Gladiator II

Started by Ingwar, Nov 01, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Author
Gladiator II (Read 51,863 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The market eventually did see The Last Duel on their bloody phones...

nanison

nanison

I did on an IPad if I'm honest  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: World of ReelWe weren't really sure if this one was actually happening, but then a week ago I broke the news that Ridley Scott was scouting locations for "Gladiator 2." Now we have more details ...

"Gladiator 2" will start production in May of 2023. That's a little more than 5 months from now, which is also when Scott's "Napoleon" is rumored to be released in theaters. The Gladiator sequel will be directed by Scott and shot via the lens of DP Dariusz Wolski.

The sequel will follow Lucius (son of Lucilla and the nephew of Joaquin Phoenix's villainous Commodus). If you remember, Maximus saved Lucius from his uncle in the 2000 film. Connie Nielsen, who played Lucilla, is part of the sequel's cast. So is Djimon Hounsou who is set to return as the once-enslaved Juba.

In 2019, Producers Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald had confirmed that the sequel would be set 25 years after the original. Writer Peter Craig (The Crown, Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 1 & 2) is set to write the screenplay.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/12/zyc9dpdxoz14uu5dro1p9fi6gfshwn

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Haha oh man, here we go!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The word choice there makes it sound like Craig hasn't written the script yet.  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

They'll make it up as they go along like they did with the first film.

I like how the thread title still has a question mark behind it. As if Ingwar is still in denial that this film is actually happening.  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If possible that is?.

First Blood

First Blood

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 15, 2022, 04:06:01 PMI like how the thread title still has a question mark behind it. As if Ingwar is still in denial that this film is actually happening.  ;D

I'll need plenty of whiskey :) Question mark will be removed once they start shooting ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Seeing rumours that Chris Hemsworth might star in this.

First Blood

First Blood

What an obvious and boring choice.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And the kid from the original is still acting, he reprised his Unbreakable role for Glass.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 17, 2022, 04:10:35 PMSeeing rumours that Chris Hemsworth might star in this.

Would honestly prefer Harrison Ford

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yep, Harrison is in his prime. Would make a fearsome Gladiator!  ;D

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 11, 2022, 05:17:12 PMThe market eventually did see The Last Duel on their bloody phones...

Funny story from the set of The Last Duel. Matt Damon, some of the cast/crew and a child actor were standing around talking between takes, lamenting about the current state of audiences not showing up to the theatre to see different types of movies. The conversation is winding down and the child actor turns and asks Matt Damon; "Will I be able to watch this movie when it comes out on my phone?". Matt Damon paused, sighed and replied to the child actor, "Yes".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed