I hate Alien Covenant

Started by GetThat81, Aug 11, 2023, 02:40:44 AM

Author
I hate Alien Covenant (Read 12,790 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 03, 2023, 06:30:33 PMI hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it.

Ohh wow! :o👆

Local Trouble

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

I loved the film like I loved the Passion of the Christ. Are you saying its not on par with the Passion?

kwisatz

kwisatz

BigChapismyBestFriend

David Weyland

David Weyland

One thing i speculate about incubation time is the Facehugger implantation variations.

I like to think the facehugger in Alien stayed on Kane's face longer than Oram or Lope in AC, due to the eggs being in stasis on lv426 for a period of time, so the metabolism of its purpose was slower.

It's funny at the dinner before Kane chestbusts that Ash is observing Kane closely as if he's waiting for it to happen at any moment.

In Aliens, the incubation time of the first face hugging of Newts Dad might have taken as long as Kane but a few more face huggings after and the Queen & nest established, the incubation period then speeds up a bit again.

Of note in Alien 3 is the Queen incubation time in Ripley that we see takes a week. I thought maybe the hypersleep Ripley was under at the time would have had an effect but as the source of the egg in Sulaco is a unsolved mystery hard to say

The creatures in the prequels you could argue are 1st generation, fresh from the source & potent with the black goo so their incubation periods and growth rates are much quicker as a result

S.E.B.

S.E.B.

I don't hate it. I just find it to be a missed opportunity, and I don't like the way they introduced the capital A Alien (or protomorph or whatever they call it).

I actually prefer ALIEN: COVENANT over PROMETHEUS.

SM

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think the score's superb.

SM

SM

I loved Goldsmith's material get more of a workout than it did in Alien. And the original stuff is nice too.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The repurposed Alien: Covenant score is the only thing that grabbed my attention in the dreadful A Quiet Place trailers.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Nov 01, 2023, 06:39:07 PMWorst scene in the entire movie. Its suppose to be what? Heartwarming? That music track during this scene. the esthetic of the mini-xeno. Makes utter no sense to me. The rest of the film is absolutely memorable as hell though.
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 29, 2023, 12:20:56 AM

What a cool movie.

In Alien it's horrific from the crew's perspective. In Covenant it's beautiful from David's POV. I thought it was a nice touch. It also works well because of the juxtaposition, which is sort of akin to the romantic score when Dallas is in the vents in Alien, for instance.

TC

TC

Not a big fan of the spindly Mini Chap (miniature Big Chap). I far prefer the traditional and brutal-looking chestburster.

TC

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed