Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,983 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 27, 2022, 09:30:31 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 26, 2022, 11:56:29 PMThis bit in an early draft of the first movie... Chris Pratt antics decades early.  :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/RZ5OPha.png
Only just seen this post, 3 months late. That's got to be from Crichton's first draft of the script because that's pretty much taken straight from the novel.

I forget if it's the Crichton draft or the Marmo draft.

razeak

razeak

I don't know if I chimed in after seeing Dominion at the theater. It's garbage. So bad.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: razeak on Nov 27, 2022, 10:43:27 PMI don't know if I chimed in after seeing Dominion at the theater. It's garbage. So bad.
It is. And yet I've still ordered the Blu-ray. In 3D.

I'm hoping that the extended version, along with the 3D-ness might improve my feelings on it, if only in terms of the wow factor.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 29, 2022, 02:35:41 PM
Quote from: razeak on Nov 27, 2022, 10:43:27 PMI don't know if I chimed in after seeing Dominion at the theater. It's garbage. So bad.

I'm hoping that the extended version, along with the 3D-ness might improve my feelings on it, if only in terms of the wow factor.

I know that the prologue scene that was cut from the theatrical cut for some reason is included in the extended version, and is legit better than the rest of the film imo lol.
I feel like if it was included in the theatrical it would have slightly improved my feelings on the film...but probably only slightly.

nanison

nanison

A longer film won't make the set pieces more suspenseful, it just adds runtime for characters you already don't care for.

razeak

razeak

Owen grabbing the Dilophosaur by the neck........

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: nanison on Nov 30, 2022, 12:50:34 AMA longer film won't make the set pieces more suspenseful, it just adds runtime for characters you already don't care for.
Yeah. Hence why I'm hoping the 3D will bring a thrill, because I know the locusts won't.

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

Man what I would do to get my hands on these...

By the way if anyone is a fan of the toy line and does not know about jptoys.com. You can check this archive here its really cool.

http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/index.php

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

ace3g

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Nov 29, 2022, 03:49:34 PM

I know that the prologue scene that was cut from the theatrical cut for some reason is included in the extended version, and is legit better than the rest of the film imo lol.
I feel like if it was included in the theatrical it would have slightly improved my feelings on the film...but probably only slightly.

There also is the Rex rampaging the drive in theater that was like in all the promos and ads, but was cut from the theatrical edition..

Still despite the additions, I fall asleep on Dominion 9 out of 10 times I watch it. Its too long with too much schlock.

In other JPwards, I celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the best installment on June 11th.

I also got myself some 30th Anniversary collectables like the Spitter/Dilphosaurus Kenner remake by Hasbro.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jun 19, 2023, 07:29:08 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Nov 29, 2022, 03:49:34 PM

There also is the Rex rampaging the drive in theater that was like in all the promos and ads, but was cut from the theatrical edition..

Still despite the additions, I fall asleep on Dominion 9 out of 10 times I watch it. Its too long with too much schlock.

In other JPwards, I celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the best installment on June 11th.

I also got myself some 30th Anniversary collectables like the Spitter/Dilphosaurus Kenner remake by Hasbro.
All of the Kenner remake toys from Mattel are fantastic. I recently got the Red Rex, she rules. The only way they could have improved her would be to include the actual roar the old toy made in the rotation of roars the new toy makes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed