10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,702 times)

BusyMom

BusyMom

Prey movie was excellent! I thought it was by far, THE best out of all the series. We all watched it a few times on Hulu and can't get enough of it. I especially loved the all Camache actors, and how unflashy the set was. Beautifully shot, that emphasized on the hunt rather than the kill.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I think its a great perspective to look at a film from a native american film critic, Native Media Theory. Its pretty great, take a look when you can.

Highland

Highland

Super interesting he also compares it to Rogue One when that was my comparison ( without seeing this video, I've never heard of him).

That's really what it felt like to me. Not so much predator 5 or whatever, just a fun side quest acknowledging what made the originals great.

Gieferg

Gieferg

Quote from: Highland on Aug 15, 2022, 11:18:07 PMthis went waayyyy past my expectations. Maybe that's why I like it.

Actually, it went way past mine too, as I was expecting a total failure and it's clearly not the case.
Still, I am not sure If I would want to rewatch it. And I did rewatch even Black's monstrosity of a movie after couple of years.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: BusyMom on Aug 16, 2022, 01:22:10 AMPrey movie was excellent! I thought it was by far, THE best out of all the series. We all watched it a few times on Hulu and can't get enough of it. I especially loved the all Camache actors, and how unflashy the set was. Beautifully shot, that emphasized on the hunt rather than the kill.

It's definitely up at the top!

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Gieferg on Aug 16, 2022, 05:52:02 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 15, 2022, 11:18:07 PMthis went waayyyy past my expectations. Maybe that's why I like it.

Actually, it went way past mine too, as I was expecting a total failure and it's clearly not the case.
Still, I am not sure If I would want to rewatch it. And I did rewatch even Black's monstrosity of a movie after couple of years.

I started watching it for a third time last night. I really dig the 90 minute run time and it's just beautiful to look at.

I think it'll definitely be my just chuck this on movie , it's so easy to watch.

oduodu

oduodu

voodoomagic gives his review

Kradan

Kradan

Wait ... is that @Xenomorphine ?

oduodu

oduodu

looks like.

Kradan

Kradan

f**k, almost 4 hours ? Can't wait to hear the portion where Voodoo tears Feral's design a new one

oduodu

oduodu

finally the one person whos oponion i just so wanted to hear on this movie called Prey

so much

yep 3 and a three quarter

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time poster/member here.

Just thought I'd contribute my thoughts and say that I really enjoyed Prey!
The Predator series as a whole was one that I always enjoyed each entry of, at least up until Shane Black's The Predator, which is the worst film in the entire franchise imo. So, frankly, the only thing I wanted was for Prey to be better than The Predator, and it definitely delivers on that front thankfully.
It's not a perfect film, but it's very much a solid entry and course correction for the series!
I've watched it 3 times since it's came out and enjoyed it each time, which I think is saying something. It's just fun to watch!

-Decently paced
-Main character's are well written, likeable, and have clear arcs
-Feral is an interesting and unique Predator, and has some cool kills
-Great action sequences and set pieces that are fun to watch
-Well done original score that stands out in the series, and has some great emotional beats

Dislikes:
-Like many, I'm not a huge fan of Feral's face design, but I have to admit it's growing on me. I think the practical effects version looks 100x better than the CG version.
-While the action is solid, I think it's lacking in some of the genuine tension that the first 3 films had.
-Would have liked some more additions to the Predator lore/world-building, on the same level that Predator 2 contributed.

Overall I'm happy with the film, and continue to roll my eyes at a lot of the anti-"woke"/misogynistic/racist/nitpicky comments that a lot of ignorant people have made towards the film.
I don't think this film is without it's fair criticisms, I've seen some good points in this thread, but I think a lot of people went in wanting to hate the film, and/or have thoughts that come from a place of ignorance.

I'm looking forward to seeing where they continue in the series from here! Whether it be a direct sequel or a more anthology direction.

My score: ☆☆☆☆/5!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Aug 19, 2022, 06:02:56 PMHi everyone! Long time reader, first time poster/member here.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

@BlueMarsalis79   Thank you!  ;D

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Aug 19, 2022, 06:02:56 PMHi everyone! Long time reader, first time poster/member here.

Just thought I'd contribute my thoughts and say that I really enjoyed Prey!
The Predator series as a whole was one that I always enjoyed each entry of, at least up until Shane Black's The Predator, which is the worst film in the entire franchise imo. So, frankly, the only thing I wanted was for Prey to be better than The Predator, and it definitely delivers on that front thankfully.
It's not a perfect film, but it's very much a solid entry and course correction for the series!
I've watched it 3 times since it's came out and enjoyed it each time, which I think is saying something. It's just fun to watch!

-Decently paced
-Main character's are well written, likeable, and have clear arcs
-Feral is an interesting and unique Predator, and has some cool kills
-Great action sequences and set pieces that are fun to watch
-Well done original score that stands out in the series, and has some great emotional beats

Dislikes:
-Like many, I'm not a huge fan of Feral's face design, but I have to admit it's growing on me. I think the practical effects version looks 100x better than the CG version.
-While the action is solid, I think it's lacking in some of the genuine tension that the first 3 films had.
-Would have liked some more additions to the Predator lore/world-building, on the same level that Predator 2 contributed.

Overall I'm happy with the film, and continue to roll my eyes at a lot of the anti-"woke"/misogynistic/racist/nitpicky comments that a lot of ignorant people have made towards the film.
I don't think this film is without it's fair criticisms, I've seen some good points in this thread, but I think a lot of people went in wanting to hate the film, and/or have thoughts that come from a place of ignorance.

I'm looking forward to seeing where they continue in the series from here! Whether it be a direct sequel or a more anthology direction.

Good review, and welcome to the forum!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed