Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,443 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Not gonna elaborate or hint at anyone's speculations when it comes to the nitty gritty details. But I am curious how they are going to tie it all together myself.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Big Chap some time later, floating in space, as a salvage crew looking for the last known location of the Nostromo comes through... :)

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 09, 2024, 10:08:45 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 09, 2024, 08:55:36 PMJust wait 'til I can talk about it more. I've had some big developments. :-X

@PortugueseXeno ^

Yeah, somebody should rename this thread into "Mike's Monsters tries to drive PortugueseXeno Crazy".

I'm at my limit here.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 10:12:07 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 09:48:24 PMGonna take it another step further and say, Big Chap never did die, technically......

Thinking more about this, and taking into mind some of Mike's comments about the design of the Alien in Romulus not being quite the OG design.

Big Chap would presumably be pretty damaged after being blown out into space by the Narcissus' thrusters. If the salvage crew in Romulus arrives at the point in space where the Nostromo was expected to be, and the Nostromo obviously isn't there but a mangled/melted Big Chap is there floating in space and hitches a ride towards the main setting where Romulus does take place, and we slowly see Big Chap evolve/reform back into his "proper" state over the course of the film...

At the end of the day, it all depends on the execution, but i am not going to lie, the Big Chap being the Xeno from Alien: Romulus, at first seems kind of silly, fan-servicey and breaks the immersion.

Whether the new cast of characters goes to the Nostromo's last known location or not, the possibility of Big Chap stumbling upon their ship after drifting in space is a little too much for me.

It seems lazy, forced, dumb luck (or bad luck for the characters) and too much of a coincidence in order to set the plot of the story going, but like i said, it would depend on the execution.

Just because they go to a place where the Narcissus was, that doesn't mean that they would stumble upon the Big Chap, giving how vast space is, so this just makes space look smaller to me.

Also, seeing a Xeno molt/evovle into a new caste (just like Number 6 in the AvP game) is a really cool concept, so that is something that i wouldn't mind seeing in a movie.

MudButt

MudButt

It's simple.

Ripley blows Big Chap out of the Narcissus and flies away.. minutes later the cast of Romulus is floating through space and our favorite Xeno hits the windshield. Our characters realize they've hit something and all make a pact to never discuss this again, take it the grave!

However.. Big Chap is still alive.. and it wants revenge.

And maybe this is the plot of I Know What You Did Last Summer.

BlueMarsalis79

If it survived, it really puts the whole surviving in the vacuum thing to bed.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 10:12:07 PMBig Chap would presumably be pretty damaged after being blown out into space by the Narcissus' thrusters. If the salvage crew in Romulus arrives at the point in space where the Nostromo was expected to be, and the Nostromo obviously isn't there but a mangled/melted Big Chap is there floating in space and hitches a ride towards the main setting where Romulus does take place, and we slowly see Big Chap evolve/reform back into his "proper" state over the course of the film...

Sounds far-fetched :)  Wasn't Big Chap approaching the end of its lifecycle at the end?

Immortan Jonesy

There are two possibilities...either Big Chap was going to die before Ripley interrupted the dude...or it was going to transform itself into a civilized being, capable of imitating human voices and building a pyramid used as a reproduction temple.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Second possibility ...

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 11:01:56 PM

Big Chap some time later, floating in space, as a salvage crew looking for the last known location of the Nostromo comes through... :)

There was even a fan-made short film I think🙃👉👈

Scott Conover

Quote from: SiL on Feb 07, 2024, 11:18:56 PMIt gives me hope that the series will exist as a kind of what if bit of fun and not be intended as fully connected to the movie series.

What it should have been after 92 tbh

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 09, 2024, 11:32:55 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 10:12:07 PMBig Chap would presumably be pretty damaged after being blown out into space by the Narcissus' thrusters. If the salvage crew in Romulus arrives at the point in space where the Nostromo was expected to be, and the Nostromo obviously isn't there but a mangled/melted Big Chap is there floating in space and hitches a ride towards the main setting where Romulus does take place, and we slowly see Big Chap evolve/reform back into his "proper" state over the course of the film...

Sounds far-fetched :)  Wasn't Big Chap approaching the end of its lifecycle at the end?

That was the implication at the time, yeah, but the Alien life cycle has since dropped that short lifespan angle so I don't think that original intent would really have any drastic effect on anything here.

Would be a fun callback/nod to that original idea to have the Alien molting/shifting form as the film progresses, though.

Scott Conover

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 08, 2024, 09:26:03 AMI still dont see how a
Spoiler
crashed Weyland-Yutani ship on Earth in the 2070's - 2090's that spills xenomorph eggs into a city environment
[close]
can be connected in any way shape or form to the events of the films.

Sure you can talk cover ups and suchlike, but it would change everything about the original trilogy and I dont think that's a positive thing. They tried it once with AVP as a prequel and the majority of people never took to it.

I dont see the harm in this purely being its own thing. Let it run riot in its own universe using the rich depth of source material available without being bound by the films.

I think it makes total sense. It just needs to be all destroyed by the time the show ends, and someone from Wey Yu puts out a Special Order, and the Orgianl Trilogy continues on like usual.

[cancerblack]

I still feel like anything that puts Aliens on earth prior to the original films (while attempting any connection to them) cheapens Ripleys arc too much. Didn't like it with AvP, we'll see how much connective tissue there is to the franchise at large here I guess.

Local Trouble

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 09, 2024, 11:06:23 PMthe Big Chap being the Xeno from Alien: Romulus, at first seems kind of silly, fan-servicey and breaks the immersion.

It sounds exceedingly cringe.  The majority of this forum will therefore no doubt love it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed