10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,840 times)

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 12:40:50 PMhttps://c.tenor.com/F0EndCm50WsAAAAC/prey-predator.gif

Feral's an already iconic design.

Naru and Taabe are now among my favourite characters in either Alien or Predator franchise.

If that's what you feel then I say, good for you 👌🏽. This has nothing to do with being a hater, just because I don't like a design doesn't mean I'm a hater, it's called preference and if you like Feral then I'm glad for you and actually I like this movie better than The Predator and also Predators, but the super hype needs to stop is what I think.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

No.

Let people express their joy.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 12:46:39 PMNo.

https://c.tenor.com/E_bvEQoAFeMAAAAC/prey-predator.gif

Let people express their joy.

If you took your time and read what I wrote you would have found out that I said if that's what you like then I'm happy for you.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I definitely read what you wrote, I just think the hype's appropriate.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 12:48:42 PMI definitely read what you wrote, I just think the hype's appropriate.

Well if that's what you think then good for you 😉

426Buddy

426Buddy

Why does the hype bother you? Or anyone?

You should be happy the franchise is getting this kind of attention, it's long overdue. It's nice to have predator back in the headlines I say. Bring on the hype train.

Your fine if people like the film, as long as they just don't like it so much.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 13, 2022, 12:32:27 PMWhat's the big deal with the dog? It's not like it's the first time we see a dog in a movie?

There was nothing about this movie that was iconic. No iconic characters, No tension, no iconic dialogs, Design of the Predator was shit, the cgi was shit and will definitely look worse in couple of years. Where is all this super hype coming from?

I don't think it's "super hype". I think it's just people responding to a movie that is competantly made, by a director with something to say, that's thematically strong, and gives us something a bit different.

It's not "super hype" to enjoy a film that's got all it's moving parts working.

As for the CGI. I watched Doctor Who - The Ark in Space the other day. It's from about 1974. One of the monsters is literally a guy wrapped in green bubble-wrap sleeping bag. It's shot in a brightly lit BBC studio. It looks pretty bad really. But the script is intelligent and the actors totally sell it, and it is rightly seen as a classic.

The quality of special effects matters a lot less than you'd think.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 13, 2022, 01:23:19 PMWhy does the hype bother you? Or anyone?

You should be happy the franchise is getting this kind of attention, it's long overdue. It's nice to have predator back in the headlines I say. Bring on the hype train.

I would be happy if the movie deserves its hype,but it don't. Actually I'm fine if anyone like it, but I dont have to love it, and since this is a discussion board then I'm happy to throw out the things I don't like about this movie. I mean what can I expect from someone who rank alien 3 and Prey abow aliens 🤦

426Buddy

426Buddy

Trying to imagine myself having an issue with a movie getting hype or attention just because I don't like it. Can't say that I have.

I mean if people loved AvPR and it was hyped up I wouldn't give a fudge. Good for the franchise.

Anyway people are super silly.

And who cares how someone ranks the films they like? Immature to bring it up in order to discredit their opinion.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 13, 2022, 01:35:31 PMTrying to imagine myself having an issue with a movie getting hype or attention just because I don't like it. Can't say that I have.

I mean if people loved AvPR and it was hyped up I wouldn't give a fudge. Good for the franchise.

Anyway people are super silly.

That's why I said, if anyone loves this movie then they love it, ain't nothing to it. But then again, this is a discussion board so anyone can express whatever they feel about this or another movie.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

What can you expect? Excellent taste of course.  ;D

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 01:42:10 PMWhat can you expect? Excellent taste of course.  ;D

https://c.tenor.com/QA9A-MaJ4RgAAAAM/commander-shepard-deal-with-it.gif

I bet you spent one hour trying to find a fitting picture 😂😂😂😂

I don't have to deal with anything. The taste is different and I stand by my words. You love then go ahead and love it, but don't go around calling me or anyone else for a hater because we don't like this movie as much as predator one and two or a hater because I don't rank Alien 3 and Prey abow Aliens

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 13, 2022, 01:30:23 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 13, 2022, 01:23:19 PMWhy does the hype bother you? Or anyone?

I would be happy if the movie deserves its hype,but it don't. Actually I'm fine if anyone like it, but I dont have to love it, and since this is a discussion board then I'm happy to throw out the things I don't like about this movie. I mean what can I expect from someone who rank alien 3 and Prey abow aliens 🤦

I'm generally opposed to hype but it's good in this situation. It will help correct course on Alien/Predator content after all the years of low-effort, faux-intellectual mediocrity. Is Prey a 10/10 movie? Yet to be seen. I'm still digesting it. But the fact of the matter is that it's a far more intelligent and stylistically-savory movie than stuff like Predators.

The hype and enthusiasm surrounding Prey will encourage more media like it to be made for the franchise(s).

Regardless, though. It's not hurting you, so just ignore it if it's overwhelming. That's what I do for Charizard in Pokemon. It's good for the future though, so it's a bit selfish to say it should be gone.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not really, I just really dig Mass Effect.

I used a gif that had #Preysweep in it, and you took that seriously? Alright. Lmao.

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

Quote from: Lionhart on Aug 13, 2022, 12:32:27 PMWhat's the big deal with the dog? It's not like it's the first time we see a dog in a movie?

There was nothing about this movie that was iconic. No iconic characters, No tension, no iconic dialogs, Design of the Predator was shit, the cgi was shit and will definitely look worse in couple of years. Where is all this super hype coming from?

Everyone likes a good Coco :3

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed