Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 166,976 times)

Scott Conover

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Sep 24, 2023, 08:14:52 AM
Quote from: Scott Conover on Sep 24, 2023, 07:03:46 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 22, 2023, 12:55:30 PMWhen could we expect a teaser trailer?

My guess would be Alien Day 2024

Well, that was supposed to be the release date for the Film Franchise Encyclopedia, so 20th Century Sandwich are gonna need something to replace it.

Is that not still coming out then? I haven't heard anything about further delays

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Scott Conover on Sep 24, 2023, 08:43:47 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Sep 24, 2023, 08:14:52 AM
Quote from: Scott Conover on Sep 24, 2023, 07:03:46 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 22, 2023, 12:55:30 PMWhen could we expect a teaser trailer?

My guess would be Alien Day 2024

Well, that was supposed to be the release date for the Film Franchise Encyclopedia, so 20th Century Sandwich are gonna need something to replace it.

Is that not still coming out then? I haven't heard anything about further delays

It's been shoved back to next September.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Glad to see the re-emergence of the Alien Day

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 25, 2023, 07:03:12 AMGlad to see the re-emergence of the Alien Day

Had a blast this year seeing Aliens at the cinema. I owe it to this forum, of course!

Corporal Hicks

It's been a good few years since we had a good Alien Day tbf, I'd love to see them capitalize on it again this year with some Romulus coverage. Alien Day the year Covenant came out was great.

PAS Spinelli

This year has been great for Alien so far, with Dark Descent, the DBD Chapter and stuff

Nightmare Asylum

With Romulus coming in August of next year, it would be a fun idea to do a more widespread re-release of Alien for Alien Day next year. Get it on people's minds again.

I've only gotten to see Alien on the big screen once, for the 40th Anniversary. And I haven't seen Aliens at all...

Corporal Hicks

They do it every single year over my side of the pond.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 25, 2023, 11:23:37 AMThis year has been great for Alien so far, with Dark Descent, the DBD Chapter and stuff

There's been a whole lotta not-great stuff either, namely the novels, and both the Film Franchise Encyclopedia and Building Better Worlds being delayed.

Whether Romulus fits into the latter category or the former is yet to be decided.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Sep 25, 2023, 12:24:53 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 25, 2023, 11:23:37 AMThis year has been great for Alien so far, with Dark Descent, the DBD Chapter and stuff

There's been a whole lotta not-great stuff either, namely the novels, and both the Film Franchise Encyclopedia and Building Better Worlds being delayed.

Whether Romulus fits into the latter category or the former is yet to be decided.
True, but I'd argue games are a bit more important than those since they are more mainstream, a sign that the franchise is making it's way back up

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2023, 11:43:11 AMThey do it every single year over my side of the pond.

It's rare here, and the only screening I did manage to get to was ruined by Peter Jackson deciding his renovated movie theatre should sell chips and "classy" popcorn in insanely noisy foil bags everyone was ripping open and crinkling through the entire thing.

Scott Conover

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2023, 11:43:11 AMThey do it every single year over my side of the pond.

Yeah here down under I feel like the first two get screened at least 6 times a year. Even went to a screening of all Alien/Predator films the other month

Still Collating...

He really chose the best, not a single thing I disapprove of, and am a bit surprised how deep he went in with the research knowing most directors (if this is not just superficial pandering), but by seeing this, it gets me even more excited!

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I wonder if we'll see a Working Joe in this film?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed