Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,523,924 times)

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

All right guys I'm going to the movies to watch -1, hope for the best. Been hearing a lot of great things about this.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

8/10 what a phenomenal movie

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

RIP Heisei era suit actor Kenpachiro Satsuma.

Stitch

Stitch

Went to see Minus One last night. What a movie. Absolutely fantastic, and would work just as well with any other threat than Godzilla, because the human storyline is good and relatable.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Here is my spoiler-free review of Godzilla Minus One. Can't wait to see it again in IMAX.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

God help me, I'm trying to finish the anime trilogy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 17, 2023, 05:06:06 PMGod help me, I'm trying to finish the anime trilogy.

I will say, the third one is the best... so at least it gets better as it goes? Cool cosmic horror take on Ghidorah in it.

But yeah, praying for you, the trilogy is... not great!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rewatched the first and watched the second. It feels like Urobuchi had a script or concept lying around and Toho said "We'll make this if you do something Godzilla with it." The second was a bit better but they really don't do much with any of the ideas on display.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Never seen a Godzilla film before, think I might have spoilt myself on this, if it is the best one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So, Planet Eater... Ghidorah was indeed very cool, but the overall movie didn't wow me. And the ending and cringe ant-technology/civilization message were awful.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

At least we got Singular Point to make up for this trilogy, on the anime front!

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

I'm still holding out hope (cope) for the Evangelion x Godzilla crossover to get a series or short, rather than just being used for a temporary ride and a pachinko game  :'(

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 18, 2023, 12:32:06 AMNever seen a Godzilla film before, think I might have spoilt myself on this, if it is the best one.
Just because it's really good (possibly the best), doesn't mean the other ones aren't good. Just remember that any Big G film you see from before Minus One is leading up to it, and think of them like building blocks, forming a foundation.

nanison

nanison

I greatly prefer the darker godzilla films like the original, godzilla 2014, Shin Godzilla and Giant Monsters all out attack.

Eventually somehow I will get to see Minus One

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed