Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 167,414 times)

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Yeah, at the end of the day, good pratical effects won't make a good story or not.

But people seem to be excited about Fede's pitch/premise too, although they can't really discuss because of spoilers and possibly NDAs.

The movie will also get a theatrical release (after what we thought would go straight to streaming), so the studio seems to have some sort of confidence in it.

As long as Fede's movie manages to be a solid horror movie (in a scifi setting) with interesting and believable character/dynamics, while not treating the Xeno as a generic monster, then i am good.

I already have faith in the production aspects of the movie, such as cinematography, soundtrack, etc, so all i need is a plot that feels deserving of Fede's talents as a horror director.

hamilton_milo

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jun 19, 2023, 06:09:17 PM
Quote from: hamilton_milo on Jun 19, 2023, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jun 19, 2023, 05:10:21 PMIt's a collaborative project, but Legacy is the main house on the project. It's quite beautiful what they made.

Take it you've seen BTS of the Alien costume for this project etc.?

I saw the thing with my own eyes. I visited Legacy last year.

Very cool! So now the news is out are you allowed to say what Alec Gillis' involvement is if Legacy are responsible for big chap?

Necronomicon II

I wouldn't count on that. 🤐

And yeah I only know the premise and a couple of other things, nothing more. The proof will be in the pudding in the end.

PortugueseXeno

Btw, just out of curiosity.

There seems to be a lot of people here that have some sort of insider knowledge, which has lead to the reveals of the movie being set between Alien/Aliens, the xeno design being similar to the Big Chap/Stompy and now the team behind the practical effetcs.

my question is, do you people have more inside info, on standby, waiting to be revealed (as soon as the people behind the production give you permission) or do you simply choose when you can reveal these details on your time and terms in order to give the fandom some sort of feedback/activity every now and then?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 20, 2023, 10:22:45 AMThe proof will be in the pudding in the end.

Alien: Pudding ?

Necronomicon II

You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them f**king each other over for a goddamn pudding.

hamilton_milo

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 20, 2023, 10:22:45 AMI wouldn't count on that. 🤐

And yeah I only know the premise and a couple of other things, nothing more. The proof will be in the pudding in the end.

I think I can relax now in all honesty. I'm happy to hear Legacy have had a crack at the Alien. Even though the possibility of this was probably 3%, I was torturing myself a little bit thinking as Gillis is involved, "what if they recycle the Resurrection moulds and use them again?"  :laugh:

I was disappointed to hear Odd aren't coming back, but I'm hugely relieved by comments by those who are in the know in the past 24 hours. Sounds like some cool shit is in store.

Mike’s Monsters

I'm not allowed to say who did how much, or really even describe what I saw. NDA big time over here. Technically I shouldn't even say I saw the thing, but with the news out there it's hard to keep quiet. In all honesty, I don't think this news should be out yet. This case is a fansite getting the scoop and wanting those first clicks. A lot of us have known for a while and have kept it under wraps, and some of us know even more too. All info will come out in due time.

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

Any official images been released yet?

BlueMarsalis79

Stitch

Stitch

I guess now we know that the next one will be called Remus

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 21, 2023, 06:20:40 PMI guess now we know that the next one will be called Remus

Not if Romulus has already killed him...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed