10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,911 times)

SiL

SiL

Prey draws direct visual contrast between the Predator and Naru developing their hunting.

Juxtaposition is a valid storytelling tool.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 07:42:50 AMPrey draws direct visual contrast between the Predator and Naru developing their hunting.

Juxtaposition is a valid storytelling tool.
Indeed, every Predator film (by which I mean Predator, Predator 2 and Prey) 'anti-mirrors' the main character with its Predator. Prey excels at that

SiL

SiL

I'd say Predators does the same. Royce is competent. The Berserkers... not so much.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 07:50:41 AMI'd say Predators does the same. Royce is competent. The Berserkers... not so much.
I have to rewatch Predators, it bores the tears out of me mate so I don't do that frequently (even sold my slipcase BR with Falconer on it). I only remember the script chock-full of edgy lines, the terrible late 00s color scheme (orange n teal), the painfully hilarious performance by the Super Predators that do a worse job than one Jungle or City Hunter, and the likes

Cool suits tho

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 07:37:52 AM"People doing their job a before running into the Predator " is the story of Predator, Predator 2 and Prey.

The movie is about wanting to take a test to become a hunter.  The only job she has is being a healer.  She has no job the requires her to act. 

QuoteNaru isn't obsessed with gender roles, she just wants to be a hunter.

Because you all think I cant.  That's her reason. She doesn't say "I like doing this" she says she wants to do this to prove that she can.

QuoteHer brother never questions it

Yes he does. After the ceremony he ends up getting angry at her saying she isn't ready and to not go after whatever she saw.

Quoteand when she arrives with the Predator's head at the end nobody loses their mind over a wOmAn bringing home a big trophy.

Yes the ending was very silly.  She got everyone killed and she gets declared a warchief.

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 15, 2022, 07:38:36 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 15, 2022, 07:31:41 AMThe predator isn't even part of what's going on because he isn't doing anything that deals with her.
I think we're talking about different movies here

Please tell me the reason that leads the main character into conflict with the pred because all I got is tracks being left and her obsession.

And to add more,  in Predators the Preds pick up people and drop somewhere else for a hunt. In The Predator two Preds fighting each others leads to a very visible crash landing.

In every single predator movie the predators are the main factor that leads to the fight. In Prey the pred is just walking around doing his own thing not messing with any character at all. 

SiL

SiL

QuoteYes he does. After the ceremony he ends up getting angry at her saying she isn't ready and to not go after whatever she saw.
And reveals later he said that to be mean, not because he meant it.

Did you watch the movie?

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 08:02:57 AM
QuoteYes he does. After the ceremony he ends up getting angry at her saying she isn't ready and to not go after whatever she saw.
And reveals later he said that to be mean, not because he meant it.

Did you watch the movie?

I'm sorry I didnt anything like that in the movie.
The closest thing is him saying what he started to say before he got mad at her when they were tied to a tree. Which was giving her some credit because she weakened the lion.

His angry statements still apply because she didn't bring it home. That issue still stands.

Can you please tell me at what part he says he didn't mean it?

SiL

SiL

He says she is ready and that it's her tactics that let him win.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

@DaddyYautja I suggest you rewatch the movie and ignore that the main character is a girl. That may help

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 15, 2022, 08:35:40 AM@DaddyYautja I suggest you rewatch the movie and ignore that the main character is a girl. That may help

I have no issue with who the main character is I have an issue with the bad writing.

AVP did a main female character 100% fine. If this movie treated the character like we got in AVP that side of movie would've been fine.

There are other issues like the dumb predator. This movie fails on several sides. This is not at all about one single factor. 

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 08:27:36 AMHe says she is ready and that it's her tactics that let him win.

You are talking about something else now.
Which scene does he say he was being mean? This movie is in a streaming platform,  it's not hard to load it up and get the dialogue. 

SiL

SiL

... no, that's what I'm talking about. He admits that when he shot her down earlier he was being insincere.

predator88

predator88

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 15, 2022, 08:47:17 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 15, 2022, 08:35:40 AM@DaddyYautja I suggest you rewatch the movie and ignore that the main character is a girl. That may help

I have no issue with who the main character is I have an issue with the bad writing.

AVP did a main female character 100% fine. If this movie treated the character like we got in AVP that side of movie would've been fine.

There are other issues like the dumb predator. This movie fails on several sides. This is not at all about one single factor. 

Sorry are you really comparing this film with the likes of the avp turds? Seriously Prey has a decent woman character with 10 times better characterization than the woman in avp or the treatment of predators

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Come on folk, let's remember to keep it mature. We're all adults. :)

Kradan

Kradan

What an exhausting life you must live, @Corporal Hicks

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed