Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,524,204 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 13, 2023, 10:26:22 PMMy spoiler free impressions on Godzilla: Minus One and my red carpet experience.

Can't wait to watch it...

Getting emotional for the human characters...thats interesting. Godzilla films have a reputation of weak cardboard human characters just standing around gawking at the giant kaijus. I always felt that reputation isn't entirely fair, the very first Godzilla film had Serizawa struggling with the dilemma of whether to use his oxygen destroyer to kill Godzilla. But it is true most other Godzilla movies (including the monsterverse films) had relatively thin human characters.

So if you are correct, it is perfectly possible to have a Godzilla movie that have the big G and strong human characters the audience can care for.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I'd say if this were a Hollywood production, we'd hear about awards possibilities for the lead actor and maybe production design. This is a top tier, cinematic production. The lifelong Godzilla fan in me is still baffled we have a movie of this high of quality. Shin Godzilla was good, but this is on another level.

ace3g

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's just the first two episodes today, right?

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 17, 2023, 08:39:41 PMIt's just the first two episodes today, right?

It is, and I really am quite interested in seeing the direction to where it is going. Without going into spoilers, they managed to really inject some nice claustrophobic tension and horror in episode 2.

Also....

Raw Thrills To Launch Godzilla Kaiju Wars VR At IAAPA 2023

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 15, 2023, 09:23:49 PMI'd say if this were a Hollywood production, we'd hear about awards possibilities for the lead actor and maybe production design. This is a top tier, cinematic production. The lifelong Godzilla fan in me is still baffled we have a movie of this high of quality. Shin Godzilla was good, but this is on another level.

Wow, that is high praise indeed. I wonder if it has any chance to get nominated for Oscar best foreign film...if it is as good as you say, certainly it deserves to be nominated at least. Of course, there are many worthy films that the Academy has overlooked...hope Minus One really is on the level that the Academy will pay attention to.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

I love that poster! its like abstract in a sense that it works even on its own to convey something eerie. Imagine an asteroid that looked like that? It would be terrifying.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Absolutely loved the first couple episodes of Monarch; this is leaps and bounds above most other media tie-in TV shows. Doing the exact kind of genre conspiracy bullshit (a la The X-Files) that I just totally eat up, and applying it to a franchise/sub-genre that I'm already incredibly attached to.

Cannot wait to see where this all goes in the coming weeks.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

So is it ok to like past MV movies, I get they aren't masterpieces and I mainly watch them for the actions but there's nothing wrong with that right?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Why do you care what anyone else thinks?

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 19, 2023, 08:45:53 AMWhy do you care what anyone else thinks?
I don't know I'm just asking for permission to like these films.

I haven't answered your question, sorry about that. I care about other peoples opinions because I don't want to feel ashamed for liking a movie

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If you don't care about their opinions, you can't feel ashamed for liking things, though.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 19, 2023, 09:26:51 AMIf you don't care about their opinions, you can't feel ashamed for liking things, though.

https://i.gyazo.com/d0ac57bfdd6e3db8bcf69dbf6f843539.png
Yeah I get that, hey I gotta stop caring about other people's opinions this isn't the first time that I asked about this question. I say all the time but I need to stop caring about other people's opinions but I still start caring nonetheless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed