Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut

Started by Darkoo, Oct 16, 2023, 07:29:19 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut (Read 27,412 times)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 25, 2023, 06:31:39 PMOut of curiosity, I wanted to find out because since the film is already ready and Fede sent it to Ridley on disc, I could watch it myself in my home cinema, instead of waiting for the premiere, maybe Fede should send every fan of the Alien series the Blu-ray with Romulus.

Unless the film is not ready yet and has a raw version without music.

Sure.

An actual physical copy of a major, multimillion-dollar film set for theatrical release next year is going to be shipped to you especially so you can watch it on your home entertainment rig.

There is an actual possibility that that could happen.

SM

Sadly it's the wrong region code.

SiL

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 25, 2023, 06:31:39 PMOut of curiosity, I wanted to find out because since the film is already ready and Fede sent it to Ridley on disc, I could watch it myself in my home cinema, instead of waiting for the premiere, maybe Fede should send every fan of the Alien series the Blu-ray with Romulus.

This is a strange theme to troll on.

zak098

zak098

I can't wait for the premiere of Romulus, so now that it's ready, I'd like to see at least the trailer.
It is not written anywhere what the budget will be, I assume it will be at a similar level to The Creator by Gareth Edwards.

There is no Region code for 4K Blu-ray discs from the US for Europe, only 2K has regionization.

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Oct 25, 2023, 07:19:25 PM

Sure.

An actual physical copy of a major, multimillion-dollar film set for theatrical release next year is going to be shipped to you especially so you can watch it on your home entertainment rig.

My home entertainment equipment, as it is called, is not ordinary, it cost a mere 60,000 Euro, so it is definitely not an ordinary home cinema that can be found in every second house on the street.

I simply have a great love for the movie Alien and that's why I built this cinema room.

SM

If it cost that much they should hand you a copy of the movie post-haste.

zak098

Unfortunately, a good cinema costs so much, there are even more expensive ones, from 100,000 euros and up, it is also possible to make a good home cinema in the range of 10-20,000 euros, but I wanted something better, and anyway, I build cinema rooms in houses every day. single-family homes for very wealthy people.

It's been 9 years since I played Alien Isolation on PS4 and I still remember it, sneaking through the corridors, the music, the fear that was everywhere, it still plays great to this day. Do you think Romulus will refer to the style of fear of Isolation?

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 25, 2023, 06:31:39 PMUnless the film is not ready yet and has a raw version without music.
A cut of the film means exactly that. And they probably delivered it in a ziplock bag wrapped in tin foil. Do you know why? Because I'm exaggerating its rawness.

kwisatz

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 26, 2023, 09:45:38 PMI can't wait for the premiere of Romulus, so now that it's ready, I'd like to see at least the trailer.
It is not written anywhere what the budget will be, I assume it will be at a similar level to The Creator by Gareth Edwards.

There is no Region code for 4K Blu-ray discs from the US for Europe, only 2K has regionization.

Sure.

My home entertainment equipment, as it is called, is not ordinary, it cost a mere 60,000 Euro, so it is definitely not an ordinary home cinema that can be found in every second house on the street.

I simply have a great love for the movie Alien and that's why I built this cinema room.

I can confirm and promise to you that the film is not at all near ready for public viewing. Ridley saw a rough cut and no one else is seeing it for a while.

I'm very curious how and why you think you'd be able to get access to the film early? Is this something that you have happen to you regularly?

PAS Spinelli

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 26, 2023, 09:45:38 PMI can't wait for the premiere of Romulus, so now that it's ready, I'd like to see at least the trailer.

Sure.

You're absolutely right. Your home entertainment rig should guarantee you the rights to see major studio releases a year in advance! I don't know what I was thinking...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Oct 27, 2023, 04:10:36 AMi think he's joking

It's hard to tell the difference between banter and arrogant bragging with the language gaps between western, central and eastern europe a lot of the time.

I reckon this guy might be a mix of both honestly.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 27, 2023, 09:19:17 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Oct 27, 2023, 04:10:36 AMi think he's joking

It's hard to tell the difference between banter and arrogant bragging with the language gaps between western, central and eastern europe a lot of the time.
are you /srs or /j

zak098

This is not bragging, I thought that fans of these Alien films are people who have these films on BD discs and watch them on the highest quality equipment, not on 55-inch TVs. Only on huge cinema screens with super high-end projectors.

Do any of you know what class this projector is and have you had contact with the JVC brand https://www.projectorcentral.com/JVC-DLA-RS3100.htm

Local Trouble

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 27, 2023, 03:48:32 PMThis is not bragging, I thought that fans of these Alien films are people who have these films on BD discs and watch them on the highest quality equipment, not on 55-inch TVs. Only on huge cinema screens with super high-end projectors.

A fellow wine-drinker, I see.  Welcome to the elite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed