Prey
0 (0%)
AVP
8 (19.5%)
AVPR
23 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
AVPGALAXYS most HATED Alien/Predator/AVP film (Read 4,766 times)

xShadowFoxX

I voted Covenant mostly due to the direction it took the Aliens. Like, that was an awful, awful direction. I do consider The Predator to be a much worse film but I'm indifferent to that at this point in time.

Kimarhi

I can stand covenant just because even though David created those Aliens, he could've just been following somebody else's blueprints.  I don't remember it being said he created THE Alien.  Especially since they were hinted at in the capsule room in Prometheus. 

But..........its been years since I watched either. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 17, 2023, 05:40:19 AMI can stand covenant just because even though David created those Aliens, he could've just been following somebody else's blueprints.  I don't remember it being said he created THE Alien.

There have been apocalyptic battles fought between Xenomrph and SiL on that very topic in the past, but their wounds run deep and they don't talk about it anymore.

SiL

The film itself says he makes the Alien.

There's room for later stories to say he didn't.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Yea, just the way the film is shot and the tone of it very much tells the viewers that David created the Aliens. Like, that's Scott's choice and it is awful. Authors try to fix it in later stories but the damage is already done because those stories and possibly future films are likely going to be anchored by Covenant. Like, the rest of the film is just ultimately mediocre with forgettable idiot characters. And I consider mediocre films to be the worst kind of thing, because even tho The Predator is a fundamentally worse film, it is much more memorable for some if not most fans, in an eye rolling way.

Should also say that I really hate the idea of the Jockies being bald men in suits.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 17, 2023, 05:40:19 AMI can stand covenant just because even though David created those Aliens, he could've just been following somebody else's blueprints.  I don't remember it being said he created THE Alien.  Especially since they were hinted at in the capsule room in Prometheus. 

iirc that WAS the intention, that he followed a blueprint but couldn't perfectly recreate it, with the novel and early script having a scene with him showing the blueprint to someone else, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure a scene about this was shot but got cut

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 19, 2023, 10:55:54 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 17, 2023, 05:40:19 AMI can stand covenant just because even though David created those Aliens, he could've just been following somebody else's blueprints.  I don't remember it being said he created THE Alien.  Especially since they were hinted at in the capsule room in Prometheus. 

iirc that WAS the intention, that he followed a blueprint but couldn't perfectly recreate it, with the novel and early script having a scene with him showing the blueprint to someone else, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure a scene about this was shot but got cut

The novel's presentation of that scene of Foster's own invention, with him setting out to contradict the intent of Scott/the script in that detail.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 19, 2023, 11:10:00 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 19, 2023, 10:55:54 PM

The novel's presentation of that scene of Foster's own invention, with him setting out to contradict the intent of Scott/the script in that detail.
What a f**king king then

Corporal Hicks

I did a big ass article/video about this a year or so ago.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-covenant/alien-creation-controversy/

or in video

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2023, 07:15:19 AMI did a big ass article/video about this a year or so ago.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-covenant/alien-creation-controversy/

or in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YypOJvThyqk

Very good video. I do like that there's this wiggle room there and I'm wondering how Alien Romulus will handle it if it at all tackles that aspect.

Serpico Jones

The highlight of my night watching Covenant was when I tripped and fell on my ass in the theater.

Exposedoldgregg

I'm honestly surprised Resurrection hasn't gotten more votes. Though not The Predator level it is easily the one I go back and watch the least.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Exposedoldgregg on Sep 13, 2023, 12:15:04 PMI'm honestly surprised Resurrection hasn't gotten more votes. Though not The Predator level it is easily the one I go back and watch the least.
It doesn't ruin any of the other movies since it's so far in the future

littlesprout

Exactly, like a certain film that thought it was a good idea to have a Predator killer suit, mega predator, predator dogs, and predators dressed as US soldiers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed