Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut

Started by Darkoo, Oct 16, 2023, 07:29:19 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut (Read 27,433 times)

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 22, 2023, 06:56:01 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Oct 22, 2023, 06:40:52 PMI wouldn't mind exploring a "ancient ones" kind of supernatural with Alien, as long as it comes from the aliens itself and it's very grounded, a bit like what Dark Descent did
This. Making xenomorph Origins being so much supernatural makes them more mysterious and A bit of cosmic horror if you think of it.

No, thanks. The Xenomorph and the Fulfremmen (and by extension the Living Proto-Hive) are biological, biomechanical creations.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Oct 22, 2023, 07:34:50 PMAnd people are allowed to not like them.

Certainly. And I'm all about that poor taste. Kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the "insensitive" part though, imo.

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 22, 2023, 07:33:43 PMWait you have autism too?

Yes. I'm pretty good at masking at this point, although it takes a big toll on my mental energy and morale.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 22, 2023, 07:42:25 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 22, 2023, 07:34:50 PMAnd people are allowed to not like them.

Certainly. And I'm all about that poor taste. Kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the "insensitive" part though, imo.

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 22, 2023, 07:33:43 PMWait you have autism too?

Yes. I'm pretty good at masking at this point, although it takes a big toll on my mental energy and morale.
I'm sorry to hear that man.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 22, 2023, 12:31:47 PM

P. S. Using musical phrases for controlling tech is completely possible. Not really practical, but we could do this today if we wanted to.

skhellter

they only use the flute once.
Felt more like it was a password or sorts.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 22, 2023, 11:21:42 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 22, 2023, 12:31:47 PM

P. S. Using musical phrases for controlling tech is completely possible. Not really practical, but we could do this today if we wanted to.

"Alexa, prepare my pathogen bomber for takeoff."

zak098

How do you think Fede Alvarez sent this film to Ridley Scott? Was Romulus delivered on Blu-ray or in some other form?

BenditlikeBeckum

It could have been like how vikings sound the horn  before invading. But in this case it may just signify ones own personal identifier. Because when you're all clones you need something to tell each other apart especially when using a complex computer system.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 23, 2023, 02:33:46 PMHow do you think Fede Alvarez sent this film to Ridley Scott? Was Romulus delivered on Blu-ray or in some other form?

Most likely a hard drive with the film on it that was brought to Ridley's office.
My girlfriend works for a studio and is the runner for getting early cuts to other studios for review. It's usually just on a physical hard drive or drive of some kind.

zak098

How do you think Fede Alvarez sent this film to Ridley Scott? Was Romulus delivered on Blu-ray or in some other form?

SM

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 17, 2023, 11:11:17 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 17, 2023, 10:27:08 AM
Quote from: Darkoo on Oct 16, 2023, 07:29:19 PMFede Alvarez finished the directors cut a week ago.
The conversation about Alien starts at 18:30
https://youtu.be/z592chAts8I?si=oa7CYkSp7kZGmaif

The link isn't working now. Is it this? -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z592chAts8I

That's the one.  It was an unlisted upload yesterday; maybe it was accidentally shared slightly too early.

Interesting tidbits from the conversation (around at 52:48)
When Del Toro ask Alverez what part do you enjoy the most
Fede mention how he usually come up with the story with his co-writer and friend Rodo and how they  liked this  process on Evil Dead and on Aliens.
It seems He's reffering his Alien movie as Aliens. So maybe the official title will be Aliens related.

Ingwar

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 25, 2023, 02:41:21 AMHow do you think Fede Alvarez sent this film to Ridley Scott? Was Romulus delivered on Blu-ray or in some other form?

Does it matter?

zak098

Out of curiosity, I wanted to find out because since the film is already ready and Fede sent it to Ridley on disc, I could watch it myself in my home cinema, instead of waiting for the premiere, maybe Fede should send every fan of the Alien series the Blu-ray with Romulus.

Unless the film is not ready yet and has a raw version without music.

Acid_Reign161

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed