10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,723 times)

maknae

maknae

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2022, 12:40:05 PMYou also know the mud trick in Predator is also exaggerated and not entirely realistic?
But its much believable then magic flower, rewatch the captured french scene, Pred even cant hear Naru speaking second away he is behind her. Plus Arnold was a long time in cold water and he was totaly in cold mud, so yeah its so much more believable then flower.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Woke up at 4am so I could watch before work and I absolutely LOVED it! So f**king good!!! Absolute return to form for Predator! I don't have a single complaint! Beautifully shot, solid acting, savage action, brutal deaths I could go on and on lol! Big thanks to the cast and crew for all the work they put in to make this film amazing! Just wish I could see this on the big screen!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: maknae on Aug 05, 2022, 12:44:58 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2022, 12:40:05 PMYou also know the mud trick in Predator is also exaggerated and not entirely realistic?
But its much believable then magic flower, rewatch the captured french scene, Pred even cant hear Naru speaking second away he is behind her. Plus Arnold was a long time in cold water and he was totaly in cold mud, so yeah its so much more believable then flower.

It's a thing.

QuoteFor thousands of years, plants have been used to reduce body temperature. Sometimes the purpose is to stop or reduce a fever. At other times, the reason is to make a person feel cooler, such as when the air temperature is high.

The Top 6 Plants For Lowering Body Temperature

It may be exaggerated - again, like the mud camouflage - but it's got basis in reality.

skhellter

skhellter

the flower is... fine. Predator stories are PULP at heart. It's a fun creative thing in the movie and it works really well in its context.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I was actually really surprised by it. I was expecting the swamp to factor into her camouflage, but when I realised how it was going to go down I thought it was a great way to make sure of her skills.

maknae

maknae

This flower must lower your temp nearly to zero) Cuz pred can sees even dead bodies, that died not so long.
Remember those shots of Naru hiding behind the tree, man he even can't see that =) There is absolutly no chance for pred to win in this movie, script is just bad in my opinion.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2022, 12:52:20 PMYeah, I was actually really surprised by it. I was expecting the swamp to factor into her camouflage, but when I realised how it was going to go down I thought it was a great way to make sure of her skills.

Also surprised, alluding to when you and Ridgetop made a motion tracker video breaking down the trailer and the mud scene came up. I was so sure mud was going to be utilized like in Previous films.. wasn't I surprised.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Blacklabel is right.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: maknae on Aug 05, 2022, 12:54:38 PMThis flower must lower your temp nearly to zero)

lol. Just has to drop the temperature to match the rest of the foliage and ground.

guys.. it's fine. lol

Wantagoodpredmovie

Wantagoodpredmovie

Yes! FINALLY a decent Predator sequel! Here are my (non-spoiler) thoughts.

1. Main human character is good in Prey. Some Predator sequels had pretty forgettable human protagonists, I felt like rooting for the Predator to all kill those morons, especially in those AVP movies. But here you really do care about Naru. You see how she grows and develop throughout the movie. And you grow to appreciate her and her brother.

2. Cinematography. Yes, its good. It captures the natural scenery and landscape really well. In a way, nature itself is another character in the movie. It sets the mood and tone successfully and give the humans an advantage or disadvantage, depending on what sort of natural geography they are in.

3. The action scenes. There are plenty of blood and gore to satisfy the Predator fans. But what I liked the most is the flow and speed of the action. The Predator isn't just some big hulk. You see how agile and swift he can be. Some previous Predator movies made those creatures to be huge football players, strong and powerful but lacking the agility you expect of them. But in Prey, the feral Predator is almost a martial artist in the way in moves and slice through the humans.

4. The movie felt kinda slow in the first third of its run time but reflecting on it, I understand why they take the time. The film has to provide background context to Naru. And I like how it portrays the culture and society of the Comanche. Then from then on the movie transitions to Naru's hunt of the Predator. The movie starts out like "Dances with Wolves/Last of the Mohicans" meet "The Revenant" and then finally becoming the "Predator" we all know and love.

5. Overall I enjoyed the movie. The different historical setting gives the "Prey" a freshness the other Predator sequels were lacking. Its not perfect, like I said, the first part of the film is kinda slow. I heard Dan Trachtenberg, if he gets the chance to do another Predator sequel, he wants to set it in Japan of the samurai era. That would be awesome and I hope he gets the opportunity to make that film.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Yeeeeah if it was zero, wouldn't it be, like... frozen?

maknae

maknae

Quote from: skhellter on Aug 05, 2022, 01:00:52 PM
Quote from: maknae on Aug 05, 2022, 12:54:38 PMThis flower must lower your temp nearly to zero)

lol. Just has to drop the temperature to match the rest of the foliage and ground.

guys.. it's fine. lol

Anyway i think she should be sick or even lost consciousness with this magic flowers. But nah... runs, jumps, stole alien helmets etc))) They said this movie is like The Revenant with Leo, but its not even near with that in terms of survival in this movie.

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

I hate that my life is so busy right now I won't have time to watch this until tonight.......

Also I had heard about the the flower bit a little while back and knew that it would ruffle some feathers because apparently slathering yourself in mud to escape thermal detection is realistic (it's not AT ALL) but a cooling plant is where we draw the line?

I'll give my thoughts on the flick after I view it tonight.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

i demand a sequel

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Yea, mud won't last. It's a cool gimmick for the first film but realistically, the body's temp heats that mud up and mud dries out pretty quickly. It's totally fine, though, because fiction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed