Gladiator II

Started by Ingwar, Nov 01, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Author
Gladiator II (Read 51,860 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Hopefully movie will be as huge (quality wise) as the set itself.

nanison

nanison

Man I'm getting goosebumps already, I love these epics that transport us back to ancient times

nanison

nanison

This is real filmmaking guys, big expansive hand made sets!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Some chariots, cages and fake horses on the Moroccan set in last photograph of this Instagram post. Also looks like a wooden siege tower and a battering-ram-tortoise in the second pic.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteIt's all action at #Gladiator2 set in Morocco

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Another photo of the desert fortification set, siege tower and ram tortoise in Morocco. I'm guessing there might be a battle scene filmed here:

Quite a large building for the film still under construction in Malta:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Battle scene? Yes please.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It would have to have a battle scene. The original had one and every single of Scott's historical epics had battle scenes.

Looks like the filming in Malta will run from mid June to mid September. Slightly longer than the previous estimate from The Malta Times. And about two weeks in Morocco.

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 01, 2023, 08:31:23 PMBattle scene? Yes please.

Emperor Septimius Severus died while on campaign in Britannia. Wonder if they are perhaps not going to change the campaign setting to North Africa? Haven't seen any indication that they are planning to film anywhere in the UK, or any other location that might stand in for the British isles?

Ingwar

Ingwar

I haven't heard anything yet and I find it unlikely to be honest. It's very expensive production and shooting battle scenes somewhere in Europe that could mimic Britain would add an extra cost. But who knows.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I don't think those signs are working...

Looks like filming taking place at the desert fortress?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hope Proximo makes an appearance.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wonder if those giraffes ever ended up mating.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Dozens of new high-res photos of the Arena set in Morroco. They're busy adding the finer detail to it now:

https://twitter.com/BobDiddict/status/1666748076399157249

https://twitter.com/BobDiddict/status/1666721881700040704

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed