[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series!

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 01, 2022, 05:26:18 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series! (Read 43,566 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 27, 2023, 07:01:55 PMIsolation's not good, Andor's not good, your takes just get worse each year huh?

I've praised the presentation style of 'Isolation' countless times. But if you're going to claim I should promote something which has been nothing but an unplayable glitch-fest for me, you're basically saying I should lie.

That's why I've also qualified my comments on it by saying I'm in the minority and that I'm glad others have enjoyed every minute with it. That's honesty. Not understanding why you'd have an issue with that.

And, yes, I regard 'Andor' as bad. Many others do, too. I can go into why that is and provide constructive criticism to back my view up.

Quote from: RIP77 on Apr 27, 2023, 08:16:53 PM
QuoteMany of us detested 'Andor'. Attrociously written, IMO, with zero character development. It's better not to assume one's personal views apply to the entirety of a fan

Apply it to you too when speaking not only for your but for many. At the end of my comment I say that I speak for me.

You wrote, "the fans." Like, the entire fandom. I was pointing out opinion on 'Andor' is very divisive. It's not a great example of something which has had overwhelmingly positive response in a fandom.

PAS Spinelli

Isolation being a "unplayable glitchfest" genuinely sounds like a you issue, I've played through that game multiple times through the last decade and have yet to ever run into any kind of bug

RidgeTop

Let's refrain from making differences of opinions personal, folks.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 28, 2023, 05:13:15 PMIsolation being a "unplayable glitchfest" genuinely sounds like a you issue, I've played through that game multiple times through the last decade and have yet to ever run into any kind of bug

Have you ever heard a Tragedy of Bolt Gun The Floating ?

I love Isolation and have nothing against Xenomorphine for disliking it cause he explained his POV on numerous occasions

BlueMarsalis79

He has takes that are outright just unsupported (no evidence) on A.I in Alien.

Both Alien Isolation and artificial intelligence within the Alien fiction.

Even on Xbox 360 Alien Isolation played well, despite the technical limitations, and having no business being even remotely playable on a console of that spec.

I have not seen any evidence of Andor being divisive either, just overwhelming praise for the writing, the directing and acting.

The only detractors of note I can think of being Star Wars Theory who disliked the absence of lightsabers and the force and recognisable George Lucas elements which fair enough, if that's what you're interested in, and conservatives who took issue with "the politics" because they are uncomfortably close to Fascism and do not want to admit it.

I just would like any evidence for the wild claims I see from him.

Prez

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 28, 2023, 08:08:34 PMHe has takes that are outright just unsupported (no evidence) on A.I in Alien.

Both Alien Isolation and artificial intelligence within the Alien fiction.

Even on Xbox 360 Alien Isolation played well, despite the technical limitations, and having no business being even remotely playable on a console of that spec.

I have not seen any evidence of Andor being divisive either, just overwhelming praise for the writing, the directing and acting.

The only detractors of note I can think of being Star Wars Theory who disliked the absence of lightsabers and the force and recognisable George Lucas elements which fair enough, if that's what you're interested in, and conservatives who took issue with "the politics" because they are uncomfortably close to Fascism and do not want to admit it.

I just would like any evidence for the wild claims I see from him.

My mates who are all keen Star Wars fans are split on Andor. Those that were not fans of it, didn't hate it but rather found it boring (and these are all 40+ middle aged nerds... I mean men).

That said most people I know were very positive on it.

Local Trouble

I'm glad I brought up Andor earlier.  It really paid off. ;D

Still Collating...

Seeing the stupid swords worries me a lot... And the genius behind calling the city that is controlled by Prodigy - "Prodigy city" should get fired. Why are all the names that we know of so far so awfully uncreative and cringe? I'm getting more and more worried about the show... And I still don't understand why it needs to be on Earth in the Prequel era.

Local Trouble

It doesn't and it shouldn't. This entire project would be getting laughed at mercilessly if Noah Hawley wasn't attached to it.

I myself don't care who's attached to it so I'll laugh at it anyway. :laugh:

Engineer

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 29, 2023, 10:40:55 PMIt doesn't and it shouldn't. This entire project would be getting laughed at mercilessly if Noah Hawley wasn't attached to it.

I'm laughing too, but partly to prevent myself from crying

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 29, 2023, 10:40:55 PMIt doesn't and it shouldn't. This entire project would be getting laughed at mercilessly if Noah Hawley wasn't attached to it.

You don't think naming a main character Wendy in a story about a character trying to achieve eternal youth is clever and cool?

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2023, 12:45:16 AM

You don't think naming a main character Wendy in a story about a character trying to achieve eternal youth is clever and cool?

I'll have to withhold judgment until I see her dance sequence.

kwisatz

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 29, 2023, 10:40:55 PMI myself don't care who's attached to it

The lies.

Spoiler
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The swords are bafflingly stupid to me honestly, I think that sort of thing works in the psychedelic unreality of something like Legion as does the names for things in this project but as for the rest here, I still think the fundamental story will be good but have given up all hope that the sensibilities and tone will be anything like the Alien we know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed