Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 166,318 times)

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 15, 2022, 03:57:02 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 15, 2022, 03:07:44 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Aug 15, 2022, 03:02:40 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 15, 2022, 02:21:53 PM
Quote from: Memphis on Aug 15, 2022, 11:15:08 AMI wonder how Prey would have been recieved without Predators and The Predator.
Movie is fine, but I didn't get kick out of it, despite good action.  This flick has really dumb moments from pred and you feel like this stuff needed to happen because it is a movie there predator must lose. It is not organic enought. Also why we can't get good yautja design - his head is awful. It's looks cool in the mask, without it - hell no. 3 out of 5, I guess.

The story is dull and predictable, special effects and animations are pretty bad, acting is mediocre. No iconic characters, no iconic dialogs, No tension, the "predator" was stupid, "predator" it's more of a creature then a predator.

Why do you come here every day if you hate it so much? We get it. You don't like the film. It's absolutely exhausting having to come into this thread and read the same replies from you over and over again.

Why do you want everyone to love this film? I get it, you love the film, not everyone does and this is a discussion board. Imagen everyone loving the same movie, there wouldn't be much of a discussion would it? Be happy we all not alike.

You are replying to the site owner so, he has asked you to kindly stop it, so please do so.

I know who Darkness is. I've been here since 2007. I don't need you to tell me who he is.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

A handful of my favourite quotes:
Naru: A long time ago, it is said, a monster came here...

Taabe: You have to find that cat now.
Naru: I will.
Taabe: I know. Because you have to.

This is as far as you go. No more. This is it.

You think the reason for kuhtaamia is to prove you can hunt, but there's only one reason. To survive.

You had it, Naru. You can see what I miss. You always have.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 15, 2022, 03:55:55 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 15, 2022, 03:34:26 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Aug 15, 2022, 03:02:40 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 15, 2022, 02:21:53 PM
Quote from: Memphis on Aug 15, 2022, 11:15:08 AMI wonder how Prey would have been recieved without Predators and The Predator.
Movie is fine, but I didn't get kick out of it, despite good action.  This flick has really dumb moments from pred and you feel like this stuff needed to happen because it is a movie there predator must lose. It is not organic enought. Also why we can't get good yautja design - his head is awful. It's looks cool in the mask, without it - hell no. 3 out of 5, I guess.

The story is dull and predictable, special effects and animations are pretty bad, acting is mediocre. No iconic characters, no iconic dialogs, No tension, the "predator" was stupid, "predator" it's more of a creature then a predator.

Why do you come here every day if you hate it so much? We get it. You don't like the film. It's absolutely exhausting having to come into this thread and read the same replies from you over and over again.

I think there's a decent amount of back and forth going on from both sides.

It's a review thread and the moment someone criticizes the movie it becomes a lynching for not seeing it as the masterpiece sequel some are claiming it to be. There are definitely some remarks and complaints that are out of bounds, by way of those complaining about having a female character as the lead, but I think other criticism has been appropriate for discussion...

He's talking specifically to Lionhart. Lots of folks here dislike the movie. Sil has lots of criticisms and has good discussions regarding them.

Lionhart hides behind "But its a discussion board!" But he's not discussing anything, just repeating the same hyperbolic statements.

Also "lynching" is such a poor choice of words imo.

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 15, 2022, 03:43:40 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Aug 15, 2022, 03:31:27 PMno one's forced to love the film.

it's just that you're being very weird and very repetitive and very annoying about it.

You're that guy at parties that just starts shit talking everything that other people like and then acts surprised when other people just.. don't like talking to you.
First of all I don't party, alcohol is something I consume once a year, I rather spend that energy in the gym. second of all, I never started the shit talk in real life, I feel you are describing yourself here, you embarrassing yourself.

I'm guessing you don't know what an analogy is...

I'm guessing you like others tell you, you this type of guy who usually do this and that, me, I have self respect and I don't allow people talk about me or my personality. Analogy or not.

I'm off to leave you discuss this movie and how much you love it and how perfect it is and how it's better than the original or as good, because clearly not liking this movie is a problem in here. Have a good one yall

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 15, 2022, 03:59:05 PMAlso, it's simply ridiculous to expect a movie to be iconic barely a week after it's come out. That takes years to happen.

Or in the case of Prey, an eternity.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's the way you go about what you say that's the issue.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 15, 2022, 04:50:06 PMIt's the way you go about what you say that's the issue.

Okej,
Why do you feel that everyone who don't love this movie has to tip on their toes for the guys that love the movie? We are being called haters. Why?

What I wrote about this movie and feelt about this movie is coming straight from my dome, I don't feel the need to censor what I say about this movie. If I don't like it then I don't. I'm not gonna sit here and say well I didn't like the movie but it's fine maybe I will give it some time and start love it in the future. That's not how it works.
I have a strong personality and I show it, but I try to keep it respectful, but if someone like that guy can't remember his name starts to talk about my personality, that I'm like this and that in real life then of course I'm gonna reply on that what you think? I wasn't brought up like that, analogy or not it doesn't matter. Respect goes both ways.

I'm not going to bother in this section anymore because I'm feeling the heat around the corner if I continue replying. You know exactly what I mean. Have a good one.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

But just as you have an opinion everyone can have an opinion of that opinion, that's something people have to learn to deal with rather than taking it so personally. There's members that have opinions and takes that I absolutely disagree with but I still enjoy their company because that's normal.

But's that not even the real issue, the real issue if how you carry yourself, something even the site owner is calling you out on at this point. When you constantly drone on with the same negative energy of course it's going to get on people's nerves, even people who might otherwise agree with you, and the only way you can respond so far is to be overly defensive and obtuse, that is how your actions have spoken.

You really oughta just chill.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Pretty much. "Chill out."-John Connor

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"Alright, everybody. Chill!" - Mr. Freeze

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Icy come, icy go.

Gieferg

Gieferg

Forgettable mediocricity with some nice gory sequences. Typical 5/10 movie, cheap looking, with  characters I didn't care for, not too good pacing and ugliest predator face ever shown on film.

Yes, it's better than Black's abomination and AVP-R, but that wasn't hard to achieve.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Anyone can give criticism, but constructive criticism is learned and has been absent from a few people's posts.

Highland

Highland

I didn't think this looked cheap looking at all. Not for what it was. This wasn't some tent poll blockbuster. It was straight to streaming low budget action film with no actors of any note and a Director with one movie under his belt. The fact it's done so well is one of the films biggest strengths, because let's face it, this movie could have quite literally buried the franchise for good and I truly mean that. Instead we are looking at sequels and mass audience appreciation.

You want cheap looking, go watch half the things Disney put out on Multi Million Dollar budgets and Grade A actors.

It's all relative. Sure the Bear might have looked a bit "iffy" or the snake looked a bit "fake" but overall every shot of the Predator in action looks bloody good. The Directing was really good, the actors did a great job, the score was solid and the script was solid.

I dunno what people were expecting, this went waayyyy past my expectations. Maybe that's why I like it.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: Highland on Aug 15, 2022, 11:18:07 PMIt was straight to streaming low budget action film with no actors of any note and a Director with one movie under his belt.

Jumping off of this, I think that Amber Midthunder's career is going to skyrocket off of this. The big companies would be nuts not to take advantage of the film's, and Amber's, success here.

While she may not be a big name here now, give it two or three years and I think she will be. Taabe's actor, Dakota Beavers, was my favourite character here as well, I hope he gets picked up for more big name roles in the future as well.

Dan Trachtenberg might be a good pick for a more gritty Disney+ Wolverine series as well, seeing as they have the X-men now.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Amber Midthunder was already in X-Men.

Well, Legion, son of Charles Xavier.

Directed by Noah Hawley who will be doing Alien soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed