details when he hinted this takes place in the immediate aftermath of Alien.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I guess time has finally come:

Spoiler
Egg on Nostromo
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 10, 2024, 01:04:43 PMI guess time has finally come:

Spoiler
Egg on Nostromo
[close]

Did Bishop put it there?

kwisatz

kwisatz

I see you like it already.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 10, 2024, 01:37:17 PMI see you like it already.

But is Bishop an android?

kwisatz

kwisatz

You're asking the right questions.

Mike’s Monsters

Noticing lots of an assumptions are being made off of very little info. There's more going on, and it'll all reveal itself as time allows. Don't start disliking the thing when you don't know exactly what's going on juuuust yet.

Not to say you're required to love it or you're not allowed to dislike it. Just wait and see it to form an opinion first is all I'm saying!

It's not so simple.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed