Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 166,682 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Strongly agree.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I still think we are getting a very loose adaptation of Isolation. Ship finds something, is infected, docks with station for help. Hilarity ensues.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 19, 2023, 08:21:49 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 19, 2023, 08:04:32 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 19, 2023, 06:17:29 PMThat is definitely the simple way to describe the set up for the film before the chaos hits. It's a lot more than that in the final product.

My theory/prediction is that The Company knows that the Romulus is Xeno infested, so they set a trap for these young thieves/salvage crew to board it, so that they can get more data and info regarding the Xenos.

Maybe, they are even monitoring the Romulus station through video camera surveilance, all from the safety of their own offices.

Now, how all of this will connect the prequels with the original movies, beats me.

Hmmm. Interesting and neat idea. Though I feel like we've already seen a situation like that play out with David unleashing the Xeno on The Covenant and watching it from the monitors.

I'd prefer if it went a route we haven't seen and not to retread too closely to what's been done before. I don't want a new movie that just repeats the beats from previous entries. That doesn't make it very "new" in my opinion.

Yes, Covenant did that with David, but the android was literally there on the ship.

My idea would be for The Company to be monitoring the Romulus, but from far away (on another planet or station), just to kind of show the banality of corporate evil and how isolated they are from the actual danger and the atrocities being commited upon innocent people.

But yeah, i agree with you, at the end of the day, i would prefer something that doesn't repeat the beats from previous movies.

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 19, 2023, 08:24:25 PMI still think we are getting a very loose adaptation of Isolation. Ship finds something, is infected, docks with station for help. Hilarity ensues.

There have been some rumours/leaks from PerfectOrganism podcast that mentioned Romulus serving as bridge between the prequels and the originals movies, so i wouldn't be surprised if the Romulus station crew made contact with the Covenant and then brought something back.

Hilarity ensues indeed.

Also, Romulus is most likely a space station, because of this https://www.instagram.com/p/C0XnEauPXxp/

Mike’s Monsters

It'll have a few Isolation influences, but it's not Isolation in story or execution. It's doing its own thing.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 19, 2023, 08:35:26 PMIt'll have a few Isolation influences, but it's not Isolation in story or execution. It's doing its own thing.

Yeah, it seems that way.

PerfectOrganism leaked that the Xeno design would be similar to the one in Alien (1979) and the Stompy from isolation, which is also what Dead by Daylight tried to emulate.

Well, that and the fact that the story will take our characters to a space station.

Hopefully, no Ripley connection though, i would prefer a new bunch of characters with no relation to the past.

But if Romulus does end up being about young thieves, then that is the second time Fede Alavrez uses those typs of a characters for a movie of his, with the first being Don't Breathe.

BlueMarsalis79

Alien Trilogy, interesting phrasing -that I personally like.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

People have spoken of the film opening with some kind of link to Alien and PO said the film starts on a planet then moves to a station so I wonder if those in the Company with knowledge of Special Order 937 have covertly hired a crew of misfits to check out the Nostromo's last known positon at LV-426.

I'd say we are either going back to the Derelict or its the Covenant as the source of the creatures. Given the timeline placement im not sure i'd want the Alien coming from another source.

I think putting a face to those behind Special Order 937 would be a cool link to the first film without being too on the nose.

Mike’s Monsters

Where did PO leak the design? Because I know they haven't seen it yet. They were quite surprised to know that I had when I spoke with them over the summer. I've hinted at design over the last year, but avoided giving all the details on what it looks like. It's not exactly what people are thinking.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 19, 2023, 08:39:56 PMPeople have spoken of the film opening with some kind of link to Alien and PO said the film starts on a planet then moves to a station so I wonder if those in the Company with knowledge of Special Order 937 have covertly hired a crew of misfits to check out the Nostromo's last known positon at LV-426.

I'd say we are either going back to the Derelict or its the Covenant as the source of the creatures. Given the timeline placement im not sure i'd want the Alien coming from another source.

I think putting a face to those behind Special Order 937 would be a cool link to the first film without being too on the nose.

I can see the Covenant being mentioned, but i doubt it would be shown.

The Covenant's aesthetic doesn't match the retro cassete futurism that Fede Alvarez is trying to bring back to the franchise again.

I can see something happening like this, a character representing The Company could give some exposition regarding how Weyland has been setting traps for its employees all over the known cosmos, in hopes of getting them to come into contact with the Xeno species and become data for their investigations.

Perhaps, they can refer to the Covenant ship has one of those traps (although that is more of David thing).

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 19, 2023, 08:42:50 PMWhere did PO leak the design? Because I know they haven't seen it yet. They were quite surprised to know that I had when I spoke with them over the summer. I've hinted at design over the last year, but avoided giving all the details on what it looks like. It's not exactly what people are thinking.

They didn't leak the design persay, but in their instagram account, which is where they share their scoops, they mentioned that the Xeno from Romulus will be inspired by the original movie and Alien Isolation.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 19, 2023, 08:42:50 PMWhere did PO leak the design? Because I know they haven't seen it yet. They were quite surprised to know that I had when I spoke with them over the summer. I've hinted at design over the last year, but avoided giving all the details on what it looks like. It's not exactly what people are thinking.

Your mysterious comments continue to both intrigue and frustrate me hahaha, but honestly, i'm glad.

Even though i want the Xeno to go back to its biomechanical roots, i still love to see some slight variations in its design.

It helps make every movie feel different from one another, when you have the perfect organism adapt to whatever the movie needs it to be.

Also, if Alavrez brought Dane Hallett on board, i doubt he would have him just copypaste the Big Chap and be done with it.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Yes I appreciate the hints you provide without necessarily spoiling anything. It keeps the intrigue going during this dry spell.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

We haven't seen this Xeno before and it's not copy and pasted. That doesn't mean it's a departure into unfamiliar territory either. It's being made by some of the best or the best in the industry too, who all have a lot of love for the original designs and what has worked in the franchise. I personally feel like the design tapped into everything that's worked and applied into one killer beast.

But how it's executed is the big thing that could ruin it all, and only the final film will give us that answer.

From my understanding too, Dane Hallett wasn't much of a say on anything. He was just another cog in a majorly talented team of designers to create for the film. It's not like he was a lead or anything. Dane is extremely talented, but also makes it sound like he does all the designing for the films on social media from his postings, which is far from the case.

BlueMarsalis79

I imagine it is inspired by the Alien³ design to some degree anyway because Fede Alvarez inquired about that one, I imagine it is either comparable to that or Aliens considering the team working on this. But with a completely new aspect.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 19, 2023, 08:52:51 PMYes I appreciate the hints you provide without necessarily spoiling anything. It keeps the intrigue going during this dry spell.

Yeah and it keeps the community to stay somewhat alive and fresh.

Also, i think we got our first my dad works at Nintendo comment for Romulus.

This is from the r/LV-426.

"I was just at a party this past weekend and talked with a friend of mine who is a vfx guy working on it. He was mum on anything (was hesitant to even mention the title until I threw it out there and he said he wasn't even sure if it was announced).. but yeah he did say he's working on a new alien film that takes place between alien and aliens.

I can say he shares the opinion that prometheus and covenant shat the bed and this is not that. when he said "its pretty cool" i got the sense that he was not shitting me.
"

Well, either way, i hope it's true and good.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 19, 2023, 08:55:21 PMBut how it's executed is the big thing that could ruin it all, and only the final film will give us that answer.

Obviously, i don't know how it looks, but one thing that has always irked me in the practicall effects of the Xenos... were the legs.

The legs always break my immersion and make it feel like a man in a rubber suit to me, so in my perfect delulu world, the Legacy Effects team would strive to something bolder and more ambitious with its legs, perhaps something like Stompy.

Is that easy? Probably not hahaha, especially because of how practical effects heavy Fede Alavrez is, so a Stompy-legs like Xeno would probably need some sort of CGI enhancement, which is something that Fede doesn't seem to be a fan of.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 19, 2023, 08:55:24 PMBut with a completely new aspect

Maybe, this is just me, but i always wanted to see a Xeno drone with some sort of tendrils or soemthing that would make it seem as some sort of pubic hair on its phalic head.

Disgusting and creepy? Yes, but perhaps a little too over the top in a live-action setting.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aliens-Rogue-Remastered-Dark-Horse/dp/1569712670

Like this Xeno from the Rogue comicbook, i think these tendrils could work.

BlueMarsalis79

I was more thinking, more human like qualities, not a cheap gimmick like hair or dreads.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 19, 2023, 09:16:28 PMI was more thinking, more human like qualities, not a cheap gimmick like hair or dreads.

Xeno magnum dong?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed