Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,533 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 09, 2024, 07:43:10 PMI think the novel stinks to be quite honest
Jurassic Park?

The novel owns.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Isn't Hammond a complete douchebag in the novel who gets killed in the end?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 10, 2024, 11:02:26 AMIsn't Hammond a complete douchebag in the novel who gets killed in the end?
Unrepentant arsehole who gets eaten by compies.

I prefer the movie to the book, but I liked the book.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 09, 2024, 07:43:10 PMI think the novel stinks to be quite honest

it's trashy and messy.

so, hey, it's a michael crichton book.

Therefore it's also compelling and weird and pretty well put together entertainment.

One of the best airport novels ever made.

I appreciate how it's a lot more mean than spielberg's movie.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I like novel also. The movie ranks higher but the book has a nice horror vibe to it.

skhellter

skhellter

the compies and the baby...

The Dilo and Nedry..

the T-Rex reveal

great horror setpieces.

Stitch

Stitch

I love the book. It's my joint favourite book.

MudButt

MudButt

'Jurassic World': Gareth Edwards Tapped To Direct New Movie For Universal And Amblin

https://deadline.com/2024/02/jurassic-world-gareth-edwards-1235831353/

QuoteAfter a deal couldn't be made for David Leitch to direct, Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment have moved fast as the studio is in final negotiations for Rogue One director Gareth Edwards to helm a new Jurassic World movie. The studio recently dated the pic to bow on July 2, 2025 and moved fast to find a director with Edwards spending all of last week meeting with execs. After impressing producers Steven Spielberg and Frank Marshall, who helped launch the franchise in the 90s, an offer soon followed and pre-production is expected to ramp up once a deal is sealed.

The new movie will be a completely fresh take on a Jurassic era with Jurassic World castmembers Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard not expected to return, nor the original trilogy's thespians Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern and Sam Neill. David Koepp penned the script.

I LOVE this choice.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Significantly more interesting filmmaker than Leitch, like the two aren't even close to comparable. Hope he gets to do really do his thing here, because if he's not kept on a leash he'd be a great pick for one of these.

I'd be lying if I says I wasn't more than a bit worried based on his comments during The Creator's press tour about not wanting to jump back into franchise filmmaking any time soon, though. Hope this isn't a last resort thing for him after The Creator bombed, especially after seeing the way this Jurassic project is seemingly being micromanaged and rushed into a way-too-soon release date.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 21, 2024, 12:53:57 AMSignificantly more interesting filmmaker than Leitch. Hope he gets to do really do his thing here.

A bit worried based on his comments after The Creator about not wanting to jump back into franchise filmmaking any time soon, though. Hope this isn't a last resort thing for him after The Creator bombed, especially after seeing the way this Jurassic World project is seemingly being micromanaged.

Report says he's been meeting with Spielberg and Frank Marshall over the last week or so and he really impressed them. You have to imagine a guy like Edwards loves that original Jurassic Park.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MudButt on Feb 21, 2024, 01:05:32 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 21, 2024, 12:53:57 AMSignificantly more interesting filmmaker than Leitch. Hope he gets to do really do his thing here.

A bit worried based on his comments after The Creator about not wanting to jump back into franchise filmmaking any time soon, though. Hope this isn't a last resort thing for him after The Creator bombed, especially after seeing the way this Jurassic World project is seemingly being micromanaged.

Report says he's been meeting with Spielberg and Frank Marshall over the last week or so and he really impressed them. You have to imagine a guy like Edwards loves that original Jurassic Park.

Oh for sure he does, I've seen him riffing on it affectionately in Godzilla. :laugh:

Edwards + Koepp... they could be cooking here. I just really hope they push that release date back.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 21, 2024, 01:13:20 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Feb 21, 2024, 01:05:32 AM

Oh for sure he does, I've seen him riffing on it affectionately in Godzilla. :laugh:

Edwards + Koepp... they could be cooking here. I just really hope they push that release date back.

Universal seems dead set on it. Per THR they want cameras rolling in June. The trades have said the script is locked in and they've already done a bunch of pre-vis & design work. They were really
just looking for a shooter to come in and film the script.

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

Gareth will smash it! He's a fantastic director and has genuine passion for his projects.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really, really like Gareth, I'm just... timid here. A, because it doesn't seem like he's going to have the flexibility to conceive this project from the ground up, given how far along it already seems to be and how close the release date is, and B, because as The Creator was coming out he was very adamant during that press tour about not wanting to return to franchise filmmaking any time soon.

It seems that The Creator's financial failure might have left him in a place where he really can't be picky. I think he's an excellent choice for a Jurassic movie, but I also don't want to see him become a director for hire.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 21, 2024, 01:05:50 PMI really, really like Gareth, I'm just... timid here. A, because it doesn't seem like he's going to have the flexibility to conceive this project from the ground up, given how far along it already seems to be and how close the release date is, and B, because as The Creator was coming out he was very adamant during that press tour about not wanting to return to franchise filmmaking any time soon.

It seems that The Creator's financial failure might have left him in a place where he really can't be picky. I think he's an excellent choice for a Jurassic movie, but I also don't want to see him become a director for hire.

I think that's why talks fell through with Leitch. Universal isn't looking for an auteur, they want a shooter. I am a little nervous that they are trying to make a release date which is 15 months away but it sounds like they have a completed script and are excited by the take David Koepp came up with. Perhaps if this one works really well for them Gareth will have more input in a potential sequel.

Clearly if Gareth felt like he didn't want to return to franchise filmmaking but signed on to this.. it could be a sign that he's excited by the script. It could also mean he's got to take a job because his last movie didn't do well financially.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed