[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series!

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 01, 2022, 05:26:18 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series! (Read 43,563 times)

SiL

Quote from: Prez on Apr 27, 2023, 03:55:46 AMSo I'm not going to go down the obvious thought route on this based on one concept piece... but it is a bit `hmmmm' for sure.
For me it's the concept piece plus literally everything else said about the project before now. If that Art was the only odd thing I'd be happy.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 26, 2023, 09:48:41 PM
Spoiler
Android ninja ? Not too sure about that
[close]

Spoiler
We've had space truckers, space marines, space convicts, space pirates, space scientists and space colonists, so why not duel-wielding, android space ninjas?  ;D

[close]

skhellter

dark horse had been preparing us for this day...

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2023, 08:22:25 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 26, 2023, 09:48:41 PM
Spoiler
Android ninja ? Not too sure about that
[close]

Spoiler
We've had space truckers, space marines, space convicts, space pirates, space scientists and space colonists, so why not duel-wielding, android space ninjas?  ;D

[close]

Spoiler
I suppose it worked in Music of Spears. Although IIRC all but one of the ninja squad were melted by acid. And they were there to steal an egg, not to slash some Aliens.
[close]

RIP77

RIP77

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 27, 2023, 01:44:46 AMThe problem with that is that stripping out a lot of the Star Wars from a Star Wars product makes it better, not worse, and this seems to be adding a lot of tonally weird shit rather than trimming back.

Better or worse is more complicated than more or less Star Wars.

The Mandalorian is good and pure Star Wars.

Is more important quality general and quality Showrunners or directors like Filoni in Mandalorian or Tony Gilroy in Andor.

The fans didn't trust Tony before they saw it.

Good scripts are the most important thing and people who know what they are doing with creative freedom.

Noah H is good but is Noah...

Alien hasn't had a really good movie, a really good one since Aliens. Is a Universe dead where experiment in this serie and movie Fede is  more clasic.

Fox give two  products Alien  very differentes to differents audiences.

FX is not Fox. FX is more liberty to showrunners than Fox to directors.

His tone in this series will only be known if he is good at watching the series.

Seeing concept art is tricky out of context.

PREY suffered hate before the premiere so this series will be hated more because it is riskier que PREY and than Fede's movie.

Only by seeing it will we know if everything fits well or not. But for my part, a very open mind because Noah has had carte blanche for better or worse. And YES ninja robot is rare but in context  in show maybe no. For me narrative is more importa than ALL, repeat  speak for me.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Have been trying to think of a situation where blades wouldn't come across as ridiculous and... Holographic training? but it wouldn't make sense to train someone for a technique like that.

Maybe a dream sequence, but it would still be hopelessly predictable.

A synthetic trying to do a 'last stand' thing? The blades look too obviously... Bladey, not something improvised and repurposed as last-ditch weapons.If you were a robot, you might as well just hurl rocks at range with the force of a hydraulic cannon, instead.

Maybe they're not metal blades, but some sort of super-heated industrial tool? Well, then you might (maybe) not damage the instrument, but the wielder will still be getting splashed.

It runs a danger of feeling very cartoonish, in any case. The recent comics had a very similar issue.

Quote from: RIP77 on Apr 27, 2023, 11:45:22 AMIs more important quality general and quality Showrunners or directors like Filoni in Mandalorian or Tony Gilroy in Andor.

The fans didn't trust Tony before they saw it.

Many of us detested 'Andor'. Attrociously written, IMO, with zero character development. It's better not to assume one's personal views apply to the entirety of a fandom.

Ingwar

From heaven to hell. I was over the moon when I saw yesterday first image from Romulus. You know, I love Drizzt Do'Urden and fantasy stuff but this? In Alien universe?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Next thing you know they'll be putting dragons into the Alienverse...

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 27, 2023, 06:00:57 PM
QuoteThe fans didn't trust Tony before they saw it.

Many of us detested 'Andor'. Attrociously written, IMO, with zero character development. It's better not to assume one's personal views apply to the entirety of a fandom.

Isolation's not good, Andor's not good, your takes just get worse each year huh?

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2023, 06:45:31 PMNext thing you know they'll be putting dragons into the Alienverse...

https://64.media.tumblr.com/3d68a91acb6fa0f5eee4c7a8555e4257/tumblr_mhmc4onydU1r7wvzxo3_r1_400.gif

Didn't Scott call Xenomorphs dragons at one point? :)

QuoteIf I see one more dragon I'm going to shoot myself. Stop the dragons.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 27, 2023, 07:43:43 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2023, 06:45:31 PMNext thing you know they'll be putting dragons into the Alienverse...

https://64.media.tumblr.com/3d68a91acb6fa0f5eee4c7a8555e4257/tumblr_mhmc4onydU1r7wvzxo3_r1_400.gif

Didn't Scott call Xenomorphs dragons at one point? :)

QuoteIf I see one more dragon I'm going to shoot myself. Stop the dragons.

Ha yes, indeed!  :laugh:

RIP77

RIP77

QuoteMany of us detested 'Andor'. Attrociously written, IMO, with zero character development. It's better not to assume one's personal views apply to the entirety of a fan

Apply it to you too when speaking not only for your but for many. At the end of my comment I say that I speak for me.

Andor is liked by many and not by others, as always happens.

But we are not talking about Episode I or Alien4 than   like less, but about Andor than  like a lot and that is not an opinion, it is a fact.

And it doesn't change that many don't like it, as happens in all series. Andor is not Alien, which is something perfect and 99% like it. But I think the majority of SW fans like it and if it is not like that, they lose it because within SW it is one of the best written.

But is a example on Tony G like showrunner no fan of SW and polemican desicions.  But Is not site to speak SW. Is a example.

Noah is polemic and fan de Alien? or fan SCFI como Tony que used SW/Alien for make  other show different SW/Alien but than is SW/Alien too. Renoved, more serious, more politique, more thriller ...

Noah tell  than this show is thriller style cold war  with two corporations enfrentend. Spies, SCFI, tecnology different..But terror, Alien small scenaries  with people versus Alien too in typical movie Alien.

His show is  big an ambicious in tones, geners, styles.. My intuition

Mind open like ANDOR , MY opinion OF COURSE.

I fan stranger/radical becose love Alien but bored me Alien. I Need new formule, I need a terrorism showrunner to piss off fans and do what they want without paying attention to them.

Fede Alien yes. Respect, Original formule, classic Alien 79.   I Love these  style BUT in show Noah I  want revolution and shit on Alien.

This is the Way, MY Way  ;) .

Gimitko

The notoriously unreliable source Giant Freaking Robot just claimed Sydney Chandler (daughter of Kyle Chandler) will play the lead of this series. Sometimes they post accurate news like a day before the trades and I suspect this is one of those cases, because she is an unknown actress and that wouldnt bring them any clicks if they were making it up.

Nightmare Asylum

Looking at her filmography and it looks like Don't Worry Darling is the only thing I've seen her in (and to be completely honest I don't really remember her in that), so I'm not overly familiar with her work.

No idea how true this is given the notoriously janky source but... I guess she might be our Wendy?

Gimitko

Gimitko

She was in another FX series called Pistol. In Darling she was one of the wives, the short-haired androgynous one. The casting for Wendy was looking for an androgynous actor. Hopefully trades confirm soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed