What is your top 5 fave films?

Started by nanison, May 12, 2023, 06:48:43 PM

Author
What is your top 5 fave films? (Read 2,468 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Matriarch on May 14, 2023, 10:53:35 AMI did not expect to see Tetsuo on here! Such a strange film, that soundtrack is absolutely bitching though.
The soundtrack is on frequent rotation!

Ingwar

Ingwar

Top 5? I don't think I could make such a list but I can give you number one ...

kwisatz

kwisatz

Flesh+Blood right?

Ingwar

Ingwar

nanison

nanison

Quote from: kwisatz on May 14, 2023, 09:25:08 PMFlesh+Blood right?

Hold on! This is one of my faves...

Local Trouble

Quote from: nanison on May 14, 2023, 12:47:42 PMThe opening half hour in ROTJ is the best Star Wars has ever been, especially Leia!

Yeah.  So great. ::)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Eeehh not sure that's actually fair..

Local Trouble

The special editions were f**king travesties in general, but ROTJ was already a muppet show before then.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ok.. I think I pretty much like everything Jabba's Palace, especially for its over the top weirdness (although yeah I kinda prefer Cantina too). It just turns shit with the Sail Barge imo, the action scenes in particular are ludicrously bad there.

I guess though overall it's a fine line tastewise hm --

nanison

nanison

I never saw the updated versions I think but the scenes with Jabba were top adventure for me as a kid. The monster in the pit, the escape from the giant monster in the desert, Leia in skimpy clothes. Top entertainment.

Star Wars was silly the moment Han stepped in to that puppet bar, it was silly long before ROTJ.

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

Which reminds me that no matter how much historical accuracy and fancy magic happens. It's all ultimately about families...😥👉👈 I'm not cutting onions! you are cutting onion! :'(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. John Carpenter's 'The Thing'
3. Saving Private Ryan

The other two slots vary based on my mood.

ralfy

ralfy

The Apu trilogy

The Human Condition trilogy

400 Blows

Manila in the Claws of Light

Fanny and Alexander

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed