Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,446 times)

SiL

SiL

I just saw someone on Reddit describe Jurassic World as of Colin Treverrow saw Jaws 3 and took notes thinking it was a Spielberg movie, and damned if that isn't the most accurate description of that movie.

Razz

Razz

Haven't seen Dominion yet, can't say I'm in a rush to aswell.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Razz on Jul 26, 2022, 07:41:36 PMHaven't seen Dominion yet, can't say I'm in a rush to aswell.
you should be as quick as a snail with circulatory issues

Rankles75

Rankles75

Finally got round to watching Dominion, enjoyed it a surprising amount and it's easily the best one since JP2.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Dominion has some great moments. I do feel leaving out the Prologue was foolish. It adds to the rematch between Giga and Rexy.

The Malta Atrociraptor chase is sublime.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 04:15:20 AMDominion has some great moments. I do feel leaving out the Prologue was foolish. It adds to the rematch between Giga and Rexy.

The Malta Atrociraptor chase is sublime.
Everything in Malta was awesome, highlight of the movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Malta sequence was what I wanted from the rest of the movie, and didn't get.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Jack Tenrec must have had a cameo in Malta  8)

Spoiler

[close]

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 18, 2022, 04:34:02 AMJack Tenrec must have had a cameo in Malta  8)

Spoiler

[close]
When I heard they were calling the reboot "Jurassic World" I had hoped it was basically going to be Cadillacs and Dinosaurs/Mad Max meets Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jul 26, 2022, 05:05:08 AMI just saw someone on Reddit describe Jurassic World as of Colin Treverrow saw Jaws 3 and took notes thinking it was a Spielberg movie, and damned if that isn't the most accurate description of that movie.
golden comment

nanison

nanison

I like Jaws 3 despite the shoddy special effects

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: nanison on Aug 18, 2022, 04:44:12 PMI like Jaws 3 despite the shoddy special effects
defo a more solid movie than all JWs

nanison

nanison

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 18, 2022, 09:05:48 PM
Quote from: nanison on Aug 18, 2022, 04:44:12 PMI like Jaws 3 despite the shoddy special effects
defo a more solid movie than all JWs

I mean it is certainly not a great movie but it had a really fun premise, the underwater scenes and overall set pieces had a lot of potential (that wasn't really fulfilled) I would love it if there was a remake.

Anyway I have yet to see Dominion and I am curious why it is compared with Jaws 3. I'm not harsh on the JW films. I personally liked the second film because it was completely different to the others in the franchise and I saw the fun in it. I mean the set pieces are original and fun, in movies like this I don't really care about a coherent or exciting plot.

I'm not hard to please 😛

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

I think Dominion is a fun movie. It does have some coherency issues with the overall plot that I think could be fixed with a few scenes that were either left out or didn't exist. Compared to Alien, the lore and world-building is very slim in the JP franchise, and I think Dominion does the best job out of all the movies of expanding the world.

Im looking forward to the extended cut we'll be getting for the physical release.

Also for the love of god give us a First-person survival-horror game set on one of the islands when everything goes shit.

nanison

nanison

@Wompdonkey

I think your wish should be fulfilled in the coming years, I heard there were more than a handful of dinosaur games in production though none of them are linked to Jurassic Park

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed