Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,926 times)

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 08, 2022, 01:15:40 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 08, 2022, 01:14:01 PMBoth SM and Voodoo Magic are gone.

For what it's worth, Voodoo hated the movie.

I see you over there...👀🤓

much appreciated

predator88

predator88

Watched it again in Comanche language, gave it a more authentic feel and the only version I would want to watch. Again listing the positives and negatives:

SPOILERS

PROS:
- Beautifully shot, definitely the film's strongest point.
- Music was not a retread of the original theme but something new and refreshing which was a nice surprise
- Midhunter is definitely not my favorite protagonist in a predator film but she did a serviceable job, learning from her surroundings, constantly trying to improve herself and become a better warrior not just hunter. The other character worth mentioning is Taabe who was actually the best character and deserved to be the main one. The other characters were disposable.
- Some nice action scenes, none were the predator series highlight but overall the bear fight, wolf chase, french trapper massacre and Taabe vs Feral were good scenes.
- Feral had some nice presence, he is dumb as a rock but at least he is determined.

CONS:
- Over-reliance on CGI which was crap in a lot of scenes, the mountain lion was straight out of 2002, just terrible. The bear looked ok in some scenes, very fake in others. Some fake CGI blood also like when  Feral kills Naru's friend in the tall grass or when the bear's blood is spilled over him. In some cases the CGI was great like in the Wolf chasing the rabbit scene but this is an exception
- The end fight was kinda meh, Naru suddenly becoming a ninja and jumping all over Feral's back, slicing him all over, making him look like a chump. She seemed too over skilled for me. Also why did Feral spare her life every chance he got? It's said he didn't see her as a threat but that was no reason for him to ignore her like several times.
- Feral was basically a tank not interested in hunting that much, also he wasn't that smart getting tricked by his own equipment twice. This guy will get massacred by Jungle hunter.
- The movie tends to cut away from the violence numerous times, don't know why. The camera pulls away from the more gory bits and cuts some parts that didn't need to be cut. No idea why they chose to go this way but the movie was definitely more tame than I hoped. Only Predators is more tame in the franchise.

Overall a solid 7/10. Third best behind the first two (P2 will probably remain the best sequel forever) but above Predators and miles ahead of the predator which was a travesty apart from some nice violence here and there.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 08, 2022, 01:07:59 PMapologies this is not what this thread is for but i was so looking to vodoomagic's review. so he is no longer around. (is sm still a member?) so i domt know how tk ask this without sounding a bit offensive. but i wanred the opinion of a hardcore predator fan  that very specifically is not that much fan of the alien series as was the case with vm.

sorry if thia comes through as a bit derogarary or offensive. i much value the opinions of all the membeds here but i just wanted a take of someone who s heart and sole is only with the predator series and its lore etc etc.

again i am sorry if this seems a bit offensive.  vm was the only guy that was intimarely in love with the predator franchise like i know many people here is with tje alien franchise.

thays the impression i got

Nothing offensive in what you said, no need to be sorry. Many members here enjoy both Alien and Predator media but rarely to same extent.  I'm myself enjoy them both but through the years came to the consclusuin I love Alien more.

I would like to hear Voodoo's opinion on the movie as well. I knew he won't be pleased with Feral the second I saw it unmasked but kinda surprised to hear he hated the movie

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah Voodoo's got a take similar to Sil, only VM liked it even less.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 02:05:02 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Aug 08, 2022, 01:07:59 PMapologies this is not what this thread is for but i was so looking to vodoomagic's review. so he is no longer around. (is sm still a member?) so i domt know how tk ask this without sounding a bit offensive. but i wanred the opinion of a hardcore predator fan  that very specifically is not that much fan of the alien series as was the case with vm.

sorry if thia comes through as a bit derogarary or offensive. i much value the opinions of all the membeds here but i just wanted a take of someone who s heart and sole is only with the predator series and its lore etc etc.

again i am sorry if this seems a bit offensive.  vm was the only guy that was intimarely in love with the predator franchise like i know many people here is with tje alien franchise.

thays the impression i got

Nothing offensive in what you said, no need to be sorry. Many members here enjoy both Alien and Predator media but rarely to same extent.  I'm myself enjoy them both but through the years came to the consclusuin I love Alien more.

I would like to hear Voodoo's opinion on the movie as well. I knew he won't be pleased with Feral the second I saw it unmasked but kinda surprised to hear he hated the movie

ty

thats the thing. i want to know why some one deeply in love with pred franchise and years accumulating imterviews etc etc hates this movie. ty

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Voodoo based almost his entire identity on the forum on complaining about ADI Predator faces, right down to that ridiculous signature. So I can't say I'm surprised.

Highland

Highland

I think another reason this is popular is that it's not the usual blockbuster (which if you haven't gathered I'm completely sick of  :laugh: ) , it's one of the reasons I also liked the new ghostbusters movie.

Kinda old school, 2-3 solid action scenes, mostly character/story driven.

It's not often you finish a movie these days and say "I wish that was longer", it's usually the opposite!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 08, 2022, 02:23:50 PMVoodoo based almost his entire identity on the forum on complaining about ADI Predator faces, right down to that ridiculous signature. So I can't say I'm surprised.

You think he hated it based entirely on new Predator design ? Idk, even for him that sounds too much

426Buddy

426Buddy

From what I read he didn't like a lot of things. He thought the trappers bad comic relief and that the predator was too much like a slasher villain.

I disagree with both points but I get it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I didn't find the trappers to really be comic relief, but them having to stop and reload their single shot rifles was pretty funny.

Kradan

Kradan

That and "ricochet to the face" felt like I was watching a Marvel movie. Liked it tho

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The french trappers had the goofy style of some comics or superhero movie villains, yes. But I wouldn't say they served has a comic relief.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2022, 10:31:57 AMThe majority opinion has very much been in the positive. It's anecdotal of course, but I'm seeing that those of us that do love the film, still have an issue with the redesigned face.

Initially I was "caught off guard" myself, but I think it's actually growing on me though.

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

@oduodu

As a hardcore predator fan myself I love this movie including the new Predator. There :)

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 02:52:09 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 08, 2022, 02:23:50 PMVoodoo based almost his entire identity on the forum on complaining about ADI Predator faces, right down to that ridiculous signature. So I can't say I'm surprised.

You think he hated it based entirely on new Predator design ? Idk, even for him that sounds too much

his very melodramatic tweets about this movie were pretty funny. And he started those talking about the face design, above everything else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed