10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 165,468 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2022, 08:35:01 AMI think it mostly comes from the trailer, which provides no context for why they say she can't be a warrior and it's edited in a way that kind of implies the obvious.

True, true. And the early plot/character info. 

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

This was... very good. I saw The Predator once, and figured it was pretty much RIP at that point.

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Prey

That's solid a lineup for this franchise. Be smarter than a beaver, y'all.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Seedkiller on Aug 05, 2022, 08:13:57 AMWhen is neca gonna jump on board? I keep checking the toy web sites haha

They're at a convention this weekend. Won't be surprised if they do a reveal there.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

All I can say to anyone that has seen it already..THAT BEAR SCENE! The single most badass scene in a predator movie hands down!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 05, 2022, 09:07:59 AMAll I can say to anyone that has seen it already..oh that bear scene! The single most badass scene in a predator movie hands down!

All the blood! That shot was soooooo good.

My girlfriend and I just got home from the Comanche screening in Santa Monica. I looked at her after the film and asked "well?" She looked at me, smiled big and said "It was really, really f**king good. I loved it." And she enjoyed the first movie in the franchise, and that's it, but doesn't love it. General audiences are going to eat this one up.

The dub was interesting. You could tell it was recorded in a studio, rather than on set in the wild. It took me a few minutes to adapt to it, but once there I'd say it was really good, but I'll never watch it that way again.

I prefer the delivery in English. Some of the emotion didn't hit as hard for me and I'm not sure if it was the performances in the dub that didn't do that. Still was good though, and an interesting way to watch the film. I'd say if it were filmed in Comanche, and not dubbed, it mighta worked better for me.

There was also complete audio descriptor text for every sound, and not just dialogue. I read "wind blowing" or "leaves crunching" and "Predator clicking sounds" quite a lot. Would have preferred it just had been dialogue.

Was still a very fun night! Got a poster!

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1555475793030963203

The Saint

The Saint

Haven't seen the movie yet, but is it safe to say that the Predator franchise has a better line up than the Alien's ?

SiL

SiL

No.

TStyx

TStyx

I really enjoyed it and I'd certainly pay to see more films like this one.  It worked so well I hope it's very popular and it starts more Predator films set in the past or in smaller more intimate settings. 

Very well done to all involved.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Now have to wait until tonight to finally see it.

maknae

maknae

Im not satisfied with this movie. So many dumb decisions just for Naru to win in this film. Too much of poor CGI here also. Predator is so stupid and weak.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Just finished it. Loved it.

I'll be more verbose once I've had a think on it :laugh:

Bharat

Awesome movie, but predator didn't belong to same caste which we saw in other movies ;)

Doomofman

Doomofman

Just done watching it. Really enjoyed it, lots to like but at the same time a few things that I didn't quite vibe with. I'd place it about the same level as Predator 2 for me (I quite enjoy P2 for what it's worth)

I like:
  • It's shot beautifully
  • Great score
  • Amber is amazing
  • Doggo is amazing
  • The action is very well done, never really lose track of what's happening
  • Predator movements are nice, I understand why he's called Feral
  • Naru's arc feels earned as others have said

I didn't like:
  • The CG animals are kinda jank and a bit too overused which makes their quality stand out a bit more
  • There's a couple of dialogue callbacks that feel a little forced
  • The unmasked predator face, I just don't know if I'll ever get to a point where I'm OK with it which is a shame as aside from that, the predator looks great

maknae

maknae

Predator's face is like an elephant-manpredator  :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's pretty good.

Spoiler
But the faaaaaaace
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed