Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,193 times)

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 23, 2024, 12:45:54 AMThe explanation existed in the original, frog DNA.

Yes that is correct, but it wasn't directly linked to why the dinos look different in Jurassic Park (at the time the film was made in 1993, deep research on feathered dinos in the real world was only just beginning). But in Jurassic World that linkage is made specific.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Remember this great scene?

Here's the food! ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Rankles75

Rankles75

Where else can they even go with it at this point?

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

I say reboot and follow the books...make it mature and R rated. Time to do something different then what they have the last three movies.

Scott Conover

Scott Conover

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 05, 2024, 10:42:34 PMhttps://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1754627564034015449

Happy for all the Hobbs & Shaw and Bullet Train heads out there, but I really think this sucks ass. The dude has become the king of making soulless movies that your coworker loves for a month and that you eventually watch three years later on a plane and never think about it again. The dude is Ryan Reynolds-core incarnate.

NGL if Leitch got his hands on an alien movie I think I'd end it all.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Scott Conover on Feb 06, 2024, 01:56:25 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 05, 2024, 10:42:34 PMhttps://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1754627564034015449

Happy for all the Hobbs & Shaw and Bullet Train heads out there, but I really think this sucks ass. The dude has become the king of making soulless movies that your coworker loves for a month and that you eventually watch three years later on a plane and never think about it again. The dude is Ryan Reynolds-core incarnate.

NGL if Leitch got his hands on an alien movie I think I'd end it all.
Granted I'm not sure his resume is appropriate for a JP movie, but Bullet Train, Deadpool 2, and John Wick are fantastic.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

John Wick is great, but given the directions that Chad Stahelski and David Leitch's careers have gone in separately after that movie, I think I'm most comfortable putting a lot of the success of that film on Stahelski rather than Leitch. I'm not a Leitch guy at all; his new one, The Fall Guy, sounds like something that on paper I'd love all the individual parts of, but every time I see that trailer play before a movie at the theater I just find it to be insufferable.

Also, can't help but to be turned off by the super quick turnaround with the July 2025 release date here, too. Those poor VFX artists. And Leitch isn't even 100% on board yet, so either the VFX team hasn't started working yet and it's going to be a ton of crunch for them, or they have started working without a director properly in place, and that means this is going to go the Marvel route of a director jumping in and having a bunch of pre-viz stuff already done for him but overseen by someone else that he has no control over and has to work around/incorporate. Both are... not great options!

I was a bit optimistic about this when Koepp was announced as the writer, and who knows, maybe it might wind up being something good, but this latest bit of news has that excitement waning. I'll go in with an open mind and maybe I'll be surprised, but for now the hype just isn't there.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Feb 06, 2024, 01:43:42 AMI say reboot and follow the books...make it mature and R rated. Time to do something different then what they have the last three movies.

meh! Better a prequel focused on Eddy...

that or a big buget adaptation of

Nightmare Asylum

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 06:01:16 PMhttps://twitter.com/THR/status/1756008693962011098

I like Leitch, didn't want him for this. It's funny... this morning I said that Dan Trachtenberg is really who I want for this but as of a few minutes ago he is working on two new Predator lives  :laugh:

The article mentions the talks fell through over differing visions. I do hope that means Universal doesn't want another loud action movie.. and I hope they hire someone really interesting for this. Gareth Edwards or Gina Prince-Blythewood would be really cool.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

That was fast.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed :o👍

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

My guess is that this...

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 06, 2024, 01:02:01 PMor they have started working without a director properly in place, and that means this is going to go the Marvel route of a director jumping in and having a bunch of pre-viz stuff already done for him but overseen by someone else that he has no control over and has to work around/incorporate.

...did indeed wind up being the case. It has to be the case, if they really do want to get this thing out by July of next year. It also means that they probably aren't going to get a really interesting, innovative filmmaker to come on board, because there's going to be very little room to for them to bring anything of their own to the table. They want a hired gun to go on set and execute their vision and call it a day.

Hell, if that's the case, get Bryce Dallas Howard to direct. She's done some really solid work on The Mandalorian in a tight timeframe, working with material she was handed, and she already has connection to this franchise on the other side of the camera.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I think the novel stinks to be quite honest

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed