Cosmic horror in the Alien franchise

Started by Thatguy2068, Nov 16, 2023, 05:37:56 AM

Author
Cosmic horror in the Alien franchise (Read 8,730 times)

Thatguy2068

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 31, 2023, 11:12:09 PMThe hunt can be more enjoyable than the actual kill.
Sometimes it can be but the Xenomorphs in Alien Isolation just go straight at you full speed ahead. I think there was one point that stompy did this is is when the player gets caught from behind, tries to crawl away but it's gets picked up by the tail.

The Cruentus

I think it is up to interpretation there. Sometimes you are indeed killed outright but sometimes it seems like maybe you are taken to the hive.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 31, 2023, 11:31:25 PMI think it is up to interpretation there. Sometimes you are indeed killed outright but sometimes it seems like maybe you are taken to the hive.
Good point, it can be up for interpretation.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I agree. I really enjoy Isolation and the death sequence always makes me think whether it is killing me or taking me to the hive. (Not including scenes where tails goes through stomach of course lol)

Thatguy2068

unrelated question but do the headbite  realistically kill people or paralyzed them

The Cruentus

It depends on the force used I presune, sometimes it punctures the skull, othertimes it may be nothing more than a bang to the head.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 01, 2024, 12:03:42 AMIt depends on the force used I presune, sometimes it punctures the skull, othertimes it may be nothing more than a bang to the head.
Alright so it possible they can paralyze their victims take it to the hive and use them as host right?

The Cruentus

Maybe, the novel of Aliens actually has it that their tail can induce paralysis in a victim. I mean obvious movie canon comes first but its a nice little tidbit.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Jan 01, 2024, 12:01:45 AMunrelated question but do the headbite  realistically kill people or paralyzed them
Kills, every time.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

It depends. we see the inner jaw come out a few times only for the apparent victim to be hived.

Granted I am going by a avp there such as Veherdien.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on Jan 01, 2024, 12:14:59 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Jan 01, 2024, 12:01:45 AMunrelated question but do the headbite  realistically kill people or paralyzed them
Kills, every time.
Maybe most of the time but not every time, There are even some people who survived headshot. There is even a famous story where this guy survive a f**king pole going through his head and he stay fine for like two years.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 01, 2024, 12:16:38 AMIt depends. we see the inner jaw come out a few times only for the apparent victim to be hived.

Granted I am going by a avp there such as Veherdien.
We don't see the hit. Every time we see the Alien head bite someone they die, no exceptions.

The Cruentus

I do agree that is usually case, but in avp (which is not really canon|)  A few characters seemingly headbitten, show up alive.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 01, 2024, 01:02:43 AMI do agree that is usually case, but in avp (which is not really canon|)  A few characters seemingly headbitten, show up alive.
"Seemingly" is doing the heavy lifting here. They're clearly not actually headbitten.

The Cruentus

Well touched with inner with inner jaw then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed